It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First House Republican backs Trump impeachment inquiry

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

originally posted by: Byrd
Checking Vox (the Hill is strangely silent on it right now), it appears that he is simply supporting an inquiry and not actual impeachment: www.vox.com...

There's a headline on The Hill (one of the best conservative news sites) that says Republicans are increasingly uncomfortable with what's going on and just how far things have gone: thehill.com...

While (according to The Hill) Trump can probably shrug off most of the Republican attacks as "fringe" or "wannabe candidates for 2020", or opportunist Republicans from blue states who want to keep their seats, there's some not-so-quiet indications of displeasure from some fairly powerful Republicans.

Will they abandon Trump? I think it's unlikely that the entire party will abandon him. But as this develops, Giuliani is not proving to be an asset and I suspect that more resignations will follow.

...and someone, somehow will spin this into "drain the swamp" in spite of the fact that the guys being "drained" were the ones Trump put in place.

The Hill is a conservative news site?

Every single article on their homepage is bashing trump.

That should tell you something. It's also telling that Paul Ryan feels he has more control over what Trump does working at Fox than he did as Speaker of the House..

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: underwerks
Republicans seem to be tied to power, not their core beliefs. They have little integrity.

What ever happened to a balanced budget? Civil rights? Following the constitution? Rule of law?

Republicans: "we chucked all that when Trump became president. We are his bitches in crime right now, until another bitch comes along."

Back with more nonsense eh?
So the Republicans should have more integrity like your deranged Leftist cult?
Open borders? Free everything for illegals while nothing for US citizens? Higher taxes? Damn near live birth abortions?
Nobody has ever said the words “Democrat” and “Integrity” in the same sentence ever....EVER. PERIOD.
Your mental illness knows no bounds.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Read Amodei's statement here and don't listen to this leftist propaganda.

Why'd you have to go and ruin Manny's thread?
LOL from the statement: “I now have a full appreciation of how the President feels. Have a nice weekend.”

Another leftist fantasy

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What ever happened to a balanced budget? Civil rights? Following the constitution? Rule of law?

Oh, no one wants to do that any more?

Some folks are so cute.

I say bring back the government cheese and butter for free hand outs. Sometimes your might get some powdered milk, so there is that!

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think the loudest voice is the one that is silent right now.
Mitch McConnell. Not a word.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Again... what does brand new have to do with anything.

He is not starting in kindergarten forum.
He is right here with you. Someone who was new in March of 2011.

So dumb.... so he's new. He is not new to the planet. Or the internet I bet.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He's dead. Kind of hard to maintain interest with a corpse.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The feeling is changing. Albeit its been a very very active news cycle over all and its impossible to escape from it.

I think that further down the road seeing what peoples sentiment is will be more telling.

Right now they are reacting to a deluge of bad news stories.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

Checking Vox (the Hill is strangely silent on it right now), it appears that he is simply supporting an inquiry and not actual impeachment: www.vox.com...

There's a headline on The Hill (one of the best conservative news sites) that says Republicans are increasingly uncomfortable with what's going on and just how far things have gone: thehill.com...

While (according to The Hill) Trump can probably shrug off most of the Republican attacks as "fringe" or "wannabe candidates for 2020", or opportunist Republicans from blue states who want to keep their seats, there's some not-so-quiet indications of displeasure from some fairly powerful Republicans.

Will they abandon Trump? I think it's unlikely that the entire party will abandon him. But as this develops, Giuliani is not proving to be an asset and I suspect that more resignations will follow.

...and someone, somehow will spin this into "drain the swamp" in spite of the fact that the guys being "drained" were the ones Trump put in place.

The Hill is a conservative news site?

Every single article on their homepage is bashing trump.

That should tell you something. It's also telling that Paul Ryan feels he has more control over what Trump does working at Fox than he did as Speaker of the House..

Im not following you here?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah, why bother looking into that.
Not like all those children being raped deserve justice or anything now that epsteins dead.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Did you forget that the house did a complete turnover in the midterms?

I know you didnt forget that.

And there were no gains in the senate.

The murmurings and whispers are becoming more frequent.

If he continues with the Biden nonsense and keeps tweeting off the rails he will lose them even faster.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Did you forget that the house did a complete turnover in the midterms?

I know you didnt forget that.

And there were no gains in the senate.

The murmurings and whispers are becoming more frequent.

If he continues with the Biden nonsense and keeps tweeting off the rails he will lose them even faster.

Biden nonsense?
What’s nonsense about Biden’s REAL quid pro quo while VP as opposed to what Trump is accused of?
Typical Leftist cult member looking the other way when a real crime by the Dems takes place.
No integrity whatsoever.
edit on 28-9-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yeah, why bother looking into that.
Not like all those children being raped deserve justice or anything now that epsteins dead.

Well the laser pointer is putting a red dot on the drapes now. Wait- now it's on the couch-chair-TV!! Don't ask her about silly things she's busy!

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

None of that matters. What matters is what they will continue to say, despite his own statements. The more they push it, the more people will believe it, the less the truth matters.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

None of that matters. What matters is what they will continue to say, despite his own statements. The more they push it, the more people will believe it, the less the truth matters.

That about sums it up.
Democrats are completely unshackled from truth.
They lie and cheat continuosuly and point the finger at others for their own misdeeds.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Actually, he just said that if the House brought impeachment, the Senate would have to hold a trial: www.businessinsider.com...

This is interesting, because due process doesn't require the Senate to hold a trial if the House impeaches. I think he's planning on the same scenario as Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton — both have been impeached; both were acquitted in the Senate.

It would take a 2/3 vote in the Senate to convict, and while he may not hold half the votes, I believe he can stave off a Senate conviction, which Trump will see as a victory.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Actually, he just said that if the House brought impeachment, the Senate would have to hold a trial: www.businessinsider.com...

This is interesting, because due process doesn't require the Senate to hold a trial if the House impeaches. I think he's planning on the same scenario as Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton — both have been impeached; both were acquitted in the Senate.

It would take a 2/3 vote in the Senate to convict, and while he may not hold half the votes, I believe he can stave off a Senate conviction, which Trump will see as a victory.

My understanding/expectation is that the Senate needs to hold a trial of some sort. However, it'll mainly be a hand-waving formality before they put this charade out to pasture. They could likely vote to permanently adjourn the trial, and it would pass by simple majority.

There are a handful of Republican senators from blue states (such as Olympia Snowe of Maine) who might vote for removal to save their political butts back home, however there are also some Democratic senators from red states (such as Joe Manchin of West Virginia) who will be committing political suicide if they support impeachment. These are likely to mostly balance each other out, and the end result will be a vote close to current makeup of the Senate: a vote narrowly supporting Trump. Without a real crime that isn't obviously a political hit job, the impeachment attempt is going to fail.

Looking back to Bill Clinton's impeachment, it was clearly politically-motivated. Did anyone really care that Bill Clinton lied about having an affair with an intern? No, they didn't; it was just an excuse to try to get rid of him. If he had been impeachment for an offense with more substance, the outcome might have been different.
edit on 30-9-2019 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

Lol... Meanwhile, more and more people support Trump. Nobody cares what these career politicians think anymore. Time to replace that RINO.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
But I doubt many republicans will want an impeached president on their party's record.

Why? They already have one.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: underwerks
Republicans seem to be tied to power, not their core beliefs. They have little integrity.

Republicans: "we chucked all that when Trump became president. We are his bitches in crime right now, until another bitch comes along."

If not for Republicans, you democrats would've ended Civil Rights and the Constitution a long time ago. Still sour over that I see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join