It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping, Tobacco, and the coming of the new Prohibition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Agreed.
I'm not about to ditch my vape for roll ups again.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I posted this elsewhere here on ATS [www.abovetopsecret.com...] but it is important so I will also place it here in case you missed it:

originally posted by: AlienView
As I watch this phony vaping lung disease unfold on the news - As we see the desperation of the anti-tobacco fanatics
who have decided to end vaping......

Remember what once happened in this country many years ago when the anti- alcohol fanatics created Prohibition:

10,000 People Died Because The Government Poisoned Alcohol During Prohibition

"When prohibition was at its height, the government resorted to a desperate plan to scare the public out of drinking bootlegged products".

"t was the mid 1920s, during the height of the Prohibition era, and the United States government was at a loss for what to do. America’s alcoholism was on the rise, there were too many speakeasies to count, let alone raid, and bootlegging empires were all but outright defying law enforcement to their faces. It seemed, for the prohibitionists, there was no way to control the masses".

"Upon realizing that bootleggers were renaturing industrial alcohol to turn a profit, the Treasury Department stepped in. At the end of 1926, they revamped the denaturing formulas and included known poisons such as kerosene, gasoline, iodine, zinc, nicotine, formaldehyde, chloroform, camphor, quinine and acetone. Most dangerous of all, they demanded that at least 10 percent of the total product be replaced with methyl alcohol or methanol. Today, methanol is most commonly used as an ingredient in antifreeze. Their plan rendered the renaturing process useless on industrial alcohol, as the process could not be used to separate out each of the chemicals, and it had almost immediate results".

"On Christmas Eve, 1926, 60 people in New York City wound up in Bellevue Hospital, desperately ill from drinking the contaminated alcohol. Eight of them died. In two days, the body count was up to 31. Before the end of the year, it had climbed to 400. By 1933, it was up to 10,000. Those who didn’t die came close. The combination of chemicals caused drinkers to experience everything from excessive vomiting, to hallucinations, to blindness............."

See whole article here:
allthatsinteresting.com...

Now I'm not saying the government is poisoning e cigarettes, at least not yet - But they do seem awfully desperate
to demonize a product that is helping many thousands of lit tobacco users switch to a safer alternative - Why?

And are they using what Donald Trump called 'FAKE NEWS' to do it? - I believe they are.

Mr. President you should know better - You, more than anyone else, should know how they use fake news
- in this case over exaggerating the ill effects of something [legit e cigs] that may only be slightly, if at all, related
to the lung diseases described.

Also see:
Trump is considering a surprise vaping ban that would make flavored e-cigs illegal
At this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-10-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join