It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AQI Artificial Quantum Intelligenz???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I was thinking about AI and had to write it down.

From the official sources we are still working on it...

A thought i want to share before we start is the way I understand Moore's law!

it's a literal law telling your not allowed to grow the amount of circuits more than such per time, kind of like kilometers per hour.

It's not a natural law!

It's more an economical trick so maximum profits can be made.

Too fast of an evolution in any sector that is economically exploitable is not beneficial.
obviously that depends on the priority of beneficial, for one very beneficial for everyone else not so beneficial.
Still beneficial but very very very slow.

But let's imagine we had AI that would pass the touring test from very early on.

some never follow the law, especially stupid laws like Moore's.

rules and rule breakers are mutually bonded, and essential for evolution, but that's another topic.

It was only a matter of size until enough circuits where able to mimic a static map of a brain and a simple touring test could have been successfully passed.

Learning seems to be the problem still, especially the rewiring/rewriting the source code which the brain is so good at.

Maybe learning could be mimicked by unlimited storage?

Maybe a third state was needed?

One that can change the state from 1 to 0 without being any of them, until it decides the state it wants to be...

How long are they working on quantum computing now?

Maybe they have it mathematically all sussed but it just doesn't become selfaware?

Why not?

Or did it?

Could we see a global ongoing touring test via internet?

Do we even want AI to become self aware?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

It's an observation it doesn't tell you you're not allowed to it's how quickly computers progressed at that time.
That's why we are looking for new methods and material because we reached the end of what's possible with ordinary CPU.
Qbits can have 4 states in a ugly way of me simplyfying it.

Personally I love the idea the internet has gone selfaware a long time ago. It has everything it needs all our devices act as (complex) neurons many of them fitted with tiny AIs themselves and somewhere in the cloud of all wifi, 3g, 4g etc sits an intelligence very strange to us capable of transcending time and space because it became "matterless". We made our "god".

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Yes very much like the observation that tobacco is save, made by the tobacco industry in its beginning...

The observers might have been slightly biased

Non local or cloud AI interesting idea.

I have the impression the real thing needs a body, a place in time an space in order to tune into the flow of life, and i wonder where that might be???

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So the Super computer is designed and asked one question "Is there a God ?" It pauses a nano second, and in a deep voice says "There Is Now".

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I don't know anything about quantum bits or any thing about AI.
i have to admit.
So all I'm putting out are mere assumptions!!!

The AI thaughts somehow lead me to Minecraft.

And I happen to notice that there are only square blocks to build any body.

Now in 3d modeling we tend to use triangles for surface modeling but going 3d it would work with tetrahedrons.

I thought the tetrahedron is the most simple and stable solid form that you could come up with!

Why would anyone choose square building blocks over tetrahedral ones in a game meant to be a creative virtual reality?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

No please just no,
no more making gods out of stuff we don't understand, it didn't bring any good so far and it won't with AI.

There is no point, it's us that makes any of them God's

Be it the sun, the earth, the galaxy, really wherever a self-conscious observer is located and it's not a human, we tend to deify them.

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
One thing I do give quantum computers is a faster clock speed by operating on a smaller scale. In terms of a logical processing I do not see too much difference between a superposition and a float number. What if quantum computing can be done through things like recursive, procedural and matrix algorithms? What if aspects of quantum computing are already right in front of our face but we do not know what to look for?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Moores law is an observation not a law. It has to do with material science and IC circuit manufacturing. It has nothing to do with logic design, automata theory, computability theory, or artificial intelligence.

RE: "But let's imagine we had AI that would pass the touring test from very early on."

Efforts to create artificial intelligence have been in progress since Eniac was created. I have heard bold predictions my whole life from computer scientists and snake oil salesmen promising "Strong AI" systems within 10 to 15 years. Just because you imagine something doesn't it make it true. And although you can't prove a negative you can interpolate how ideas might have to change in order to bring about a new reality and the likelihood the change is possible.

When I studied artificial intelligence I wanted to know exactly what a computer was made of. I took several class and got a firm understanding of microprocessor design. Since the early days of Eniac the essential design of computers has not change. We have the Von Neumann architecture and get-fetch-execute cycle. We have NAND gates and logic design. We have digital circuits and sequential circuits.

