It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to states: School lunch changes none of your business

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lol... I would give my kids their lunch money every day before they left for school. So, imagine my surprise when I get a letter from the school saying that I owe the this outrageous sum of money because one of my kids had been charging every day. Mind you, i had three attending that school and no one thought it odd that I was choosing the same one to starve every day. Well it turns out that the class bully was convincing a few kids in the class to hand over their lunchmoney to him. I started sending checks to school after that.
I get what your saying, but, in both your example and mine, it was a problem best solved by the parents and those actually working with the kids, not the school board or city officials, wouldn't you say?
edit on 31-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes I would, but as I understand it we aren't talking about us parents that give a #, we are taking about the rest of them.

Another example is I coached soccer this season for my boys team, take a wild guess as to how many parents helped out or more to the point even showed any support or gratitude ?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Those are parents that are gonna just ride the tide, where ever it takes them. If they aren't showing up for their own kids soccer games, what chance is there that they are gonna show up at a school board meeting? They are a nuetral force, they're not gonna support you in your quest for decent lunches, but they aren't gonna oppose you either. No need to concern yourself with them. Find others are concerned about the same thing you are that aren't content to just ride the tide through life.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It goes much deeper than that, I know parents that are teachers themselves and they are the worst of them, they rail on the system whilst using it to excuse themselves of responsibility.

I only know this because I've seen it and I've lived it, I don't have answers I only have questions.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join