It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everybody has to have a soul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It seems like we all assume that everyone has a soul.
But if we are to really understand what the matrix is about then we cannot assume that everyone has a soul.

The idea that everyone has a soul is not rooted in any rigorous reasoning. Because of this, it should not be accepted as fact that everyone has a soul.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SourceTruth

What is a soul ? what is it made out of ?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What matrix? Are you making assumptions about that? Flawed logic and a lack of provable evidence in your overall statement makes your hypothesis invalid.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

I am only making the claim that there is no solid reasoning behind a certain hypothesis that everyone has a soul. I'm not necessarily trying to prove that not everyone has a soul, I am just pointing out that there is no solid reasoning behind the idea that everyone has a soul.
edit on 31-8-2019 by SourceTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGravity

I am claiming that there is no solid reasoning behind the idea that everyone has a soul, and so it should not be assumed to be a fact.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I dunno "what the matrix is aboot," but I have always liked this thought exercise.

If we take it in context (an odd rarity nowadays), I feel it is very possible that not all humans have a "soul" (or "spirit"). Its not the most comforting thought, if accurate, but as the quote goes.. "reality is often disappointing."

I suppose there are plenty of ways to tie the idea into many of the established religions and forms of spirituality, but for the most part, those ideologies tend to take the form of making us feel good.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

It is not something that people talk about enough. But it should certainly be considered and not dismissed.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Correct the soulless ones are non-player entities or part of the program itself whose job it is to keep you in the program because if the program goes they go.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24593472]

Correct, the soulless ones have a job to do and that is to mislead the people who have souls and keep them entrapped.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Soul or no soul you be the judge!

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

When we define something we define it based on its properties. A soul has the property that it can exist within a human. A soul is the thing that is connected to the body that experiences what the body is experiencing. I am experiencing this body, but that is only because I am connected to this body. My soul is what the information from my body is feeding into.

A soul is having an experience based on the information it is receiving from a body. This means that a soul must exist by being connected to a body. But the problem is that we assume that the reverse is true. A body does not have to be connected to a soul, but a soul has to be connected to a body. So it doesn't have to be true that all people have a soul, because they could just be bodies without feeding information to a soul that is having the experience of a body.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If I am one of those without a soul, how would I know?

oh, and all black people have soul.

edit on 31-8-2019 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGravity

When you tell them something that doesn't fit with their agenda, then they will often try to avoid directly confronting your reasoning and will try to do a variety of things such as poking fun at you, denying your claims without backing, and making a straw man out of you.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yeah.. It isnt comforting. And, most who are religious or spiritual get into it for comfort.

Then, there will of course be those who thrive on "winning" online encounters. Makes exploring hypothetical concepts tricky when we cant give consideration to something we may not "believe" because of the need to debunk and get "gotcha" moments!

If true that not all humans have spirits, but some do, where/when/how do you suppose the soul/spirit is born?

Most approaches take an absolute approach; either everyone has a spirit, or no one does (it doesnt exist). The latter is a short conversation, but many religions and spiritual approaches are predicated on the foregone conclusion that such things are absolutely ubiquitous in our species. Maybe it isnt..

Would it change anything though, really? If it was somehow determined to be a quantifiable fact, I dont see much good coming from it. Very much the opposite, actually.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NotEveryModHasASoul

That happens when some of the much older members start to straw man you in some way and try to misrepresent your argument, while getting the moderators preferential treatment.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Determining if everyone has a soul or not is one piece to the puzzle to figuring out the truth about our reality.
If we understand that, we could understand many other things about our reality.

A soul has an existence such that it still exists after death. When a soul is born it still had a previous existence.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join