It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for the good/bad person app

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If I knew how to develop an app it would be one that takes every electronic bit of data (alexa, google, microsfoft, facebook, your ISP, what you have posted, what you do how good you are at your job how much you accomplish) distill that down to a safe/not person to interact with and no one would be exempt except perhaps the amish and there would still be a bit about them.

The information is available, why can't it be used for good? Eventually you can see at age 21 if a person is a (giver/taker), (good/evil),

Yes it is similar to an episode from Black mirror/The Orville/China's social credit system but we are on our way there anyhow why should the data miners be the only ones with it? You should be able to check up on yourself, the people you want to hire, the people you need to interact with.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

I was unaware alexa searches were public record.

However, I seem to have been made out of emotional asbestos. Most folks don't like me, nor I them. I hope I get "avoid". My life might improve substantially if more people kept their distance.

Do you need help with your app?
edit on 18/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And this is posted by someone named V for Vendetta?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sounds like the Chinese social credit score. Do you really want to live in a world like that, or worse, be responsible for the huge invasion of privacy such a system would entail? And just who decides what is "good" or "bad"? The Democrats? The police force? You?

TERRIBLE idea! But totalitarians will love it.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And who, or what, decides what is “good” and what is to be considered “bad”?

And why?

”...Some of them want to abuse you. Some of them want to be abused by you...”

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
If I knew how to develop an app it would be one that takes every electronic bit of data (alexa, google, microsfoft, facebook, your ISP, what you have posted, what you do how good you are at your job how much you accomplish) distill that down to a safe/not person to interact with and no one would be exempt except perhaps the amish and there would still be a bit about them.

The information is available, why can't it be used for good? Eventually you can see at age 21 if a person is a (giver/taker), (good/evil),

Yes it is similar to an episode from Black mirror/The Orville/China's social credit system but we are on our way there anyhow why should the data miners be the only ones with it? You should be able to check up on yourself, the people you want to hire, the people you need to interact with.

I am very glad that you don't know and so should you, as that would likely land you behind numerous lawsuits. There's a reason that Black Mirror episode was created and it's not to yearn for that... it's meant to scare us into not wanting that, not the opposite reaction.

Besides, you can already look up people and their past records. Those websites already pool all the data from all publicly available media. You just have to make up your mind whether a person is bad or not, businesses are not allowed to think for you and make that decision for you... yet.

edit on 18-8-2019 by Duderino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

There is something called mylife

The scary part is that you get rated based on your neighbors! So if your neighbor claimed bankruptcy, or
went to jail, your score gets lowered by just living near them....

hmmm can't see a problem with that.

BTW. that kind of information can never be used for good.

It is similar to credit scores. In theory if you pay your bills all they way that is a good thing, but in credit report world that can make your score lower. Person ratings would be flawed just like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity

A lot has probably happened since 2011... People change?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendetteaThis depends on the distances you want to see people from . Quite often , if you have a good look up close at people's face , read their expressions , get their stories from their eyes , spend some seconds perceiving for yourself what and who they are and developed into , you can get a reading for yourself , of their intentions , their likely behaviours , their moral codes , the peg that they put themselves at in various circumstances . When they'd put themselves second .

Anybody's inner being can't that well be hidden by themselves , their outer self is always reflecting that , it not a factor most people can escape , unless they play deadpan , or or consciously falsify and deceive through their looks and body language . In which case it shows up , if you're ready to look for it or you expect what to look for .

Some of the most sensitive 'apps' are your own judgement , a carefully placed finger can detect microns of detail , for example in the smoothness of a joint . The same runs for any tech , it's only there to replace ( or futher the distance in view) of your own existing judgement . Most cases , bar at distance or on mass scales , your own judgement is the most reliable anyway .

So , in which cases would anyone need such an app or measure of trust ? It's only mass data which might allow an catch all algorythm to be cast over everyone . I don't think I would trust the scores , other ratings , and primarily the algorythm itself is going to be flawed . It boils down to values - differing weightings to the relevance of such . Any mass data algorythm is going to be flawed and written into it may be unsavoury expectations of individuals , priorities and agendas we havent been informed of . So to trust an app , or even applied technology itself , to rate other people as human beings is 1 less reliable than your own estimations of people anyway (depending on skills or knowledge at estimations of course)
2 brings the danger of false measures , pre-weighted scales and even gross oversights .

