It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Busts Massive Fentanyl Ring Running Out of Dept of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in D.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: ganjoa

If you need drugs that potent, you may as well stay in the hospital. You get fentanyl on your skin as a non user and it's last caress for you. Oxy shouldn't be prescribed either. That person should also be in the hospital if pain is THAT bad.

There is a form of nerve dysfunction where the nerve that runs up the side of your face misfires and causes sharp and unrelenting chronic pain. It can chronic and unrelenting and it's not well understood why it happens. It has driven people to commit suicide, but there is basically nothing that would indicate a need for actual hospitalization, just heavy pain management.

trigeminal neuralgia

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This story does not surprise me one bit , remember when they announced after the 08 financial crash that all the banks would have gone to the wall if it was not for the drug money flowing through them at the time

www.inclusionexclusion.eu...

This guy was set up as a small player to make it look good while the big boys carry on as normal , the amount he was caught with was MINIMAL
somewhere round the corner 10 other guys have a hundred times more he was just a useful idiot thrown to the wind

250 pounds of fentanyl in the largest bust of the ultra-potent, synthetic opioid ever www.vice.com...

But here is the scary one

“Carfentanil is about 100 times more toxic than fentanyl and about 10,000 times more toxic than morphine.”

www.theguardian.com...

The local police force had unwittingly stumbled across what is believed to be the largest volume of the opioid ever seized in North America.
12 businesses in China who said they would readily export the chemical for as little as US$2,750-per-kg

I have worked for people high up in law enforcement etc and it never ceases to amaze that these people who earn hundreds of thousands a year all have screwed up kids all on the gear and are total XXXX ups

The local dealer getting busted might be news to you but think of it as paying a tax
and they are out on the street the next day with a slap on the wrist and back to dealing like nothing happened , but some poor muppet caught with a gram of M/J will get the book thrown at them and do jail time after having spent a month in court !

A war on drugs vet !!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ok you've convinced me. Still, something so potent and dangerous should be watched closely. Our doctors willy nilly prescribe toxic meds to anyone just because.... money.

Sadly, it's never an issue until a politician's son or daughter has succumbed to it. Or... They need it for a campaign boost. That's why I HATE HATE HATE politicians and politics of any sort. It's like giving some talking head who thinks they know everything the ability and the right to live off of me with no repercussions for anything they do or any laws they break, no matter how inhumane their thoughts or actions.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

HUH? What are you talking about. Hey if people need it for pain and what not. They can take whatever it is they think will work.

But lets be honest, there are many who are not in that much pain, and just looking for a sweet ride for a time. And then much latter when there not ridding high. They bitch about it. Like the guy and his wife I mentioned earlier. I do not think they were in terminal constant pain is what I am saying.

And whoever told you there is a purpose to life. Was probably lying. Life is just a bunch of random things that happen while your on the ride called life. There is not much purpose to it. Its just sort of just there, and everybody makes up a reason or reasons for it being there.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: 727Sky

Decriminalize all drugs.

License all dealers and tax the crap out of the sales.

Prohibition does not work. Didn't work 100 years ago. Doesn't work now. All it does is increase organized criminal activity.

This

Cannot star it enough.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: grey580

Decriminalize all drugs.

License all dealers and tax the crap out of the sales.

Prohibition does not work. Didn't work 100 years ago. Doesn't work now. All it does is increase organized criminal activity.

This

Cannot star it enough.

Something to consider is California... The first legalization of Pot brought in around 4 billion dollars into the tax coffers.. "Wow Golly Gee Whiz look at all the tax money we are making" !!

So what did the idiots do???? They doubled the tax and as of last year the revenue had dropped 1.5 billion while the black market saw an increase in their sales . Never under estimate the stupidity or the ability of a government to separate the money cows from their money until they wreck the system.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Oh so goverment only cares about it's bottom line and not individual people. Who would a think it....

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Its my experience doctors dont really prescribe it willy nilly (this part of why the black market exist). They do do a really good job though of convincing people they need it. When I destroyed my shoulder i was told i need it.I was asked why i didn't refill a prescription. I wasn't pressured into taking it, actually when I told them I used other means of pain management they encouraged me to stay that course. But at first, i was not recommended other means of pain management. And with that i had my shoulder looked at years later running marathons i was having sever pain in neck and shoulder on right side, so bad i couldn't turn my head. Again i was told i need it. No not really ill scale back running or stop. Luckily Pain management was something I had to figure out with a prior injury that happened while on active duty, where those doctors said deal with it lol. And people can, most pain can be managed with changes in life, physical theropy/exorcise etc. The stuffs so easy to push, but as long as you take it the original problem never goes away, it just masks it. With that, not all docs..and actually most docs tell people its not the long term solution. Problem lies in its a easy solution to a long term solution that means deal with it. It doesn't go away, it can only be made manageable. For me the means the tolerance got pretty damn hi, and my life is quite uncomfortable at times. Ice therapy works incredible well, as does exorcise.. no one wants to hear that.
edit on 2-10-2019 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join