It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn how to drive.....Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am absolutely livid with Illinois tollways! (Yes, it's me that sucks at driving this time.)

a toll is a toll
and a roll is a roll

and if we don't get no tolls
then we don't eat no rolls

Well, Illinois, or should I say Hell-annoy!

You should be chock-full of rolls now thanks to your most complicated pretzel knot of tollways that a country mouse like me has no clue how to decipher. I have my GPS set to avoid all tolls, but it trolls me every so often and so do your BS highways.

But I can't blame it all on GPS. I've been forced on by other drivers a few times because I couldn't get to my exit--boxed right in. Traffic is murder, but that's another rage-topic.

Half the time I don't even know where I am so I don't know how long I've even been on the tollway until I start noticing all the threatening road signs. I thought no big deal, I have cash and a card, pay it no problemo.

Wrong!

There either isn't an attendant or it's coin only payment. Who carries coins?! It's almost the year Two-Thousand Twenty Jeez Louise!

Oh and even better is open road tolling. I'm just automatically caught on camera collecting tolls with no chance to pay.

What a scam! Illinois, you've found an enemy in me!

edit on 28-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You don't need driver license to drive. I'm one of those guys who drive without indicators.

Who need indicators when driving a boat.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

And on the bright side, the toll roads are less congested. At least that was my experience with Chicago.

You are talking Chicago, right?

Or do you even know what city you were in? LOL

You'll get used to it if you have to.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

the toll roads are less congested

That's the funny thing. I thought I might as well enjoy it since I got on there a few times. But no, the traffic was the same gridlock as anywhere else. And the lack of opportunity to pay (I only got a cash attendant one time,) makes it frustrating.

It's not about the amount of money. It's the hassle of not knowing where I entered when I didn't even want to get on, so I can't calculate how much I actually owe on their website, but I have to pay anyways under threat of even more fines.

Can't they just give me a freaking chip implant that automatically withdraws from my checking? I would prefer that to this mess!

And yes, Chicago/ Indiana area.

edit on 28-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I-275 in Tampa might make you rethink your appreciation of toll roads. Not specifically for tolls themselves, but for people knowing where TF they're going. One exit's on one side of the road, the next is clear across the lanes and you better move fast or you're screwed.

It was always like running a gauntlet when we had to use it, and we knew where we were going. The swerves and lane shots from other drives indicated otherwise for others. All I have to complain about now here in W MI is the S-curve in Grand Rapids. People either take it at an insane rate of speed, or slow to a snail's crawl to go through it. Also, people are dicks up here, merging is a little harrowing some days because they make NO effort to let you in.

Everywhere has it's driver perks and drawbacks. MI doesn't really have any perks, the roads are crap and the drivers suck, so those Q-tips back on i-275 don't seem so bad anymore, lol.
edit on 9/28/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Why dont you just get an ipass homie? It covers like 8 states. Even I have one and I live in Iowa where tolls dont exist.

new topics

top topics

join