It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images of the interstellar visitors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Experts at the Gemini Observatory took multiple snaps of the rogue space object, which were combined to create a colour image.

It shows the mysterious alien visitor being followed by a very pronounced tail.

First image of mystery object ‘approaching our solar system’ from interstellar space revealed

Comet C/2019 Q4 as imaged by the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope on Hawaii's Big Island.

Astronomers reveal first photo of mysterious interstellar comet

Scientists are excited about a newly discovered comet that is dubbed Comet C/2019 Q4 as the comet appears to have originated from outside the solar system. The comet was discovered on August 30, 2019, by Gennady Borisov from the MARGO observatory in Nauchnij, Crimea. As of now, there has been no official confirmation that comet C/2019 Q4 is an interstellar comet.

NASA says comet C/2019 Q4 is an interstellar visitor

These are the best images I could find of our first interstellar visitor Oumuamua.

This view of the interstellar object 'Oumuamua was captured by the 4.2-meter William Herschel Telescope in La Palma in Spain's Canary Islands.

Space 'Oumuamua' space mystery may have been solved

Whether the structure was constructed by an extraterrestrial life or simply made of rock and dust brought together billions of years ago by primordial gravity, Oumuamua is definitely alien to our solar system.

Oumuamua From Beyond Our Solar System, Asteroid or Spacecraft?

If anyone knows of other images please post them or link to them if you can. I will keep an eye out for new images. If we are lucky the Mars rover or an orbiter may get an image of Comet C/2019 Q4.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As AN outtabox thinker it would appear the SOL System activities are being probed...
Deeper thinking is if it's not the already present Aliens then who

Nice share OP

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Rama.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Anyone else see the triangle of 3 dots in the tail, along with a shadow on the side of the comet?

This thing's trailing some bits and pieces.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Darn the govt spooks and their alien disinfo.

We don't know if it's a neato interstellar asteroid, a real alien probe or the prelude to their big Bluebeam psy-op!

I would be surprised if our confirmation of other life happened as A C Clarke forsaw, though... buuuut is this one coming from the same general direction as Oumuaua?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
No, 'Oumuamua and Borisov did not come from the same direction. The former came from the direction of the constellation Lyra, somewhere near the star Vega. The latter came from the direction of the constellation Cassiopeia, near the border of Perseus. These two star groups are a good distance from one another, in the sky.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
These are the best images I could find of our first interstellar visitor Oumuamua.

I know this thread is about images, but I just want to point out that the above statement is technically erroneous.

Oumuamua is most definitely NOT the first interstellar visitor, although it is the first recorded large-scale interstellar visitor.

On July 28, 2006, Victor Afanasiev from the Russian Academy of Sciences was making observations using a 6 meter telescope equipped with a multi-slit spectrometer. By chance, he observed the spectrum of a faint meteor as it burned up in the Earth’s atmosphere, and in looking at the data, found several anomalies. First was the speed at which the meteor was traveling. This meteor hit the atmosphere at about 300 kilometers per second, which is quite extraordinary. Only about 1% of meteors have velocities above 100 km/sec, and no previous meteor observations have yielded velocities of several hundred km/s. So where did this one come from?

Since the Earth moves around the galactic center at about 220 km/s, Afanasiev says the meteor’s origin cannot easily be explained by reference to the Milky Way. It appears that it came from the direction in which the Earth and the Milky Way is travelling towards the center of our local group of galaxies. “This fact leads us to conclude that we observed an intergalactic particle, which is at rest with respect to the mass centroid of the Local Group and which was ‘hit’ by the Earth,” Afanasiev and his team say in their paper.

Source: Researchers Observe Extra-galactic Meteor

So the first (I believe) recorded interstellar visitor (albeit tiny!) was actually in 2006, and since then at least a few more have been detected.

It's not really a surprise - obviously, material from outside the solar system has been passing through since the birth of our sun.

Also, while these meteoroids were tiny, they will have come from a parent body (much like Oumuamua or Comet C/2019 Q4) which would have a similar orbit to the meteoroid. This implies that there have been many Oumuamuas/Borisovs that have passed through, but have not been noticed. I would not be surprised if another large body like Oumuamua or Comet C/2019 Q4 is detected in the next few years.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

Thanks for setting that straight.

Good info to know.

edit on 17-9-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

Thank you for the info about their origins I didn't have the time to Google... I see I had trouble with the Hawaiian spelling with Oumuamua... typical.

It IS noteworthy that we've had two interstellar visitors so close together temporally, though I know we have more eyes these days and it might be common.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
When I was a kid, and I was a HUGE Star Trek fan, I thought, "Man, what if a bunch of really tiny aliens built a really small ship, and traveled a gazillion miles to find Earth, then burn up and die on re-entry...."

"AHHHHHAAAAHHH, DANG IT"S HOT!!!!!, There's an atmosphere?!! AHHHAAAAHHHAAHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

Sorry, one add. View from Earth. "Honey, did you see that shooting star? Yeah, beautiful..."

Fred..
edit on 19-9-2019 by fredrodgers1960 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join