It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau "blackface" outrage - Why now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada

I don't think anyone was aware. Some guy had a yearbook from the school, and contacted the media. These things that happened 18+ years ago often stay out of the light..till someone stumbles on it, or knows what to dig for.

If he wasn't such an arrogant, woke, righteous finger pointer..it may have never come to surface

I'm not outraged, people make mistakes, he is deeply learning from this group of them.

edit on 19-9-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It was "cultural appropriation" when a girl tried to wear, IIRC, a kimono-type garb to her prom.
It was crazy then, it is crazy now, it is crazy when the politicians in the US were called on it.
When do we attack Al Jolson????

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
It's concocted outrage. Blacking faces is not racist unless the intent is racist. A very small proportion of society need to get a dose of the real world and leave the echo chamber.

Also known as virtue signaling, pretending to be outraged on behalf of black people who aren’t outraged. Someone needs a good slap.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The only reason this makes the news is that supposedly someone is offended.

And yes, dressing as a priest at a Halloween sex party would likely offend Catholics.
I have no clue how the Brits react to blackface.
You would need to ask a European.

Probably should be asking a brown/black person if they think it's racist, I'm not sure anyone elses opinion matters.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am a Canadian.
I am not outraged whatsoever.
I think the guy is a douchebag but I have better things to dislike him for....this is such weak sauce??

When people are asking, why now...why didn't this come up sooner?
Why didn't you do homework before you voted??
Why did you just read an article about what "most Canadians think" and believe it....and then complain later??

Are we really this weak??

This halloween, I am either going to be Hitler, an alien, a blackface something, a ghost with a sheet over my head...or Dr Phil.

We are worried about a pic that was supposed to be fun or funny???

GTFO???

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
Fellow Canadian, not outraged either..it will be a shame if this is what sinks him, when there are other glaringly obvious things he should be liable for.

This is mostly humorous to me.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Trump would surely be impeached if he did what Trudy did

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Canadian Prime Minister did nothing racist and nothing wrong....he was dressed up as Aladdin... he was not wearing a derogatory racial message called "blackface" to send a message to the world or to anyone.

It is absolutely clear that there were zero racial connotations to be found anywhere within the spectrum of his past behaviour.

So the question is this...why are there not criminal or civil charges being pressed against the person who first brought up the issue of racisim in connection to those pictures and video....it is clear that some rotten group of conjobs are ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPTING TO WEAPONISE WORDS IN OUR LANGUAGES TO THEIR IMMORAL BENEFITS......these freaks are trying to weaponise the words blackface and racisim and they are OVERTLY LIEING AND INTENTIONALLY MISREPRESENTING TO DO SO.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

it is clear that some rotten group of conjobs are ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPTING TO WEAPONISE WORDS IN OUR LANGUAGES TO THEIR IMMORAL BENEFITS.

That would be Trudeau you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada
There is an election. Trudeau is seeking a second term. Why has this *suddenly" been uncovered in 2019? Why not in 2015?

You answered your own question. Because there is an election.

Just another one of Trudeau's many disguises from his tickle trunk...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: one4all

it is clear that some rotten group of conjobs are ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPTING TO WEAPONISE WORDS IN OUR LANGUAGES TO THEIR IMMORAL BENEFITS.

Actually....yes....lol...they are all cut from similar cloth these days.

That would be Trudeau you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Because, in reality, this isn’t a big deal. Only recently has it become a big deal because everyone is “woke” now and on a hair trigger about race, skin color, cultural appropriation.

Basically the loons on the left have created crisis and drama where there never used to be.
is

I cant speak for everyone, but I'm old enough to remember those times, and back then this kind of thing simply wasn't considered to be offensive unless you went out of your way to be insulting.

It was considered normal and harmless and nobody was upset by it at the time. People used everything from powdered gravy go spray to do it and it was just a bit of fun.

People who get offended by this are often just taking outrage. It's why they don't get upset when minorities do this kind of thing to white people, or to other minorities. Where is the outrage when Hispanics drew as native americans, or asians.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod just asked the wife she's a maori she said she doesn't give a #

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is top level comedy.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If Trudeau was honest and transparent, he would have revealed these transgressions himself.

Why?

If, in 20 years time, a friend of mine is running for the office of US Presidency, must he reveal, during his campaign, that, as a schoolboy in the playground, he once stretched his face to widen his eyes to make fun of his Chinese friends in the playground?

Really?

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Trump would surely be impeached if he did what Trudy did

Oh, don't be so overdramatic.

Northam was in a recent "blackface" scandal. But he's still in power. Yes, I know he's a Democrat, but still...

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'm Canadian and I could care less about him in blackface. It is election time and they want people to be enraged and divided.

It was a product of the times. Racism wasn't the first thing on anyone's mind as an accusation.

For anyone in their late 40's and older... what were the words you used when you had to choose a side using the old eeny meeny miney moe method? Something tells me it wasn't a tiger you were catching by the toe.
edit on 20-9-2019 by WalterTilley because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Its such a non issue I think the media and everyone in the public need to let it rest.

It wasnt done with racist overtones, he clearly said it was an aladdin play - and it was, look at the others dressed up

years and years back me and a friend went to the bledisloe cup (NZ allblacks vs Australian wallabies)

I painted myself black and put white stars on, my mate did gold with green stars

I did it because the team is called the allblacks...

there's not racism in blackface unless you deliberately do it to mock people who are coloured or to make light of slavery and their dark days.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada

originally posted by: carewemust

If Trudeau was honest and transparent, he would have revealed these transgressions himself.

Why?

If, in 20 years time, a friend of mine is running for the office of US Presidency, must he reveal, during his campaign, that, as a schoolboy in the playground, he once stretched his face to widen his eyes to make fun of his Chinese friends in the playground?

Really?

Nah, we all did that!

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: vonclod just asked the wife she's a maori she said she doesn't give a #

Ya, I'm sure many don't care, I did hear some Brown Liberal supporters on the radio yesterday upset. Doesn't bother me, my only though was being white, maybe I could never understand?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join