It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell phone video is kryptonite to racist people

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: JAGStorm

the hotel fired those two people.

Doesn't matter. They would do it either way. Plausible deniability. PR protection.

If you were on the board of say... walmart and were accused of pedophelia. I'm pretty sure that they would can you faster than you could say "It's a lie!", whether you did it or not.

No one wants to associate with bad publicity. Get rid of the connection, you're free from it. Especially when getting sued for 10m. If the hotel wins the case, they may rehire them.

That is why instead of firing them, you put them on paid leave until such time as an investigation can determine the actual guilt of the accused. In this case, they immediately considered them guilty and fired them without question.

Either, they looked at the hotel security tapes and saw it was justified to fire them, or they knee jerked in panic. If the latter, and these folks are deemed innocent, then the hotel could be in for more lawsuits for wrongful dismissal.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I’m going to add this anecdotal info.

I’m from Portland. Lived there 31 years. The whole time I lived there, I and all the people I knew — never understood racism. We heard it talked about on tv, just never saw it in our day to day lives.

It wasn’t until I moved to Texas, that I truly witnessed it, daily. After all, Texas actually had slaves. Oregon did not.

I highly doubt the security guard called the cops just due to the guys skin color. It was the guys attitude that made him call the cops, is my guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Days after the incident, DoubleTree by Hilton Portland apologized to Massey in a tweet and said they had "terminated the employment of the two men involved."

He's a slam dunk for a settlement at least. The hotel as good as admitted guilt when they fired those 2.

This means nothing.. A star bucks girl enforced store policy and still got fired for "racism" when the loiterer wanted to use the bathroom. Maybe they were thinking they could prevent more trouble by just firing them. We all know they always give in in these fake racism cases.
edit on 10-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

Maybe I am wrong, but I call it fake because EVERY single one has been, once the facts come out. Like all of them.
edit on 10-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
not quite the same as a Police Officer asking for a DL. if you are walking, you do not require and ID let alone a DL.

a DL is only required while operationg a vehicle on the public roadways. that is it.

if you are on a public sidewalk and a cop comes up and asks for a drivers license, you can tell him to pound sand,

Unless you match the discription of an APB.

Know your rights, I do a lot of walking myself.

It's the same in the way that both are required for their own situation. DL for driving and a key card for his room/stay.

Walking without an ID or identifying yourself varies per state. Some places it's mandatory to have either or. Verbally offering your identity is a must in some states. Though, there are limits to what information they can obtain from you. "Back Home", if you were out say at 2am, walking home from wherever, a bar, a friends house... It will be demanded that you give your information or you'll take a little ride at the expense of the taxpayers.

all depends

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have a girlfriend (the friend kind not the dating kind - why is 'girlfriend' dual meaning!!) of mine that said when she lived up north, she felt more uncomfortable there than in the south. She said that up north, racism was "under their breath" where as in the south racism was out and up front where you knew what you were dealing with.

Granted this is a black girl that lived up north then moved down to LA. She also said that a lot of those people are racist and maybe/possibly don't even realize it, or maybe they do and just wont admit it. She felt as if the people were more fake.

*shrugs* her words (of course I may be paraphrasing a bit).

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey White ATS Members

When was the last time that you were pulled over while driving even though you were following all traffic laws?

When was the last time a cop randomly stopped you while walking in your neighbourhood? Have you ever been randomly stopped by a cop for no reason?

When was the last time you were followed by loss prevention/store security while shopping?

Seriously, in your entire lifetimes, how many times have you had an encounter with some kind of law enforcement/security for no reason whatsoever than just being somewhere?

Think long and hard about it. Really think.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have a girlfriend (the friend kind not the dating kind - why is 'girlfriend' dual meaning!!) of mine that said when she lived up north, she felt more uncomfortable there than in the south. She said that up north, racism was "under their breath" where as in the south racism was out and up front where you knew what you were dealing with.

Granted this is a black girl that lived up north then moved down to LA. She also said that a lot of those people are racist and maybe/possibly don't even realize it, or maybe they do and just wont admit it. She felt as if the people were more fake.

*shrugs* her words (of course I may be paraphrasing a bit).

Probably she felt that way about people up north because she was told she was supposed to expect them to be racist. And, when they weren't she had to manufacture it in her mind? That way, it justifies what she was told to believe. Instead of accepting people based upon their actions and not made up perceptions in order to meet some internal need to feel as she was supposed to be a victim.

Imagine that, could that be the simplest answer?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Hey White ATS Members

When was the last time that you were pulled over while driving even though you were following all traffic laws?

When was the last time a cop randomly stopped you while walking in your neighbourhood? Have you ever been randomly stopped by a cop for no reason?

When was the last time you were followed by loss prevention/store security while shopping?

Seriously, in your entire lifetimes, how many times have you had an encounter with some kind of law enforcement/security for no reason whatsoever than just being somewhere?

I have in each of those instances. And each time it was handled easily by being courteous and honest in my answers.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

uhhh.... Recently twice!

Once in my mustang. It was an obvious trick to get me pulled over. 2 cars doing 55 side by side in a 75 while a police officer was behind the right car and all 3 going the same speed and no one passing the other. This lasted for about 5 minutes.

One on the left pulled up just enough that I could get in there and pass them all. Unfortunately for me and great for the trooper, he quickly pulled me over because I passed too close between the vehicles. First question out of his mouth was...

You have any drugs, weapons, dead bodies in the trunk? ---- Yeah I knew what that last question was about. No, I was calm, I didn't slip and ignore it. I laughed and said "Hardly".

