It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to states: School lunch changes none of your business

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why travel across country to stick your nose into a city"s decision to remove a statue?
When people get bored living their own life, they sometimes divert their energy to sticking their nose into the business of others.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

So why is yet another thread of a pro-left-winger which is full of lies still allowed in another forum that if it was the right making up such lies would have found itself in the hoax, or LOL forum?

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Or the fact that some democrat/liberal states have passed laws such as banning meat from school lunches in their attempts to FORCE children/people to become vegans?...

California School District Bans Processed Meat

The left once again hides their lies under the claim "POTUS wants to force unhealthy foods on children" when it is the left whom want to FORCE their views/OPINIONS on what is healthy or unhealthy food?...

Lawsuit aims to ban hot dogs, processed meats in L.A. schools

BTW, these districts/cities/states want to substitute all meats with "vegan diets" taking away the right of choosing what foods to eat. You want your child to go all vegan? okay, it should be a choice but so should be the choice of other parents and their children to eat meat products as well...

edit on 29-8-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

BTW, it is extremely ironic how you want to claim that anyone who disagrees with you on your false claims of "U.S. is running concentration camps" must be uneducated in English when the large majority of ILLEGALS don't speak English at all...

Not to mention the FACT that left-wingers like you are the ones who back/support regimes that really have to this day "concentration camps" such as Cuba which in every summer still sends all children by force to work in work camps throughout Cuba, and the children are kept in quarters which don't have AC, or fans and to this day many of the buildings the children are kept in have walls made of cloth. Not to mention that the children in Cuba go to bed still hungry. Cuban children would love to be in the AC buildings that illegals are kept in...

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It's all good bro, OP tucked tail and never looked back.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

They are talking about processed meats... real meat isnt being banned...

posted on Aug, 30 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

They are talking about processed meats... real meat isnt being banned...

LOL all meat is processed...Unless you kill the animals yourself and you do all the cleaning... Do you?... I doubt it...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The store I shop at has little signs in the juice aisle... also has them in the cheese section and cereal section... telling you that this item or that one can be bought with wic vouchers while other items cannot. Real juice can qualify, but there is some "juice" that cant, probably because while it does have some juice in it, it has too much added to it for wic to consider it juice.
If I were to make the same mistake you are with meat, I would say that WIC doesnt give out vouchers for juice, or cheese, or cereal...

Or, I hardly ever buy canned vegetables, I'll buy frozen, I'll buy fresh, but the only canned i will buy is maybe occasionally a couple of cans of kidney beans if I dont want to go through the hassle of using the dry. So, I guess I'm a meat and potatoes person, right?
Or am I just going for the better quality selections?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so if the states don't want the feds dirty money they don't have to take it

my kid packs his own lunch
win/win

You speak for all American children do you, oh no that's right only yours, and what is your argument. Oh right yes I get it you look after your own so that's how it should be ... Right

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
The school lunches have sucked for a very long time, so when my kids were in school I just packed them a lunch. I did complain to the school, and they told me that very few kids pay for their lunch, so they have to stretch it to feed a huge amount of kids. Not to mention all the undocumented kids who are also getting a free lunch.

What you described is what Maga is , this is making America great again. Does it give you a real sense of achievement ?

Only those who deserve it get it, the rest of us well they suck and weren't really one of us the chosen ones anyways..

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so if the states don't want the feds dirty money they don't have to take it

my kid packs his own lunch
win/win

We should extend lunch to an hour from 30 minutes. This will be called hunter gatherer time... The kids learn how to source their own food and burn some calories doing it. win/win/win.

Also, it's cheaper.

I like it , and this proves movies like the hunger Games do teach us something.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So this is a very literal example of people complaining about a free lunch.

Yep, I just found a 3 day old karagooo turd, that's today's lunch so wolf it down homeboy and don't complain...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If you dont like the minimum standard the govt set, then it's your job to do your best to get you state, or your local school district to set the standard higher for the area under their control..

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Regardless, we both know children that grow up with little nutrition and overloaded propoganda make great slaves, not just slaves but disposable heroes just described from song 5 from master of puppets.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

No it's not my job.

edit on 31-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

The store I shop at has little signs in the juice aisle... also has them in the cheese section and cereal section... telling you that this item or that one can be bought with wic vouchers while other items cannot. Real juice can qualify, but there is some "juice" that cant, probably because while it does have some juice in it, it has too much added to it for wic to consider it juice.
If I were to make the same mistake you are with meat, I would say that WIC doesnt give out vouchers for juice, or cheese, or cereal...

Or, I hardly ever buy canned vegetables, I'll buy frozen, I'll buy fresh, but the only canned i will buy is maybe occasionally a couple of cans of kidney beans if I dont want to go through the hassle of using the dry. So, I guess I'm a meat and potatoes person, right?
Or am I just going for the better quality selections?

The reality is the more preservatives and additives a food has the cheaper it is ..

Do you not find that odd ?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Blaine91555

So why is yet another thread of a pro-left-winger which is full of lies still allowed in another forum that if it was the right making up such lies would have found itself in the hoax, or LOL forum?

Your posts end up in the lol forum because you have no life experiences to draw from, that's why it's so confusing for you.

Get out more, make new friends ,travel out of your comfort zone and your questions will be answered .

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Ya it is.. while everyone whines about what the federal govt is or isnt doing, they seem to pay little attention to their local governments and school boards.
But, when it comes to which is gonna have the most effect on your quality of life, it's the local govts that have the most power.
If your child having good quality food for their school lunches is important to you and others in your community, then attend a few school board meetings, speak to your local aldermen or mayor. It might just mean they have to look for different suppliers, it might mean they have to cut some waste out of their budget, or it might mean the people have to pay a few extra cents in taxes, but if it's important to enough people in the community, they should be able to present a good justification to convince their community leaders that it's time and money well spent. Especially since you are talking to your neighbors, many of whom also have kids eating the same school lunches.
Unlike the crew in Washington who's kids are probably going to some private school that is serving steak and lobster twice a week or something.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I think I kinda get what your saying, let me elaborate on that.

You expect the schools to do more but they don't, even though they have the funding to do so. So here we are in a perpetual loop of stupid.

Before you go off at me for that let me elaborate.

My boy had a father's Day stall at school, I gave him 10 Bux to buy me a father's Day present, he bought chocolate, from the school , he ate it and gave my t he wrapper ... Public schools are awesome right

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

No, I find it odd that so many think that hot dogs and other processed meats being served in school lunches is such a great idea that they would complain if they are taken off the list of options, even lie about what is being done saying they are taking meat off the list of options forcing kids into a vegetarian lifestyle.
I'll admit that eating healthy is a tad bit more expensive than living on hot dogs and lunchmeat (not that theres any harm in an occasional hot dog or sub), but it seems that the extra cost is worth it if its reducing the intake of all the additives that are in the stuff. Some of which could be the cause of our kids bouncing off the walls. And, I highly doubt that reducing the quality of the food to save a few bucks is gonna save the taxpayer any money. They'll just see the extra money building up in their budgets and decide it must be time to give themselves a raise.. and, I am not including teachers in the "themselves".

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join