It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Number 1 in Foreign Elections Meddling in Half Worlds Countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Foreign electoral intervention

One study indicated that the country intervening in most foreign elections is the United States with 81 interventions, followed by Russia (including the former Soviet Union) with 36 interventions.

Score? 81 v 36. some sources say 85.

What a coincidence, as US also has military bases in 80 different countries. Obviously not all intervened are the ones with bases, but that appears to be a goal. (Aside from coups or just blatantly dropping bombs crippling countries instead, too.)

Russia only has bases in some 9 countries.

Isn't it ironic while US is meddling in so many countries elections simultaneously - ie multiple coups across Africa, Mideast, and Central/South America, that MSM would be so obsessed with inverting this reality?

edit on 3-10-2019 by tulsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

The rule of law is secondary compare to American interests....corporations.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What is worse, is that we are allowing other countries to get a chance to interfere with our elections, at Trump's direction.

And his supporters like this!

At some point in the future, I think the Trump supporter's will be called to account by good Americans, and they will have to explain why they allowed, condoned, and voted for foreigners to mess with our elections. What will they say?

Ummmmm. Durrr? MAGA?

They will will be looked at by history in a certain way.

It will not be pretty.

I hope that at that time no one will take revenge, and that we can take our fallen brothers and sisters back into the fold, and that there will be no blow-back for their lapse in judgement.

Americans are pretty forgiving, but only to a point.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

What is worse, is that we are allowing other countries to get a chance to interfere with our elections, at Trump's direction.

We don't allow it more than we value freedom of speech and an open society.

One of the prices for that freedom is we must remain vigilant on the information we consume, fact check it, and think critically.

Russia had some trolls in 2016, we have domestic trolls too.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

And his supporters like this!

At some point in the future, I think the Trump supporter's will be called to account by good Americans, and they will have to explain why they allowed, condoned, and voted for foreigners to mess with our elections. What will they say?

Ummmmm. Durrr? MAGA?

They will will be looked at by history in a certain way.

It will not be pretty.

I hope that at that time no one will take revenge, and that we can take our fallen brothers and sisters back into the fold, and that there will be no blow-back for their lapse in judgement.

Americans are pretty forgiving, but only to a point.

He's saying with a bunch of useless words: Orange man bad.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I guess our country now looks like we have no shame...because of Trump. I was in Europe last month and everyone asked my why our county was so F*ked up, and why Trump was elected? I told them we were were playing a joke on the world.

Turns out, we as a country are now the joke.

Happy now?

Is this winning, when Finland thinks all Americans are the stupid thing in the world?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Today on a list of things that never happened...

I travel all over the globe, regularly, for work. Since the election I have not once been asked about the United States and our government. The only things I've been asked is where I am from and other trivial information related to culture and places they might like to visit. I think for the most part everyone I've spoken with or met either doesn't think of the US at all, or ignores us. Which is pretty much the reaction that the regular folks here in the states have about other countries, either they don't think of them, or don't care.

Also Wikipedia is not an adequate source, but I will say this much, if you never considered that we were interfering with other elections what rock have you been sleeping under?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Muller and the msm did more to disrupt and overturn our election than Russia ever could. And the left seems bent on continuing Russia's dirty work.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Oh please, Russia has been attempting to dismantle the US in any way shape or form since 1945.

The internet has just made it that much easier to do so. America is actually lucky to have such a man in office who is so buddy, buddy with Putin right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It's from Norm Chimpski but this statement has merit (his research into Haiti was also spot on).

I guess our country now looks like we have no shame...because of Trump. I was in Europe last month and everyone asked my why our county was so F*ked up, and why Trump was elected? I told them we were were playing a joke on the world

That's weird I live in Europe and the majority of different Europeans I meet through work (and social) are actually releived Clinton lost.

What everyone does seem to agree on though is how the Western media is an absolute joke.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The US is much better at meddling in elections than the Russians are. The FBI and CIA know that. They actually bragged about it on national TV. The EU is constantly meddling in elections and I feel they are trying to seize control of the US through government infiltration making them the most powerful group in the world.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I guess our country now looks like we have no shame...because of Trump. I was in Europe last month and everyone asked my why our county was so F*ked up, and why Trump was elected? I told them we were were playing a joke on the world.

Happy now?

Is this winning, when Finland thinks all Americans are the stupid thing in the world?

LOL, no, no you weren't. I was all over there and never saw you. Plus after I left there, I went to Hawaii and had lunch with Tulsi, she said you were making up stories too. I bet you are big and make lots of money. Mommies basement dwelling Keyboard warriors are the best.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

funny. i used to get people asking why the US was so screwed up because of Obama. and how people could vote to make such an obvious incompetent the head of a country. what i get these days is more how can the American people tolerate what is essentially one big, long attempt at a political coup. and so it is those two things that make the US a joke to the world.

and while Trump and his tweets are considered a joke, he is nowhere even near alone in the idiocy of world leaders. heck Trump and his tweets are nothing when compared to the likes of Trudeau (although the "blackface" joke, has gone over the heads of people who can't understand what he even did wrong, or why it's even an issue), and Duterte. or when you look at the idiocy in the UK where people voted to do something, and the government ever since has been refusing to do the voted will of the people.

and is the US actually the number one in interfering in elections? they have so much company in doing so. Russia has been interfering in American and every other western nation's politics and elections since they became communist in ww1. the EU and European countries also have a record of interference. heck they along with Mexico, Canada, and South American countries worked very hard to interfere in the last US Presidential elections. the difference is they were working to stop Trump from winning, as opposed to Russia's apparent work to make Hillary loose (and can you even blame Russia if they did so? considering the democrats under Obama made Russia the enemy and a scapegoat, with Hillary directly involved in that demonization). the fact is pretty much every country on the planet who can, attempts to influence elections and politics of pretty much every other country, be they an enemy or ally.

new topics

top topics

join