He told me why he pulled me over. I asked him about the two obvious traps in front of me 'impeding the flow of traffic'. He said 'what do you know about that'. I told him I was an X police officer and what they were doing was illegal but I was pulled over.

He let me go with a warning. Now I'm sure it was because I was an X officer.

Second recent time - I also have a Subaru WRX STI. Cops LOVE this car, apparently. Now, If I were mexican, I'm sure I would get profiled more so but.... it's not always about color.

All that being said.. When I was in the police academy, we were schooled on "running lace", which more or less is when an officer takes some side time to work the interstate in the local parish to help deputies. You are to profile by Car vs Driver. That means, if the driver doesn't fit the car, you pull them over.

Legal? No way! errr... maybe? I have no idea. But... That's the fact. Police WILL profile by Driver vs Car. It doesn't mean race. If you don't look like you fit the car, you will be pulled over.

I certainly don't fit my WRX STI but I fit my Vette and my Hellcat just fine and I would speed like a mofo in those. Never pulled over once. The STI I drive responsible while on city streets because I know... I know they're watching.

In your other questions - affirmed as well.

Loss prevention? haha I used to be loss prevention at Lowes. I get followed all the time (because I'm a real slow shopper). I have the most fun telling the guy in the end how obvious he was. It's always the same tricks and tactics that make LP stupidly obvious but then again, most thieves are idiots.

Watched a guy stuff a 50$ remote down his pants... The same pants that kept falling down every other step he'd take. No drawers or belt... What a moron. He dropped the remote so many times he broke it and left it laying there on the floor and just walked out.

Watched a woman in a dress take a 13 inch TV and straddle it under her dress between her legs and walk out. Don't ask me how. I still can't figure that one out.

edit on 10-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I don't see racism here. If the security guard did in fact ask if he was a guest, to which the young man answered "yes" and when asked what room he was staying in and answered "I don't remember" then what was the security guard supposed to assume?

He only showed the card sleeve after the initial confrontation took place apparently. This seems like a fake complaint that could've been avoided had the young man respectfully cooperated from the beginning.

Just my .02

At that point, the security guard should take his name and then run it through the system. If his name is not there, then remove him from the property. Oh, and by the way, it isn't grounds to remove someone because they're unable to remember their room number. Now that being said, if he has a key, and it seems he did and that room is under someone else's name, then he can be denied access and evicted from the premises until it has been established that he is a guest. As a Security guard, you need to go on more then just asking if you are a guest. This guard is either an idiot or he's Racist... And that goes for the Manager as well.

(post by contextual removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

well to my mind thisis just a new shift in "cash in culture"

setup someone to react to your bad behavior then win a payout.

but

it only works for a small segment of folks.

DNA is racist.

What is your evidence for that in this case? You are making an assumption on what bases?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

yes if it is in a public area

why didn't he take the call in his room?

that is what he paid for right??

the lobby is not his room

the pool is not his room

the hallway is not his room

he PAID for a room.

Use it.

When you stay in a hotel you are paying for ALL the amenities, that is why they even list them on their websites! Why is there a lounge area if not meant to lounge?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Hey White ATS Members

Well once I moved out of Texas, never.

In Texas at least Cops always looking to # with ppl.

Here in CO I've maximized my cracker privilege.

Somehow my gf is subverting some of my cracker privy, I been pulled over more times than her here, her being NONE....

What I realized, ppl in texas more open, here they hide it, they more into White flight lol.
edit on 10-10-2019 by Lysergic because: 25 lighters on my dresser, yessir

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

yes if it is in a public area

why didn't he take the call in his room?

that is what he paid for right??

the lobby is not his room

the pool is not his room

the hallway is not his room

he PAID for a room.

Use it.

So, you are implying that any phone call made or received outside of your own home or an establishment that you have paid for should be dealt with like a crime? Is that what you are implying? Oh, do you have a phone and do you ever use it in public?

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure about others on here, but I've stayed at a lot of hotels all over the country, many 4 & 5*

Just ask anyone in the hotel industry what goes on. You would not believe half the crap they see.

For example. I was in a 5* hotel near Atlanta. Very high end area. My friend and I were enjoying drinks at the bar.
A group of businessmen were getting wasted. One of them stands up in the middle of the bar and pulls his pants and underwear down and shows the whole place his parts. Do you think they asked him for his room number or if he was a guest. Nope. They didn't even ask him to leave, kept serving him drinks. The next day I was talking to the concierge about it and he told me it happens all the time and that several times drunk businessmen pee'd on the bench in the foyer. You think any of them were asked about their key or room....

Here we have a video that clearly shows a guy sitting in a quiet area being harassed. Some are saying what happened before. If we had a video before, some would say, well how did he come into the hotel, if we had video of that, some would say how was he driving up to the hotel. You catch my drift. Some can' t just admit he was profiled and they were wrong.

Also, if a guest is doing something unsavory - like feet on furniture, the workers should ask they to please remove their feet from the furniture.
In almost every hotel I've ever stayed at with a pool you see people walking barefoot in the halls/elevator, you think they are ever stopped? Nope, have not seen it once!

edit on 10-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 001ggg100

yes I have a cell phone and when I do get calls in public I either pull over if driving or

I walk away from others so as to not disturb them to have privacy.

I know that privacy is something younger folks may not understand.

The are like "manners" something else the young seem to misunderstand.

Some folks think manners are a sign of weakness, when in fact

Manners are the grease of society, with out them, we have.....

THIS!

The exact situtaion you are concerned with.

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 10 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I walk away from others so as to not disturb them to have privacy. I know that privacy is something younger folks may not understand.

Did you watch the video? The guy actually says he walked over to that area so he could take the call privately.
He had a family emergency and had to take the call.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join