It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine foreign minister defends Trump's call with Zelenskiy: 'I think there was no pressure'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

A top Ukrainian official on Saturday defended President Trump's July phone call with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, during which Trump reportedly urged authorities in Kiev to investigate dealings in the Eastern European county by the son of former Vice President Joe Biden.

“I know what the conversation was about and I think there was no pressure,” Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told the Hromadske media outlet. "There was talk, conversations are different, leaders have the right to discuss any problems that exist. This conversation was long, friendly, and it touched on many questions, sometimes requiring serious answers."

Zelenskiy's office has not commented on the allegations. Trump and Zelenskiy are expected to meet in person at the United Nations General Assembly in New York next week.

Ukraine foreign minister defends Trump's call with Zelenskiy: 'I think there was no pressure'

Ukraine's foreign minister came to the defense of POTUS Trump and has stated that there was no pressure when the POTUS asked Ukranian authorities to investigate if there was corruption in the case in which Joe Biden admitted to have bribed Ulkraine to fire the prosecutor whom was investigating the company Burisma holdings in which Robert Hunter Biden is a board member.

The Ukrainian foreign minister also stated that they covered several topics and that "leaders have a right to discuss any problems that exist."

But the left-wing media, and the left in general are claiming this is the same thing Obama and his administration did in spying Trump for being a political candidate. However, both cases are different. In one the POTUS is asking for an investigation of what, if true, is a criminal offense. But the Obama administration used lies from the Russians, and a foreign agent known as Steele whom admitted to wanting to stop Trump from becoming POTUS. These lies were paid by the political opposition of Trump, the DNC/Hillary, and those lies were used to spy on everyone and every document from the Trump campaign, and later the POTUS.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
For those whom want to claim that Biden did not bribe the Ukranian authorities here is a video with Joe Biden himself admitting he did this.

edit on 21-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Biden is a horrible candidate, the dems would be foolish to choose him, so they probably will.

Way too many skeletons in the closet and he's way too confused the vast majority of the time.

If he's their pick, it will literally be sending a lamb into the slaughter.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Watched this a bit ago, for whatever reason(youtube recommended it).

He's barely able to hold his own, trump will crucify him.

At this point, joe couldn't argue himself into getting a meal supersized for free because they got his order wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Democrat WhistleGate failing worse than The Hindenburg landing 😎 😃

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
One main concern of the U.S. should be determining if any corruption exists in Ukraine that would affect the procurement of military aid.

Corruption like theft and re-sale to enemies !!

Looks like the hidden Biden factors may point to that corruption possibility !! 😎

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
BTW, before it is lost in the mountains of lies posted by left-wing members on the other thread, here is some more juicy information which is relevant to this thread as well.

"Joe Biden even bragged that he withheld the over 1 billion dollars unless Ukraine fired the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, investigating the company his son is involved in.

Here is a script showing part of what Biden stated in the above video.

I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, youre not getting the money.

Well, son of a bitch, he got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

Stop The Tape! How Has Joe Biden’s Scandal Suddenly Become President Trump’s Scandal?

BTW, there is more juicy information in the above link. Including the fact that the next prosecutor was chosen by a different Ukrainian agency, NABU, which since then embassy officials and their actions were very pro-Clinton. So the Obama/Biden administration seemed to have had a say on whom was going to be the next Ukranian prosecutor...

Ironically, that company closed the case claiming, and I quote:

A second case involving alleged improper money transfers in London was dropped when Ukrainian officials failed to file the necessary documents by the required deadline. The general prosecutor’s office successfully secured a multimillion-dollar judgment in a tax evasion case, Lutsenko said. He did not say who was the actual defendant in that case.

Stop The Tape! How Has Joe Biden’s Scandal Suddenly Become President Trump’s Scandal?

What Biden and the Obama administration did is REAL CORRUPTION AND BRIBERY to get Ukraine to stop investigating the case in which Joe Biden's son is involved, while pressuring them to scrutinize Trump's possible involvement in another corruption case."

