It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a Space Alien Killed in NJ in the 1970s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I post this because it was posted yesterday on THE UFO CHRONICLES website so it;s current news while promoting a book.

www.theufochronicles.com...
Monday, September 09, 2019
Was a Space Alien Killed in NJ in the 1970s?

A retired Air Force major claims that an extraterrestrial was once shot and killed at New Jersey's McGuire Air Force Base back in the late 1970s.
By www.news12.com
9-5-19

George Filer is the subject of a new book authored by John Guerra titled, "Strange Craft: The True Story of An Air Force Intelligence Officer's Life with UFOs," The book chronicles Filer’s years spent tracking and reporting UFO's for the military in his role as an intelligence officer.

The article is continued at:

Was a space alien killed in NJ in the 1970s? The truth is out there
Posted: Sep 05, 2019 7:18 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 05, 2019 7:18 PM EDT

A retired Air Force major claims that an extraterrestrial was once shot and killed at New Jersey's McGuire Air Force Base back in the late 1970s.

George Filer is the subject of a new book authored by John Guerra titled, “Strange Craft: The True Story of An Air Force Intelligence Officer's Life with UFOs.” The book chronicles Filer’s years spent tracking and reporting UFO's for the military in his role as an intelligence officer.

Filer says that the alien was killed one night back in February of 1978.

“So, I called the wing command post and they confirmed it. I called the security police command post, they confirmed it…The medical team was out there to see if they could save the life of the alien but he apparently was, you know, actually dead,” Filer says.

I decided to look up George Filer and found this article:

www.huffpost.com...
Roswell UFO Controversy: Former Air Force Officer Says Gen. Ramey Lied To Cover Up Space Ship Crash

Over his 20-year career, Filer regularly briefed generals and congressmen about a wide range of security issues, including UFO sightings, up through the Vietnam War.

“It is my opinion that President Truman was there [at Fort Worth] and that he made the decision that it should be held at the highest levels,” Filer said.

“The reason I believe that is that I had talked with Mrs. Ramey. She would never admit that she knew anything about aliens, but she did say that [her husband] was very embarrassed about having to lie about the weather balloon — he was very upset about that.”

“She also admitted that they became good friends with the Trumans,” Filer added. “My point is: How does a one-star general become a good friend with the president of the United States?”

None of this comes as a surprise to former nuclear physicist Stanton T. Friedman. He’s the original civilian investigator of the Roswell UFO incident and the most outspoken scientist who believes there is overwhelming evidence that alien spacecrafts are visiting Earth. He, too, has talked with Mrs. Ramey.

“From talking to her, I had no reason to believe A) that she knew intimate details about Roswell or any other such event; or B) that she made up this story because it is consistent with a man of reasonable character who followed orders as one would certainly have expected him to,” Friedman said.

Both Filer and Friedman — the military man and the scientist — said they believe the Roswell UFO was an alien spacecraft, that Earth is currently visited by extraterrestrials and that only individuals with very specific “need to know” credentials have access to this information.

So Filer did not offer a first person account of the alleged dead alien. And then he shows his true color by stating that he believes that the Roswell "UFO" was an alien spacecraft. In that belief Friedman was "complicit" which is one of the reasons I criticize nukelar physicist Stanton Friedman, the worst person in UFOlogy with his big mouth.

I've criticized Filer also because he used to (and maybe still does) post questionable claims on his website which I threaded here.

So I hope any future threads about the alleged dead alien take into consideration the questionable source, the book.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Some random thoughts.

41 years is a long time; most anything done today with respect to this story will be speculation at best.

I am skeptical of those who assert that "aliens" or "spacecraft" are involved. Likewise, stories that get very specific as to the origin of reported "visitors".

It is not that I don't believe that events defying rational explanation occur. But I think we have MUCH further to go, and a lot of deception to cut through, before we can even begin to attempt to identify what we're encountering, much less "where" it comes from.

There -might- be people in the government who actually have some solid data, but if that is the case ... well, people sworn to secrecy are more capable of keeping those secrets than many seem to assume.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
In that belief Friedman was "complicit" which is one of the reasons I criticize nukelar physicist Stanton Friedman, the worst person in UFOlogy with his big mouth.

