It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Busts Massive Fentanyl Ring Running Out of Dept of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs in D.C.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I think most people who have heard Mexico is a failed Narco state takes the meaning as everyone from the police, military and many in the government are on the take. Chicago is the central distribution hub in the northern USA for the Mexican cartels...There are other smaller hubs but Chicago used to be the biggie.

When I first read this article I was not surprised in the least other than they didn't capture a plane load of blow registered/used by the CIA.

www.activistpost.com...

Washington, D.C. — Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation raided a government agency last week to execute a search warrant looking for evidence of a fentanyl drug ring. During the raid on the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, FBI agents found the fentanyl they were looking for and discovered a massive heroin and fentanyl ring being run out of the government building just a few feet from an elementary school.

According to investigators, undercover agents caught Darrell Marcellus Pope operating the massive drug ring in which thousands of dollars of fentanyl and heroin were being sold. The FBI reported that the drug ring stretched over multiple states

According to court documents, “Pope was observed outside his office building on foot and walking up to meet” the undercover officer. On multiple occasions Pope sold the detective varying amounts of fentanyl or heroin and fentanyl—some transactions were for as little as two grams, and one was for as much as 30 grams, the affidavit says.

www.nbcwashington.com...

The operation employed drivers who regularly drove people from Prince William County to D.C. so they could buy drugs from Pope, according to court documents. The drugs were sold at $100 per gram. In at least one sale, Pope was seen with a Glock 9mm pistol.

FBI agents found an ounce of the deadly drugs at Pope’s home and also found fentanyl at his workspace inside DCRA headquarters, where Pope was arrested. When he was taken into custody, Pope had 30 grams of fentanyl on him, according to court documents.

The idea that the FBI discovered a drug ring operating out of the DCRA is incredibly ironic given the agency’s mission of “protecting the health and safety of residents.” However, it should not be surprising. Government agents are often times the largest offenders in the State’s war on drugs.

As TFTP reported last year, a New York Police Department officer was arrested after she was caught running a massive cross-country heroin trafficking ring, all while using her badge as a cover to keep police away from the operations.

The Drug Enforcement Administration began investigating NYPD Officer Yessenia Jimenez, 31, in January 2018 after they found the phone number of her boyfriend, Luis Soto, 33, on the cell phone of a narcotics trafficking suspect.

The investigation concluded that Jimenez and Soto were conducting a heroin trafficking operation that stemmed Mexico to New York. The New York Daily News reported that the pair was arrested after they made a trip to Massachusetts to meet with a heroin trafficker.

Before that, a massive raid was carried out by the FBI of the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office and the Hammond Police Department. The raids were part of a year-long investigation into a U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency task force accused of a massive conspiracy to rob drug dealers and profit from selling the stolen narcotics. Two entire police departments were shut down after they were implicated in a multi-state drug ring.

This is why I mentioned Mexico and how the drug trade can corrupt anyone and everything.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The Irony of this matches the Irony in Chicago...

Gran dinero involucrado

Chicago police instructs officers to not cooperate with DHS, memo shows: ‘Sickening what’s happening'

The Chicago Police Department advised officers not to cooperate with the Department of Homeland Security, particularly in situations involving immigration arrests, according to an internal department memo obtained by Fox News.

Instead of assisting DHS upon request, officers are instructed to wait for their supervisor to arrive, the memo said. Once the supervisor arrives, “if the request is to assist with an immigration arrest or detention, CPD personnel will leave the scene as directed by the CPD supervisor,” according to the memo.

CPD confirmed the memo came from an internal superior but would not say if the directive came from the mayor. The mayor’s office has not responded to requests for comment from Fox News.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
People sure like there drugs it seems. Was listening to the radio about a week ago, and some couple a guy and his wife. Well they injected themselfs with what they thought was Heroin for a good time. Turns out it was fentanol, the wife died, the husband survived.

Now the husband is in jail and in court on murder charges. But they may drop it to a lesser degree since you know it was voluntary behavior on both parts.

Oh ya, strange times. I suppose. But people don't seem to grasp the zeros involved when they say its a multi billion dollar a year industry.

People sure are wack. And after the smoke and all the drama has cleared on the war on drugs fiasco. It looks like drugs won that war. If it can ever be called that.

Who would have thunk it eh?

Very few walking the planet today would have the metal fortitude to say no to bags and bags of money.

Its basically almost in the zero percentage it seems like. But I think its around 20% who would say no. Or at least depending on the situation, which makes the other 80%, the situation at hand.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The location of Chicago makes it big distributor of all kinds of regional resources. How official policy with prescriptions of strong pain killers has gone from lax to tight does help promote the black market for these kinds of medications. There are lots of complex issues with these class of drugs. Moderation is key as with most things in life.

A wise approach that does recognize the dangers helps find a practical way to get some out of it. Each case on its own merits.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Lol I use to live in Hammond La. One of the most corrupt small towns in the country. Several years ago the FBI took down most of their police dept. Full of nepotism, drugs. It's the main vein that moves drugs from Mexico up north on 1-55 to Chicago and the east coast.

When I first moved there, I had out of state plates. They stopped me, threw me against the car and searched it without asking. I did nothing wrong. Once I showed them I had recently got out the military they let me go. Insane. Another time they arrested me for having a burnt out reverse light. They let me go on the condition I would return with $25 cash. Lol. I did not return. Oh and there are lots of banks in the town. This is a small college town. Banks everywhere. If you see lots of banks in a small town you know something is not right.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Decriminalize all drugs.

