It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ANY Gun Control Activist Refute These Women’s Testimony Before The HJC On Sept 25?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Normal person: yes, I have a .22 to shoot rabbits and squirrels, a 12 guage for birds, and a 30.06 for deer season. I enjoy hunting, and it brings me and my family together each fall. We don't really care about the harvest, it is about our family. I also keep a revolver at home for defense. Never had to use it, but just in case.

Insane person: I have 6 AR-15s that i build from 80% kits, so the gubment doesn't know about them. I also bought a bunch of cheap semi pistols, and keep them loaded at all times, hidden around my trailer. I tell the kids not to mess with them. I gots lots of bullets, and even made some pipe bombs for when the gubment comes.

Who do you want to live next door to?
edit on 28-9-2019 by HanyManny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: HanyManny

So "insane person" has a bunch of illegal guns. The law will stop this how?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

So "insane person" has a bunch of illegal guns. The law will stop this how?

No, the insane person has legal guns but illegal pipe bombs.
The law didn't stop the pipe bombs

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Normal person: I own a semi-auto firearm.

Insane person: I own a semi-auto firearm but strongly believe they should be banned. But I still own mine. And am in zero rush to get rid of the I own.

Insane person: I don’t own a semi-auto firearm, but am going to pretend I do while trying to debate gun control in an effort to appear as if I’m arguing from authority.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
When criminals get caught with illegal weapons they are punished and sent to jail.

When law-abiding folks go hunting, folks wave as you walk down the dirt road with a brace of birds under one hand and your shotgun in the other.

See the difference?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Normal person now: I own some semi weapons

Normal person after sensible gun laws: I used to own some semis, but sold them back to to government during the buy-back. Thank god we got all those guns off the street. Murder rate is way down in the US. And when some criminal gets caught with a semi, it is life in jail. Best thing we ever did here.

ETA: Nor1

Normal person adds: It is just like back in 1934 when they made ownership of automatic weapons, sawed off shot guns and bombs controlled.

You can still own them, they are just tightly controlled. Back in 1934 everyone knew that these weapons had no purpose except to kill humans, so we agreed to tightly control them. Same thing with the semis.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Know what I noticed?

You wrote "criminals"
Then wrote "law abiding folks"

See the difference?
The type of gun is not the difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Normal person: sees they’ve been called out for fallacious arguments, changes tactics or shuts up.

Insane person: sees they’ve been called out for fallacious arguments, doubles down.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Nope, dude.....hikers with the fam along...in bear country and this...out my back fence line....on Lake Lavon.....the head wild hog of his group...40 hogs....is 750 pounds of terror ...his snout has bristles and look like they would draw blood if he swiped at your leg.....the. bristles are 8 inches long, my brother.......the gun is an ar15platform shooting 45 cal. They call it...." THE THUMPER ".I need my thumper

originally posted by: HanyManny
Put all semi-auto firearms under the "National Firearms Act" and be done with the argument. Hunters and sportsmen will not be affected, and you can still keep thugs off your lawn with a rifle, shotgun or revolver, for all of your "Rambo Fantasy moments."

All transfers of ownership of registered NFA firearms must be done through the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (the "NFA registry").[2] The NFA also requires that the permanent transport of NFA firearms across state lines by the owner must be reported to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Temporary transports of some items, most notably suppressors, do not need to be reported.

en.wikipedia.org...

End the problem.

Case Close.

Period end.

Stop Run.

###

edit on 28-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 28-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: Gonna get that boy.....

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
Normal person: yes, I have a .22 to shoot rabbits and squirrels, a 12 guage for birds, and a 30.06 for deer season. I enjoy hunting, and it brings me and my family together each fall. We don't really care about the harvest, it is about our family. I also keep a revolver at home for defense. Never had to use it, but just in case.

Insane person: I have 6 AR-15s that i build from 80% kits, so the gubment doesn't know about them. I also bought a bunch of cheap semi pistols, and keep them loaded at all times, hidden around my trailer. I tell the kids not to mess with them. I gots lots of bullets, and even made some pipe bombs for when the gubment comes.

Who do you want to live next door to?

I don't believe you own any guns or were in the military, there are laws on the books preventing you from owning any firearms.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

They can't buy back something they didn't sell me.

You cant have my guns.

Come and take them yourself if you're so adamant about it.

edit on 9 28 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Funny that there are so many tough guys on the internet that talk smack about how no one is going to take their guns, but when a cop shows up to their door they will gladly invite them in, make them coffee, and hand over everything down to their kids sling shot just to keep living in the trailer for another month, as long as the cop doesn't bust them for the 1/4 gram of crack they have hidden up their butt....

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sounds like you spend a lot of time thinking about guys online and their butts.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Normal person now: I own some semi weapons

Huh??

Question should hunting rifles be banned?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You've been making false claims throughout this thread, and every one of your comments is laced with irrational hyperbole.

The OP has presented a totally rational discussion on gun ownership, and you're saying that anyone and everyone who thinks that you should be allowed to own more than a revolver or a shotgun is crazy. You're calling those people antl-govt, trailer-dwelling conspiracy nuts. That's extremely narrow-minded.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's not a matter of refuting her, it's more that something clearly needs to be done to stop these mass shootings. Either gun need to be fixed or people need to be fixed. Or maybe we meet somewhere in the middle and fix each one a little bit.I

Why is it so hard to agree on sensible gun control?

The constitution clearly prevents outright prohibition, so can conservatives please stop talking about it. Liberals might want it but they ain't never gonna get it. And liberal please stop sting like white men are the problem. Gang violence is by far the biggest threat, and those gang hangers ain't white guys from the burbs.

Seriouly, find some common ground, any common ground. It doesn't have to fix all of the problems forever, let's start small and move on from there. Maybe better background checks, or better tracking of guns to keep them off of the black market. Something.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You dont "give a little" where rights are concerned. How in the Hell does someone serve in the military, swear to defend and uphold the Constitution, then display such haphazard cluelessness where the Rights enumerated within that document are concerned?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Agreed. Lets be sensible. Semi-autos should be treated like machine guns, sawed off shotguns and bombs. You can have them, but register them, and pay a fee if you want them. Otherwise, sell them to the government in a buy back program.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The constitution clearly prevents outright prohibition, so can conservatives please stop talking about it. Liberals might want it but they ain't never gonna get it.

We non-conservatives will stop talking about it when Democrats stop telling us they’re absolutely coming for our AR-15s and so on.

We’ll stop talking about it when we don’t have Presidents calling for taking people’s guns first and worrying about due process later.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Normal person:....... Crickets........

Insane person : I'm glad the government forced all these people to give up their guns... Makes my job of killing them much much easier, I'm definitely voting Democrat in the next election, my business is booming.

The normal person is dead at the hands of the nut job with all the illegal guns. In case you missed that. If writing a law could solve all our problems, the democrats would outlaw pens

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join