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I've asked Democrats if they think this should be investigated, whether Biden did this, no answer is all I get.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Biden is a horrible candidate, the dems would be foolish to choose him, so they probably will.

Way too many skeletons in the closet and he's way too confused the vast majority of the time.

If he's their pick, it will literally be sending a lamb into the slaughter.

Biden just better be careful about taking Trump out behind the gym to sniff his hair. He will surely get his ass kicked from there to Timbuktu.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I posted this on the other threads on this

The reaction from those who dislike trump?

Ignore it and claim we have proof trump extorted Ukraine

You can’t make yjis stuff up

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   

“I know what the conversation was about and I think there was no pressure,” Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told the Hromadske media outlet.

Why would Ukraine want to upset a major ally as Russia nibbles away at its territory , Trump wants Trump gets no pressure needed.
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

“I know what the conversation was about and I think there was no pressure,” Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told the Hromadske media outlet.

Why would Ukraine want to upset a major ally as Russia nibbles away at its territory , Trump wants Trump gets no pressure needed.

By that logic

When Joe Biden threatened a billion dollars when to remove the prosecutor that was looking at his son

And then afterwards the case was buried

Don’t you think the Ukrainian government wouldn’t want to upset the people who just gave them a billion dollars?

But even when we now have the current prosecutor of the Ukraine saying he has relooked at the case and be thinks there are things that need investigated

We are told well some folks in the Ukraine said the prosecutor Biden wanted fired deserved it and nothing shady went on

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I guess it depends on who you believe , a President who uses conspiracy theories as a shield or the man who founded Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center.

In an interview with The Intercept, Daria Kaleniuk, an American-educated lawyer who founded Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Action Center, expressed frustration that two recent front-page stories in the New York Times, on how the conspiracy theory is being used to attack Biden, failed to properly debunk the false accusation. According to Kaleniuk, and a former anti-corruption prosecutor, there is simply no truth to the rumor now spreading like wildfire across the internet.

The accusation is that Biden blackmailed Ukraine’s new leaders into firing the country’s chief prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, to derail an investigation he was leading into a Ukrainian gas company that the vice president’s son, Hunter, was paid to advise.

The truth, Kaleniuk said, is that Shokin was forced from office at Biden’s urging because he had failed to conduct thorough investigations of corruption, and had stifled efforts to investigate embezzlement and misconduct by public officials following the 2014 uprising

There is no question that Biden did, during a visit to Kiev in late 2015, threaten to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees unless Shokin was dismissed. But the vice president, who was leading the Obama administration’s effort to fight corruption in Ukraine, did the country a favor by hastening Shokin’s departure, Kaleniuk said, since he had failed to properly investigate corrupt officials.

“Shokin was fired because he attacked the reformers within the prosecutor general’s office,” Kaleniuk said, “reformers who tried to investigate corrupt prosecutors.”

As Andrew Kramer explained in the New York Times when Shokin was finally dismissed in 2016, Biden had acted as the point man for a coordinated international effort:

The United States and other Western nations had for months called for the ousting of Mr. Shokin, who was widely criticized for turning a blind eye to corrupt practices and for defending the interests of a venal and entrenched elite. He was one of several political figures in Kiev whom reformers and Western diplomats saw as a worrying indicator of a return to past corrupt practices, two years after a revolution that was supposed to put a stop to self-dealing by those in power.

As the problems festered, Kiev drew increasingly sharp criticism from Western diplomats and leaders. In a visit in December, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said corruption was eating Ukraine “like a cancer.” Christine Lagarde, the managing director of the International Monetary Fund, which props up Ukraine financially, said last month that progress was so slow in fighting corruption that “it’s hard to see how the I.M.F.-supported program can continue.”

theintercept.com...

edit on 22-9-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

this is what I have been talking about for almost 3 years.
there are no facts here, just "feelz"
(there is nothing wrong with feelz, eiher, unless you take them for facts)
the claim is the President Trump tried to "influence" another country.
the fact is VP Biden DID in fact influence another country over monies,
But thats OK, correct?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

But thats OK, correct?

