It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep coming back to them.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Vortex scopes.

I just bought a ruger precision rimfire a few days ago, figure I had something laying around to put on it(scope wise) but after digging around what I did have wasn't what I wanted to put on it.

So I decided to shuffle some stuff around. I'm pulling a Vortex Viper 4-16 off my 308 rig and putting it on the Ruger and decided to buy something better for the 308.

I spent hours shopping, compared a few brands in the price range I wanted to stay around and for the features I wanted. I have several vortex scopes(as well as other brands). I shopped Burris, Nikon, Leupold and Vortex. In the end, again, the vortex seemed to offer all that I wanted(albeit at about 100 bucks outside my budget). But thankfully, opticsplanet is always running some special. So after a few hours of buzzed online shopping(always the best way to shop). I picked up a Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP scope and a warne one piece 30mm MSR mount.

I'm usually not big on sticking to a brand, but I just have been real happy with the vast majority of what I've gotten from vortex and they seem to really hit a good price/quality/feature point.

Also, I could have sworn there was a weapons forum on ATS, but I looked and I must be imagining things.
edit on 24-8-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's there, it's called "Weaponry".

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
It's there, it's called "Weaponry".

Ahh yes, there it is, under the conspiracy section.

Guess I skimmed that pretty fast, didn't seem to fit in conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ive heard nothing but good about vortex scopes, and their warranty.

Seems like a good choice

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...
edit on 24-8-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
youtu.be...

**Spits into spittoon..***

You lost partner......

Are you looking for the music thread? It's one floor up.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

youtu.be...

You lost partner......

Point taken but it's a great song. I don't even know how many rounds I have fired in my military career, 10's of thousands probably to include 50 cal, saws, laws. Crazy part is I do not own a firearm. Hate guns to be honest but I love that people have the right. May end up getting one this year though. I like Ruger. Had a little 22 Ruger as a kid. Loved that little pistol.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

youtu.be...

You lost partner......

Point taken but it's a great song. I don't even know how many rounds I have fired in my military career, 10's of thousands probably to include 50 cal, saws, laws. Crazy part is I do not own a firearm. Hate guns to be honest but I love that people have the right. May end up getting one this year though. I like Ruger. Had a little 22 Ruger as a kid. Loved that little pistol.

I wish I could have had the american taxpayer pay for all the rounds I sent downrange.....

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I would totally support it. You can write off 50% of your ammo and arms for the defense of America. That would be an awesome thing. Hell, the Revolutionary war was privately funded. There was no government. Anyone with coin was standing up their own armies. I was in one of those units. It went back to Benjamin Franklin. He funded troops out of his own pocket.
edit on 25-8-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I've got a pair of Vortex nocs, and a Vortex rangefinder. The wife bought me the nocs and they're the best binoculars I've ever owned by far! I even like them better than my buddy's Ziess nocs. (a lot better).

I haven't invested in a Vortex scope yet, but I hear they're great. I've been having a really bad run with scopes lately. Last scope I bought I blew the reticle out after only about 4 shots...with a .223 no less (bull barrel on a bench Mauser action (Savage BVSS)). Before that I mounted a guy's Redfield on a Colt Sauer for him and could not for the life of me get it to zero. Couldn't even get it on paper. Was so bad I actually checked (twice) to make sure we weren't shooting blanks. Before that I blew out another reticle on a lighted reticle scope...again with a .223.

I've been wanting to get a Tikka or a Sako in .243 and I'll likely put a Vortex or Nightforce on it, but I'm afraid to with my scope woes. Also, I'm torn because I got the green light from the wife to get a color IR scope. So, I can buy the rifle and the scope, or just the IR scope (to mount on an existing rifle) because that will cost more than the .243 with a Nightforce combined (x2+). For some reason though I just can't drum up the courage to use my trembling finger to push the "Buy Now" button on a $10k scope! I can get the whole thing lined up, but I just can't "pull the trigger" so to speak.

**hundreds of coyotes breathe a sigh of relief!!**

Unfortunately, now I've got a different problem. Prairie dogs have taken up residence...and they have to GO! So, I have to shelf my IR scope for a time while I get something small and fast like a .17 HMR (all my other stuff is too big).

Maybe I should just get a Vortex scope and put it on the AR instead of the EOtech.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

BTW...I agree on the 'shopping while buzzed' thing!

Just last night I dropped a buck and a half on a new carbon fiber hard hat. It's nice, but 'twern't cheap! One saved my life once so I don't mind spending good money on quality stuff (especially safety gear). That, and boots.

top topics

join