Stan is dead.

you know that, right?
edit on 10/9/2019 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

But PAUL returned !,

Evolution 😉

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Nobody involved with the Roswell incident was even thinking of ET as the story developed in July 1947. And I'm convinced that includes Jesse Marcel, although he was probably overjoyed to have 'captured' one of those pesky, potentially foreign spy 'discs' that had been all the rage since the Kenneth Arnold sighting a few weeks earlier - Ken himself believing the spy theory (although his beliefs morphed into more exotic themes afterwards).

After Marcel 'alienized' the story in the late-70s, the Weather Officer in Ramey's office also came forward to state that he immediately recognised the material and giggled at Marcel's belief that it was ET in nature, but I even have doubts about his account - not because it was an ET event, rather I cannot recall any contemporary accounts that mention an ET hypothesis about Roswell during the relevant window of opportunity whilst the story was big news. (The infamous 'Battle Of LA' in 1942 similarly failed to mention ET at the time.)

If someone can find such an ET-related contemporary quote about Roswell, I'd be interested to see it. I'd love to be proven wrong, too.

And no, pulp mags such as Amazing Stories do not count.
Plus, the finder wins a grapefruit.

edit on 10-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

originally posted by: Hunkadinka
In that belief Friedman was "complicit" which is one of the reasons I criticize nukelar physicist Stanton Friedman, the worst person in UFOlogy with his big mouth.

Stan is dead.

you know that, right?

Do I know it? You bet! I did a dance. Finally one less stupid person to deal with. He ruined a lot of impressionable minds. But at least there were a few open minded critics on this forum who called him on the carpet. He lied about Roswell and got rich off it. I met him at the United Nations and I took his photo. I never could stand him after reading his book on Roswell and his blabbing pro-abduction of the Hills and his support for the hoaxed MJ-12 "documents". Worthless!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Regardless of what you think Of Stanton,

dont you think its impolite to insult him now that hes left this world?You offend not only him but his close people aswell

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

He expressed a view backed up by examples; if you never say anything bad about the departed you rewrite history because in the end, no one is perfect.

It is better to call a spade a spade.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean everything about it is speculation.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
a reply to: Hunkadinka

Regardless of what you think Of Stanton, dont you think its impolite to insult him now that hes left this world?You offend not only him but his close people aswell

No, it's not impolite, any time would be appropriate. Before you got on my case you should have done a search on Friedman threads and see how I and many members made fun of him with insults thrown left and right. Anyone with a clear mind knows he was a drawback to progress in UFOlogy. Without his distorted belief system, spoken and written, a lot of people would not have been conditioned to his bs claims. Are you conditioned?

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shere Khaan
a reply to: IMSAM

He expressed a view backed up by examples; if you never say anything bad about the departed you rewrite history because in the end, no one is perfect.

It is better to call a spade a spade.

Since you didn't quote what you're replying to, I assume you mean Stanton Friedman. If I'm wrong, forgive me. Friedman may have backed a view backed by examples but never with evidence which he was wrong on all accounts. He spread lies like fertilizer.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: word4
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Just because it happened a while ago doesn't mean everything about it is speculation.

There are certainly events for which that case would be true. But until some harder evidence emerges, nothing but speculation will be generated over these particular claims. Aside from something truly undeniable like a body -- logs, any kind official records, sworn testimony by other personnel who were stationed at the base at that time would at least provide some substantiation that *something* unusual occurred that day.

“So, I called the wing command post and they confirmed it. I called the security police command post, they confirmed it…The medical team was out there to see if they could save the life of the alien but he apparently was, you know, actually dead,” Filer says.
news12.com Article

To the point: where are the logs of the security police, the wing command post, the medical team? All destroyed by the government? And the witnesses who received reports or saw the body -- all silenced by government intimidation?

Honestly think there may be cases that are better suited to actual investigation than yet another "we shot an alien" claim. (For example: narcap.org has some interesting cases on file) All these claims based on minimal "evidence" are just distraction or perhaps for some, entertainment. And they won't lead to any new insights, much less solid information.

Of course, all just my view.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join