The post above yours explains Biden's action and the reason for it , it wasn't a unilateral act on Biden's part.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So you admit that biden was in fact corrupt

thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sure he does.
He has that promise he wants trump to keep.

Ultimate abuse of power.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Its not trumps word vs this persons.

Its the word of current ukrainain officials, which is what the OP is about.

You say we cant believe the ukrainian officals because they would want to stay on the administrations good side; i say by that logic the fact we know the investigation intos bidens sons company never went anywhere after biden threatened a billion dollars to get the prosecutor fired could very well be because they were afraid to anger biden and obama and lose a billion dollars.

Now as for your article, I have responded to this on other thread., First, if this woman is arguing Zlochevky, the man who owned bidens sons company, was corrupt and shokin wasnt investigating him, why is she silent on the fact that after his ouster the investigations into Zlochevsky were buried and nothing was done to him?

Secondly she claims Shokin was fired because he was corrupt; thats not true. As we know from Bidens own words, the ukrainians dud not fire shokin until Biden threatened them with losing a billion dollars. So the question is why did biden want shokin fired, and this woman has no insight into that whatsoever other than her opinion.

third, the acac that this woman is part of isnt exactly an objective organization. They have skin in the game. They were being investigated by the Ukrainain government for crimes, and Obamas admin exerted pressure on the ukrainian government to shut down that investigation

While the 2016 presidential race was raging in America, Ukrainian prosecutors ran into some unexpectedly strong headwinds as they pursued an investigation into the activities of a nonprofit in their homeland known as the Anti-Corruption Action Centre (AntAC).

The focus on AntAC — whose youthful street activists famously wore “Ukraine F*&k Corruption” T-shirts — was part of a larger probe by Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office into whether $4.4 million in U.S. funds to fight corruption inside the former Soviet republic had been improperly diverted.

The prosecutors soon would learn the resistance they faced was blowing directly from the U.S. Embassy in Kiev, where the Obama administration took the rare step of trying to press the Ukrainian government to back off its investigation of both the U.S. aid and the group.

thehill.com...

So your original claim was no wonder the current foriegn affairs minister would say trump didnt exert pressure, he doesnt want to anger trump.

Well no wonder the head of the acac would back Biden and obamas story, their admin helped stop an investigation into the acac.

Isnt it weird how the great journalist at the intercept failed to mention that?

And more

A few months later, Yuri Lutsenko, widely regarded as a hero in the West for spending two years in prison after fighting Russian aggression in his country, was named prosecutor general and invited to meet new U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.

Lutsenko told me he was stunned when the ambassador “gave me a list of people whom we should not prosecute.” The list included a founder of the AntAC group and two members of Parliament who vocally supported the group’s anti-corruption reform agenda, according to a source directly familiar with the meeting.

It turns out the group that Ukrainian law enforcement was probing was co-funded by the Obama administration and liberal mega-donor George Soros. And it was collaborating with the FBI agents investigating then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort’s business activities with pro-Russian figures in Ukraine.

The implied message to Ukraine’s prosecutors was clear: Don’t target AntAC in the middle of an America presidential election in which Soros was backing Hillary Clinton to succeed another Soros favorite, Barack Obama, Ukrainian officials said.

“We ran right into a buzzsaw and we got bloodied,” a senior Ukrainian official told me.

So the new prosecutor that was called solid by biden says he was forecd not to pursue investigations into this group. The groups was funded by George soros and was working with the fbi in their investigation against manafort. And the ukrainain officals were angry that Obamas admin foreced them to shut down this investigation.

So sorry if I dont take the leader of the acac at her word.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wonder where Extoris is on this? Must have changed his screen name already, sad!

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It turns out the group that Ukrainian law enforcement was probing was co-funded by the Obama administration and liberal mega-donor George Soros. And it was collaborating with the FBI agents investigating then-Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort’s business activities with pro-Russian figures in Ukraine.

That's all I need to see to know the ACAC was a shell for the real corruption.

Remember, Obama would have more flexibility after his election.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join