It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaping, Tobacco, and the coming of the new Prohibition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
A quick review of history shows us how a group of 'public health' advocates, can change the entire nature of a nation and its constitution
- Yes this has already been done - Starting in the 1800s a group of righteous health nuts decided that the drinking of alcohol based
drinks was tha main cause of America's problems - So they gave you Prohibition, the outlawing of all drinkable alcohol and the rise of
the modern underworld - The underworld thanks them - Al Capone and El Chapo thanks them.

But I am speaking for the rest of us - NEVER AGAIN !!!

Oh, but they have a new cause, having lost the alcohol war, and with the coming of legalized marijuana, thay are desperate, desperate for
some cause, any cause, where they can interfere with peoples rights and control their behavior.

And yes they have it! Would you believe the one that got away, tobacco, is back in their cross hairs, and vaping, the one tobacco product
that troubled them most is now on the agenda. - Vaping was and is the most troubling product that ever came in front of a prohibitionists
myopic vision - They fumed and foamed at the mouth when it became apparent that tobacco could be made relatively safe
- As they hate all tobacco and anyone who uses it - Your safety is the least ot these control freaks concern.

What to do?, what to do? - They were tearing their hair out - And voila, a stroke of brilliance - Let's take anyone who gets sick, especially
if it involves the lungs - and when they get to the emergency room or doctor, ask them if they had vaped recently [doesn't matter what
they vaped be it tobacco or THC] as the control freak prohibitionist mentality has nothing to do with science or fact - Only control
is what matters.

So we now have a non-existent lung disease which can again be blamed on a tobacco product, vapes, and even though almost all the disease
[if there is any truth to it] is related to marijuana or illegal vape products bought on the street.

None of this matters - The're doing it for your good, right ????

NO THE'RE NOT!!! The're doing it to control you life and destroy you right to enjoy life.

So are you ready for a new Prohibition and a rise in a revitalized and stronger underworld than ever, as illegal e cigarettes become the
new cash cow for the new underworld sure to follow.?

Your flavors today, and all electronic cigarettes tomorrow - Real cigarettes and the sky high taxes on them are always more profitable
to the control freaks in government who want the public to stop vaping and start smoking good old fashioned cancer causing lit tobacco again.

edit on 27-9-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

It’s not that vaping is dangerous it’s that certain additives in cartridges are dangerous and that’s what they want to be able to have some ability to check.

Smh

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

They don't want "some" control unfortunately (the FDA has that already) ... what I dont understand is

1. Why there has been no PROPER studies outside the UK on vaping (nicotine and non-nicotine) juices.
2. Why these mystery illnesses have not showed up anywhere else in the world.
3. Why only in the past few months when millions have been vaping for the past 10-12 years.

Guess what the US has that others don't ?

1. Relatively easy Access to THC based oils
2. People willing to try and vape said THC and other oils (which BURN do not vaporize) in a product designed to vaporize nicotine PG and VG.
3. Idiots posting the idea of vaping the above concoctions on social media.

I hope this remains an American problem and the rest of the world doesn't follow suit.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Is it that they are banning vaping, or just the flavours? Still retarded but..

I'm glad I live somewhere still unaffected by the dangers of politics in regard to this. Well, beyond the current illegality of it.. Whilst still illegal to buy nicotine here, I can import it.. and flavours are everywhere.

I just have to remember, New Zealand for Nic, Aus for juice.

stupid really, but at least we don't have imbeciles calling for outright ban -- YET.

As someone in the US used to tell me "Why do you care what we do, you're not American."

We care, sweetheart, we bloody care.. stop setting the benchmarks and we'll stop.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I find it interesting that dry vaping never comes up in these equations.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What occurs to me is that (as usual) people are missing the point. Contained within the fact that the government is literally telling you what to (and not to) put into your own body is the fact that they're actually telling you that you're their property. Right? It's basically like you tell your dog what to do because although you love your dog and you want what's best for your dog, your dog is your property. It's an inferior life form. This is what they see when they see you. Their dog. Or, in this case, you're more akin to cattle.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

It’s not that vaping is dangerous it’s that certain additives in cartridges are dangerous and that’s what they want to be able to have some ability to check.

Smh

Yes, the black market stuff is not safe.
By outlawing vaping materials and equipment, the government will make the black market expand greatly.
Thanks Government!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheResidentAlien
a reply to: ravenshadow13

1. Relatively easy Access to THC based oils
2. People willing to try and vape said THC and other oils (which BURN do not vaporize) in a product designed to vaporize nicotine PG and VG.
3. Idiots posting the idea of vaping the above concoctions on social media.

I hope this remains an American problem and the rest of the world doesn't follow suit.

So your theory is that "vaping illness" is really the result of people trying to vape cannabis oil? Honestly, that sounds like a theory worth pursuing.

I wouldn't be so sure that studies haven't been done. Big Tobacco knew about the harmful effects of smoking for decades, but hid the studies to protect their profits. And what is vaping but a 21st-century version of cigarettes, with the smoke removed to make it more socially-acceptable?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

Smh

Yes, the black market stuff is not safe.
By outlawing vaping materials and equipment, the government will make the black market expand greatly.
Thanks Government!

I agree. Outlawing it means this.

The people who were vaping shonky crap from china, who wanted cheap stuff, will now be FORCED to vape shonky chinese juice.

The people who were vaping known juice from reputable sources who did so for years, will now be FORCED to vape shonky chinese juice.

And the more people get crook, the more they will say "SEE!!! VAPING BAD!!!11"

it's idiotic, and only idiots will enact legislation towards this.

