It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese flying wing pin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.thedrive.com...

Saw this pop up on my news feed. I wonder if the Chinese got a hold of the LRSB schematics and copied it? To me, it looks a lot like the Amarillo, TX aircraft that was spotted.

It looks like it has a canopy so it could be manned. Could this be the Xian H20?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

When you say Chinese wings, it makes you hungry.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Well Hillary did give them all the top secret info on her bathroom server, makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There are only so many ways to build a stealthy bomber. Flying wing designs are better against low frequency radars, so you almost have to have a tailless design.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The Chinese also have several flying wing UAVs. This may be for that. or something else. That they have a flying wing of some kind should NOT be a surprise. They are at least a decade ahead of the Russians in that regard.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The pin for those that are not clicking through:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Its as if the Milli Vanillied all of those planes..... wait?????

But also as Zaph said, physics also dictates function so while they have hacked their way into stealth platforms, they would have eventually arrived at a similar conclusion

Also:

1) Could be disinfo. How hard is it to make a pin?
2) We do it too. Look at the buzz when the Northrop exec had odd models on his desk?
3) Based on recent news about countries parking their ChiCom built drones, its one thing to copy/hack something, its another to build a viable airframe that does not just fly, but does so for a while

Looking at it I also wonder

Some initial incarnations/concepts of the LSRB esp NG has the smae cranked kite design

Wonder if this was dangled to get them to hack it and follow a different path wasting time and resources
edit on 8/9/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

If the aircraft the pin represents was a slightly larger than a J-20, then it would fit for a the JH-XX.

It also looks like many of the concepts put out for the NGAD. TBH, it looks a lot like what I might have expected to actually fly in the next few years if not for the USAF scaling back NGAD and then Congress gutting it again (budget is 1/6th of what was projected last year).

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well October is the 70th Anniversary of the PLAAF, so maybe we'll find out soon enough.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we saw the Chinese espionage-enabled copy of the Amarillo bird before we ever even came close to getting any clue as to what Amarillo actually was?

edit on 9-8-2019 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
When BoP meets companion

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
If size is anything relative, they are selling themselves short with the design that small.

Just a pin though, nothing to get worked up over.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

It's probably that size because that's how big the still-classified Lockheed or Northrop demonstrator that it was copied off of was. It's the same reason why on the J-20, everything forward of the wing root save for the canards is more or less a direct copy of the F-22.

edit on 10-8-2019 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't read much into scale. There's a practical size limit to tie tacks.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

If that's a cockpit I am seeing in the front, then it should provide enough reference for scale. And if so, definitely doesn't appear to be a strategic bomber with long legs...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

of course not, they wouldnt be able to build a twin engined bomber at this time

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

That is probably what will happen haha

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It would be hilarious. I had my suspicions that the rumored JH-XX would more than likely be based on one our more active projects since the engineering data would be there to help build an operational bird.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

if China ummmm ... found.... NG's entry for the B-21 i think they would get a better aircraft. hell the cash issue would be nothing to china they seem really ready to drop MASSIVE cash into their military

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

of course not, they wouldnt be able to build a twin engined bomber at this time

H-6 is twin-engine and has enough reach to make people nervous.And that is using engines that are pretty well a poor-fit mission and performance wise.

Another twin with 1000 mi+ combat radius which is LO would be a get for them. Wouldn't be a true strategic bomber, but if it's LO, has legs, and can loft at least a couple long-range ASM/cruise missiles, it'd be a problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join