Why wait for or need a prearranged net result on someone's character traits , when actually your own measuring systems you already use should be giving basic satisfactory results in the first place ? It would be nice to have an app that detected lies reliably however .

What 's basically being said is that When Johnny turns at the door with his axe , saying 'here's johnny ' , you already have a good idea what johnny's thinking now, just by the look on his face . Add his speaking tone his general demeanour , his rate of breath and how much he's sweating or having internal disturbances show on his face ,
then you already have a perfectly good readout of what johnny might do next in life .

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People change and sometimes they change drastically. This would lead to people being treated as felons even though they aren't. Factor in identity theft and it’s out right dangerous.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You should watch Black Mirror - Nosedive

It is the very thing you are waiting for.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Already exists. Commonly known as "pre-crime."

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh, look, where's my privacy gone? Privacy?! Where are you? Are you there?! Privacy, can you hear me?!

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There is something called mylife

The scary part is that you get rated based on your neighbors! So if your neighbor claimed bankruptcy, or
went to jail, your score gets lowered by just living near them....

hmmm can't see a problem with that.

BTW. that kind of information can never be used for good.

It is similar to credit scores. In theory if you pay your bills all they way that is a good thing, but in credit report world that can make your score lower. Person ratings would be flawed just like that.

I like Mylife, it has me at a way better score than I should have. Maybe I know someone who works there or something.
We ran it on many people we know, including some really well off people we know who are very honest and well connected. I guess I must be blessed or something, some millionaires are not even close to me on that site. I was kind of concerned that they only valued my paid off house at sixteen dollars though, It should be worth a couple hundred bucks even if the economy totally crashes.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You have to pay money for that site, including a recurring monthly charge to your credit card. Not such a hot deal.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfiniteTrinity

Ah yes... the ol' "Well Johnny did it first!" defense of totalitarianism. Of course, the standard parental reply was "If Johnny jumped off a cliff, would you do THAT too?" I NEVER answered that follow up in the affirmative.

So... digital totalitarianism is acceptable, because China is already doing it... or "We are going to protect you so hard it might be lethal!"

V for Vendetta, your last name isn't "Xi" is it? LOL

Yep, the moniker and the post are officially "Weapons Grade Irony".

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: VforVendettea

I am very glad that you don't know and so should you, as that would likely land you behind numerous lawsuits. There's a reason that Black Mirror episode was created and it's not to yearn for that... it's meant to scare us into not wanting that, not the opposite reaction.

Besides, you can already look up people and their past records. Those websites already pool all the data from all publicly available media. You just have to make up your mind whether a person is bad or not, businesses are not allowed to think for you and make that decision for you... yet.

Agreed.

The minute you let the government or a business determine the goodness of a person - and you rely on that interpretation as gospel - you have entirely thrown in the towel on just about all freedoms.

Good news - no chance in heck this will come to pass anytime soon (at least publicly). That app developer/owner would be sued from so many directions they might as well file for bankruptcy before they even get started.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It already exists in China.

The Communist Chinese government is bragging about its social credit system preventing 2.5 million “discredited entities” from purchasing plane tickets and 90,000 people from buying high speed train tickets in the month of July alone.

Here are things in China that lower ones score that affects whether or not a person has freedom of movement within the country, or forbids them from leaving the country:
– Bad driving.
– Smoking on trains.
– Buying too many video games.
– Buying too much junk food.
– Buying too much alcohol.
– Calling a friend who has a low credit score .
– Having a friend online who has a low credit score.
– Posting “fake news” online.
– Criticizing the government.
– Visiting unauthorized websites.
– Walking your dog without a leash.
– Letting your dog bark too much.
- Frivolous spending
- Praying in private homes with people not in your family
- Fasting for religious reasons

A low score in China affects what school your child is allowed to attend, your internet speed at home, your employment opportunities, what homes you can rent, and whether or not you are allowed to keep your dog. There is no due process to correct errors in the Chinese system.

You do know that if this comes to fruition where you live, it will apply equally to you! If this is really how you want to live your life, apply for immigration to mainland China. There you can live your dream life of having everyone around you scored for "goodness".

edit on 8/19/19 by The2Billies because: addition

edit on 8/19/19 by The2Billies because: found more items that lower social credit score

edit on 8/19/19 by The2Billies because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/19/19 by The2Billies because: addition

new topics

top topics

join