One day, I dream of a world where logic comes back into play... thus far, it's retardomondo dude...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Have you even looked into it?

Dude, please...

The chemicals used to make it vapable in this form, are not healthy.

This isn't even new. Let me re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-add this vide.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
What occurs to me is that (as usual) people are missing the point. Contained within the fact that the government is literally telling you what to (and not to) put into your own body is the fact that they're actually telling you that you're their property. Right? It's basically like you tell your dog what to do because although you love your dog and you want what's best for your dog, your dog is your property. It's an inferior life form. This is what they see when they see you. Their dog. Or, in this case, you're more akin to cattle.

It's actually the other way round. They aren't telling you what to do with your body, they are telling the tobacco companies to stop pulling the same tricks that they tried back in the day.

Think of this as the feds telling your abusive boyfriend to stop manipulating you.

Big tobacco, and their e cigerette equivelants are knowingly targeting vulnerable women and children with addictive flavored products. You don't seriously think that strawberry bubble gum flavor vapes are being sold to grown men. It's like back ion the day with strawberry flavored cigarettes and camel mild. They target vulnerable and easily influenced groups in order to wring every last cent out of them that they can.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
You don't seriously think that strawberry bubble gum flavor vapes are being sold to grown men.

No, surely not, all the men I know only like banana raspberry sledgehammer flavour,

Go eat a brain....

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It's actually the other way round. They aren't telling you what to do with your body, they are telling the tobacco companies to stop pulling the same tricks that they tried back in the day.

Think of this as the feds telling your abusive boyfriend to stop manipulating you.

Big tobacco, and their e cigerette equivelants are knowingly targeting vulnerable women and children with addictive flavored products. You don't seriously think that strawberry bubble gum flavor vapes are being sold to grown men. It's like back ion the day with strawberry flavored cigarettes and camel mild. They target vulnerable and easily influenced groups in order to wring every last cent out of them that they can.

Alcohol kills more people than vaping, yet the alcohol manufacturers are allowed to target underage people with sweet, fruity flavors.
Not a problem though, I guess?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You don't seriously think that strawberry bubble gum flavor vapes are being sold to grown men.

One of my friends is a big, burly fireman in Bloomfield, N.J., we were at a pool party and he was vaping spiced apple. He didn't like that I asked if that cartridge came with a mankini.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

This is not true. "Good tasting" vapes are how nearly everyone I know, including myself, who was a smoker, finally quit smoking. When they start advertising during kids shows, I'll believe they're targeting kids.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What's really messed up is that nicotine in small doses is one of the best cognitive enhancers known to man. The problem is the delivery system. Any time you have to burn organic material and inhale it into your lungs it's going to be bad for you. Regardless of the benefits of what it contains.

I had hoped vaping would be a safer delivery system. And without a doubt it is safer than smoking. But the tobacco companies and lobby aren't going down without a fight. This has their grubby stained hands all over it. Just look at what they've recently donated to politicians:

Link

What vaping needs is it's own lobby. The only way to counter these bastards is to beat them at their own game. You'd think with all the money they're pulling in they would have enough to pay off politicians in their favor. But then again, I doubt there's any lobby more entrenched in Washington than the tobacco lobby. Apart from the oil lobby, that is.

To me, vaping being banned and cigarettes being legal is the height of stupidity. It should be obvious none of this is really about safety.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I've never seen such a push on a a story as this one on vaping. One thing is they never talk about how it is affecting the world and other countries. Sometime I wonder if this story is exclusive to the United States.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Time for a tax revolt.

My Ford F150 is aging, and the sale value of it would make a nice down payment on a Tesla. eliminate the fuel tax surcharge.

Stop vaping/smoking entirely. Screw them and their greedy need to outlaw vaping to prop up a dying tobacco tax and its need to repay bonds that value over 90bil

Ramp up my use of staple materials to cook from scratch. Eliminate sales tax.

Hell, as an employer i can even reduce staffing levels to reduce payroll and income tax.

Its absolutely time for a tax revolt. Im not a cash crop that the government can reap dividends from. And I won't be used that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Vape products are unregulated and untaxed at this point. Big tobacco and the war on their monopoly was to gain more money and was sucessful when the settlement provided billions to state and federal coffers. The unintended results of that war on big tabacco was its success. The education campaign, the tough restrictions on where smoking is allowed, the age restrictions, the alleged medical consequences all resulted in measurable numbers of declining smokers.

The health care industries including insurers have been able to tack on additional fees for smokers, a premium if you will. The entire industry has benefitted, but now the results of the war, the declining number of smokers not being replaced by young smokers has resulted in those industries losing the extra income. Some 20 years later, the states have exhausted the settlement funds, or at least the loss of taxes from less smokers means they are in need of another source.

Thus the crackdown on another unregulated product, vaping. The introduction of another well regulated and taxed product, in some states, the new legal marijuana industry. One is unregulated and not taxed, the other well regulated and taxed but not at the federal level since it's still an illegal product federally. It's all about regulations and tax revenue. The loss of tax revenue has hit the states hard because of the declining number of smokers.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My opinion, from studying the Vape chemicals and actually trying the vaper, is that they are more dangerous than cigarettes for those who smoke less than a half a pack of cigarettes a day. I do not smoke much and the vape effected my ability to breath much worse than cigarettes do, also it was way too strong in nicotine for me. I tried the nicotine patches to quit one time, way too strong too. I like the B-carbolines in tobacco.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join