It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steak! Florence - Culture and Yummy goodness, on my bucket list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
What beats a great start to the weekend other than my favourite subjects; Traveling & Food

Enjoy the tour

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Count me in! Those requirements they listed for it to be Florintine steak sound perfect to me...but I still like me a good cracked peppercorn gravy.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I wonder what they charge for a wagyu cut steak florentine. Evidently a wagyu tenderlion runs $1200 to buy online in the states. Cant imagine its any cheaper in Italy.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

The Spanish porterhouse they were referring to briefly in the video is probably the most expensive cut they use.
The cows are old aged, well taken care of, and a rare breed of cow. A whole cow from that specific farm can go to auction for almost a quarter million, they are like the blue fin tuna of beef. A5 Kobe is like diamonds, a completely controlled market. Where as the spanish beef is just basically someone who has had generational time and genetic wealth on their side through the cows they breed.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

What beats a great start to the weekend other than my favourite subjects; Traveling & Food

Enjoy the tour

I made the mistake of ordering Steak Florentine on my first trip to Florence--not knowing what it was. I assumed that it would be a steak of typical, modest European proportions. I ordered it at about 9:00 PM, shortly before the kitchen was closing. The waiter asked me if I was sure I wanted it and I assured him I did. When they brought it out, I was astonished to see it was about the size of a chuck roast. It was about 2 inches thick and spilling over all sides of a standard dinner plate. Of course, I was dining alone. I think it was abut 10:30 PM when I finally waddled off into the darkness toward my hotel having eaten probably no more than about 1/4 of the steak. It was, of course, delicious, but big enough to feed a small village.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

mmm 50 ounce steak. Do you get your picture on the wall if you can finish it in an hour?
edit on 29-8-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-8-2019 by dubiousatworst because: embedded

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

classic, John Candy was taken too soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yep, that's how to do it up right!!!

Very cool! I'd eat there...I don't care how much it cost. That is steak done to perfection!

I usually only turn our steaks once, but I do rotate them 45 degrees halfway through each side. Hot fire (1,000 F) over natural wood coals.

And yes, RARE...is the only way!

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My younger son put me under pressure on fathers day this last sunday. I was cooking away when they rolled up and he gave me my present. A $46 kilo ribeye. And expected me to cook it straight away. So i got everything off the BBQ - warmed the meat up ( it was still cool from his fridge ) by running it under gentle warm water. Patted it, salted it, and wacked it on sealing the sides 1st. Flipped once only

They were watching wanting to learn....the correct way to cook a good cut. Flipped it at the right time, took it off when the suspected it was ready. Let it rest,, then cut it. It was the perfect purple. My eldest who "connoisseurs" fine burger and whiskey establishments exclaimed "WTF - it melts like butter Dad"

My proud moment!

edit on 3-9-2019 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spell

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'll be there next week, hitting Ristorante Perseus for that rare Chianina beef.

top topics

join