It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anorexia a lifestyle choice or a life threatening mental disorder?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
People can be beautiful no matter what their weight is.

I have been attracted to girls that didn't even fit the media's view of beauty.

Troy

CT...................i'd say the MAJORITY of men in the world are the same way.........especially since these SUPER MODELS and MOVIE STARS make up a very very very tiny portion of the women in the world..........

WE.........US......NORMAL WOMEN............WE are the NORM........not the sickly skinny women that are flashed in front of us on a daily basis......attempting to set standards that NO ONE can meet...........unless you either starve yourself.............OR...............you have a personal trainer, personal chef, plastic surgeon, nutritionist, personal stylist, hair stylist, makeup artist and a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER all on staff.

and the pro photog's job is to air brush out ALL your imperfections!!! so the world doesn't see them............

When these twig women want to come face to face with ME or any of the rest of us............as a NORMAL person.........with no fancy clothes,hair,makeup or airbrushed photos...........THEN we can talk but i refuse to get sucked in to the mentality they are pushing!!

i like me for me..............

angie

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Connection and communication is so much more important than outward appearance. A person can miss out on knowing a lot of good people by having prejudices, that includes other races and other nationalities. At work I am around people from different parts of the world, damn nice people. I am by no means a perfect in this area, but I am working on it. If we were totally non-biased peoples, the world would be a much different place.

Troy

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was diagnosed as anorexic in high school. It was due to my BMI and weight, not anything to do with my self-body image or illnesses.

This is such a misunderstood issue, that it isn't even funny. I'm am 5' tall and weighed 73 lbs at high schoo graduation. I had no body fat, just muscle from being a tiny gymnast.

Now, at 35, I have a 7 year old son, I'm still 5' tall and weigh in around 86 lbs. Is this unhealthy? Not for my bone density and body frame. It's all a matter of the person's structure.

At this point in time, Yes, I do have some issues with feeling a bit overweight, but that's because I'm getting used to being older and a mom. I'll survive, and I will go on to help my family through the years. I do tend to eat every day or 3, but only when I'm hungry, and I'm quite a picky eater. I don't just devour whatever is in the cabinets with wreckless abandonment. I live with overweight people and their eating habits just discust me. I eat to live, not live to eat, maybe that's what the difference is.

Just an anorexic's side for you to think about.....

A_L

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic1

When I was 18 I weighed 90 pounds or about 40 kilos, and I am 5'6.And honestly I thought I have never looked better in my life.Anorexia doesn't happen overnight, it's very gradual.It took me a year before every one around me realized something was very wrong with me. My daily menu consisted of a piece of pastry,copious amounts of coffee and the odd apple.But one thing I can tell you is that you can will yourself to be skinny as a model and look at the glossy magazines all you want, but when hunger (true hunger ) kicks in you eat, but with anorexia there is a profound change in brain chemistry that will haunt you for a life time, a sort of negation of your natural survival instinct.I am 25 now, and I weigh 127 pounds but I visit the gym almost every day and I watch my diet meticulously, I don't now about others but it never goes away in some form.For me it was developing hips and breasts, I never wanted to grow up and I was disgusted with myself, my parents chose my college for me and I felt like the only good thing in my life was the sense of depriving myself, the feeling of hunger.What I will remember for the rest of my life, is that hunger hurts, I can't explain that sort of pain to anyone that has never been there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join