It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prison Bitch....Rocks!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So, last week I pulled the wine down for a 2nd racking. Looking clear and I'm happy, so I racked it off to some 1 gallon jugs.

Tonight I took it out of the closet and checked it for alcohol...tests to 19% ABV...and I was skeered. Thought it might taste bad. Nope! Holy crap, this "hooch" is better than anything you can buy in the store! Thieved a glass between rack 1 and 2...whoooo wheeee...this is GOOD stuff!!

Small batch, only put up (12) 750ml bottles on this test batch. Wow, all came out fantastic. Got 'em all bottled up tonight and corked. Wow, I'm stunned at how well this came out!

Honestly, I've had $40 dollar wine which wasn't as nice as this wine is, and I'm not lyin'. Even the wife likes it...and she hates everything!

I've got about 12 gallons of must held back, and now I'm gonna' make some wine!! I figure 12 gallons will make about (50)) bottles of wine.

This stuff rocks!!

BTW...the label will be called "Prison Bitch".
edit on Mon Oct 7 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS in title is a no-no!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

aaannnd how much did you have before penning this post

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Let me be the judge of that...

Seriously, send me a bottle...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well, total, just one glass. I had a half glass from both gallon jugs. I used the wine to test for ABV % and then poured it into a glass.

Still....with just one glass, I'm feelin' it!

It's great! Maybe I had too much...Whoopeeeeeeeee!!

**hick** LOL!

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I've never sent any before, so I'm not exactly sure how to do it.

I'd gladly send a sample (bottle), but I'm just not sure how that would work.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Youre gonna go blind and insane.. or insane and blind... I forget the sequence of calamity since watching this doco about bad hooch. Better watch your methanol consumption there PrunoKing.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well, total, just one glass. I had a half glass from both gallon jugs. I used the wine to test for ABV % and then poured it into a glass.

Still....with just one glass, I'm feelin' it!

It's great! Maybe I had too much...Whoopeeeeeeeee!!

**hick** LOL!

LMAO! Oh boy this sounds like a fine Wine. Hope you're in good Spirits
edit on 2-10-2019 by Bigburgh because: To fix quote malfunction

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Youre gonna go blind and insane.. or insane and blind... I forget the sequence of calamity since watching this doco about bad hooch. Better watch your methanol consumption there PrunoKing.

But, DAMN he gonna be happy as he goes blind and insane.

Or insane and blind.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Let me be the judge of that...

Seriously, send me a bottle...

Me tooooo!!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'd love to see how the French wine experts would translate that.

I've made beer at home before. Loved the smell of the hops being thrown.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

19%? That's some strong wine lol.

What kind of yeast did you use? It's been a while since I've brewed but I think that's near the limit on what yeast can handle isn't it?

Ahh I miss brewing, young wine tastes so good... Unfortunately mine never ages past 6 months lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

As long as he isn't distilling he should be fine

Might go a bit mental if he drinks a gallon or two though lol. Wine is probably the safest and easiest thing to brew tbh, I've never had a bad batch or produced a nasty brew to date touch wood.

It can be insanely cheap to produce a good wine too, especially if you've got access to locally grown fruit. You don't even need to use grape juice, some of the best wines I've made had a cranberry base with other fruits added for flavour. Cranberry tends to come out easy on the taste buds, perfect for flavouring.

I've used orange juice a few times too... But yeah I don't think you can go blind off wine, the methanol levels should be so low that you'd die of alcohol poisoning before anything else.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

I've never sent any before, so I'm not exactly sure how to do it.

I'd gladly send a sample (bottle), but I'm just not sure how that would work.

ULINE has everything necessary for shipping wine...

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

What kind of yeast did you use?

I use champagne yeast. (Lalvin EC-1118, to be exact) It is alcohol tolerant to 18% ABV. Not sure how I got to 19% though. Could be a temperature thing. Maybe it's only 18.5%.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Nah, That's only with distillates. Nothing distilled here. Just fermented.

It's all good. No worries.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Even better, right now the label is a piece of blue painter's masking tape. Until the printed labels come in.

The wine snobs would probably have an aneurysm.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's not prison wine unless you add some bread, tomato paste, and some bread yeast. Pruno is an art.

But kudos on making one of the more difficult things.

Now, make some mead. And make a youtube channel as we can follow progress!

BigCliveDotCom and Towsnends et al, are not as satisfactory these days..

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Even better, right now the label is a piece of blue painter's masking tape. Until the printed labels come in.

The wine snobs would probably have an aneurysm.

Here you go ... Chienne de la Bastille ... dam' it sounds expensive already!

Cheers

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Not exactly true. The amount of methanol remains the same, distillation just concentrates that amount to a higher ABV. The higher the pectin content in the must, the more methanol will be produced, which is why hard cider and the applejack becomes riskier. Especially if you use the freeze distillation process (which is just as illegal distilling moonshine).

With the traditional distilling method with a still, you can reduce methanol by eliminating the heads and tails since methanol his a lower boiling point than ethanol. In any case the risks are not particularly high except in unsterile conditions and ethanol does counteract the effects of methanol somewhat.

Not a perfect solution with more ethanol as anyone having an “epic night” with Boone’s Farm will attest to the next day.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I've never tried to make mead before. I've read about it though. From what I understand it can be pretty tricky.

With the quantity of honey it takes to make mead, and the cost of the honey, I'm afraid I'll screw it up and be out a bunch of dinero. If I screw up a batch of Prison Bitch I'm only out a few bucks.

I used to brew beer a lot back about 20 years ago, and I got pretty good at that. My buddy got into brewing beer big time and had a front room taken completely up by his brewing set up (it was elaborate). He belonged to this club which was predominantly made up of folks who made mead. They leased an old bar which had gone defunct and they'd have these 'meetings' on the weekends where all the mead and beer makers would bring their brews for others to taste. To get around the liquor laws it had to be a club and it was members only, but each member could bring one guest. Everything had to be free.

I had some pretty awesome home brews and meads at this place. A lot of the folks in the mead crowd were pretty crazy dudes. They'd come in looking like they just came from a Renaissance festival, all dressed up in their leather tunics and tights. They'd scour the earth looking for period specific bottles and containers for their mead. Some of the mead was fantastic, but their get-ups were pretty comical. It was hard to take a guy who looked like an alchemist from the 12th century seriously. Got to taste some pretty cool stuff there though.

<<   2 >>

join