License all dealers and tax the crap out of the sales.

Prohibition does not work. Didn't work 100 years ago. Doesn't work now. All it does is increase organized criminal activity.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Decriminalize all drugs.

Prohibition does not work. Didn't work 100 years ago. Doesn't work now. All it does is increase organized criminal activity.

The laws exist to create monopolies and cartels. This is what government is nowadays. Government is run by organized crime!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Decriminalize all drugs.

How to ensure the black market continues. See cigarettes in place with sky high (tax the crap out of) markets on tobacco.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Huh, but I'll bet you want single payer health care, don't you?

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"Thousands of dollars of fentanyl and heroin were being sold", "some transactions were for as little as two grams, and one was for as much as 30 grams", and "FBI agents found an ounce of the deadly drugs at Pope’s home"?

I'm definitely glad this fool is in custody, but this was no "massive" government drug ring. Where's the millions of dollars, multiple pounds, or kilos?

Sounds like this was just some idiot with the wrong side hustle who happened to have a government job, and who got caught up.
edit on 10/1/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Let me just say this about fentanyl.
It's a dangerous lousy drug that chronic pain users rely on for pain relief and as it turns out, life support.
Can't just drop your hourly fentanyl patch if you're a high dose habituated user or it's death for you.

We spend a LOT of time in doctors pavilions and hospitals to the point I've heard phone conversations between fentnyl pharma reps and their bosses. "NO! He can't take any more fentanyl scripts he's over DEA limits already". I was unsurprised that recent news sustains the drug pusher mentality of major pharma like the Oxycontin folks recent bankruptcy.

Wife's last pain management doc wondered why I was so adamant about getting her off of fentanyl.
Turns out these doctors don't know sh*t about the real effects of these drugs.
For all the junkies this doctor had created by prescribing fentanyl cocktails, ya know, the doc had never sustained any kind of injury or condition herself that required her to take pain meds. She was clueless about the actual effects, knowing only what she learned in school & what pharma reps told her.

We need more investigation into corporate pharma practices and felonies.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wonder how long Darrell Marcellus Pope has been working for the federal government. I bet this goes deeper. Why were news stations asking for comments from the D.C. mayor?

Oh, well, Mayor Muriel Bowser's office declined comment anyway. Don't get her involved...lol!

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Oh ya, strange times. I suppose. But people don't seem to grasp the zeros involved when they say its a multi billion dollar a year industry.

I guess the opium dens were dealing with mega $ for their day too and the laudanum addicts all legit.

People I guess just want to not hurt for a while, living is rough and if you don't believe there is a purpose to it and an end and realize your creator does love you it would be unbearable to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

That was my thought also. "Thousands of dollars"? What, 2k, 3k? Laughable.

How about they go to the sources and do actual busts and take down mad amounts. Surely those operations don't just come from other dealers who only have a few grams on them. Someone right above these dealers are making 10s of thousands of dollars. Above that guy, hundreds of thousands. Above that guy, millions and likely the dealer or the main receiver from the cartels.

It amazes me how investigations very seldom find large cache of drugs. It's rare. Are they just that stupid? No, they're probably nose deep in the market as well.

If enforcement was serious, they could crack down hard on the main sources if not suppliers. They aren't because they have too much to lose by doing so.

Want to stop the madness? Start at the top down. Start with the CIA, then go to the police and if... IF you even need to bother at that point, the dealers. Stop the first 2, the 3rd and 4th (addicts) will diminish.

edit on 1-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

If you need drugs that potent, you may as well stay in the hospital. You get fentanyl on your skin as a non user and it's last caress for you. Oxy shouldn't be prescribed either. That person should also be in the hospital if pain is THAT bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Good thing we are spending billions on that wall.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That person should also be in the hospital if pain is THAT bad.

Not necessarily. Lot of people living with chronic pain issues, not much they can do in hospital except charge them $600 a day for a bed. Better off back at home with a suitable pain management plan.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Wrong. Your facts are uncoordinated.
MANY people with chronic pain use time dispensed fentanyl patch so they can function and try to lead normal lives.

As an experiment to see what my wife's system contends with, I spent 3 days with a 75mcg/hr fentanyl patch to monitor & assess effects. This was consistent with label usage, with the exception I was not a tolerated user. It was a psychotic expierence after about 60 hours when a typical alcoholic beverage was added. It's a scary horrible drug that people have come to depend on because other means of treating their chronic pain are ineffective.

Fentanyl is dispensed as a timed release patch product and as an IV solution for inpatient hospitalization. Never seen fentanyl powder (like they show in these hige busts we've been hearing about) in a clinical setting....

For habituated patients deprived of the drug - the caress of death (so to speak) results quickly.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Irony of this matches the Irony in Chicago...

Gran dinero involucrado

Chicago police instructs officers to not cooperate with DHS, memo shows: ‘Sickening what’s happening'

Pathetic.

It is a racket, and a political one at that, shameful.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Decriminalize all drugs.

You get my backing, all the money lost to drugs could be taxed helping any countries economy, people with jobs as opposed to prison sentences for basically selling something to someone, when was the last time a dealer forced you to buy something, I usually phone mine and ask them what they got

WARNING LANGUAGE

I share most of my allegiencies to comedians, they at least make us smile

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join