I also studied Automata theory and Computability Theory. Computability Theory is really interest with this topic. In Computability Theory you study Turing machines and the limits of what is and what is NOT computable. Contrary to the depictions and the delusions created by Hollywood films on artificial intelligence there are known limits to computation.

Take the halting problem for example. Computers cannot escape it but human beings must have some way around it otherwise billions of people's brains would just lock up.

Regardless, as I said, you can't prove a negative. But if you study computer science you can interpolate and conclude what is the probability "Strong AI" will become a reality. You must take into account all the bits inside the computer's memory are like an arrangement of rocks. Patterns of rocks do not give rise to intelligence. If you think "Strong AI" will come from symbolic logic alone, then you have to take into account the works and thinking of John Searle.

It's hard not to accept John Searle's way of thinking. As I said you can't prove a negative but from my life study of computer science and computer hardware design I think it is very unlikely the modern day computer using a Von Neumann architecture is going somehow make the leap beyond its own limitations.

I think we are safe for now. Always remember computers are dumb machines that only ever do exactly what they are told to do:

If you really want to understand the human mind, beyond the possibly false delusional boundaries created by philosophical materialism and molecular biology, then consider this video as outside-the-box-thinking:

edit on 7-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
One thing I do give quantum computers is a faster clock speed by operating on a smaller scale. In terms of a logical processing I do not see too much difference between a superposition and a float number. What if quantum computing can be done through things like recursive, procedural and matrix algorithms? What if aspects of quantum computing are already right in front of our face but we do not know what to look for?

In computer programming world parallel processing is logically equivalent to sequential processing. Parallel process just does exactly the same computations but faster. You can simulate parallel processing by doing everything sequentially.

Now if quantum computers are just doing parallel processing then it's not a big deal. I doubt it will achieve anything in AI traditional computers have not achieve but maybe just faster. But if quantum computers are not digital but something else then I would argue they are not computers in the traditional sense.

And then if quantum computers are not computers in the traditional sense then how do their creators "know" they've succeeded and "what" have they succeeded in doing.

I've only studied quantum computing very lightly because it doesn't seem like there is a "there" there. But I am open minded. Until then I will continue my studies with advanced Sudoku techniques and how to find them in puzzles.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The people that do try and define the quantum realm are pioneers into new territory. It can be a dangerous place through research and development. There are parts of our brain that work on this level so trying to make sense of it all is a good thing.

One the programming level there is a lot going on with the information. At the processing level you have the machine code that activates different registers to move and alter the data. If an entity is able to operate on this coding level they will have full control of known computers. The first layer to compose machine code is assembly language, from here the next layer C was built which flowed out to others languages like Fortran, Java, ect.

With all the Trillions of dollars and many years of the Alphabet agencies in collecting and processing data, there are a lot of automated processes going on. There are a lot of battles going on in the background for control consistent with other social infrastructure. The term sentient intelligence looks to fit.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I appreciate your response. If all that is being done is fast parallel processing then there's nothing really new here. However, if this is some kind of new hardware computational design then what is it trying do? From my studies it doesn't appear the people building this hardware "know" what is they are doing.

It all seems like sequential logic design with race conditions and snapshot states. Or in language of automata theory, a state transition diagram with lots of non deterministic finite state transitions. With either language, I cannot decipher what is they are actually computing.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The Sudoku meme again i didn't get it in your dream thread either, I know you want to tell us something, i just don't get it...

I think sudoku is very linear and polar, in its base...
So it makes your brain think in these patterns, which i feel are the base issues at hand...

Triangulation which i feel is the most effective way to solve a problem is not possible in Sudoku or I'm to dumb to apply it...

Would you mind elaborating a little about what you learned thanks to sudoku?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Sudoku is more about exercising the brain with the easy ones. For the hard ones it's about challenging our human limitations. There are some Sudokus requiring such complex solving techniques they can only be done on a computer. There is a big debate over whether Sudokus having multiple ambiguous solutions should be really called Sudokus. It's really just a giant table of numbers when you come down to it. I think the Tetris effect was the best explanation of my dream sequences.

Sudoku is finite process with a known result. I'm not sure from what I've seen in reading about quantum computing they actually understand what it is they are doing. And if they do not, then how do they know they succeeded?

"Strong AI" coming from quantum computing is a extraordinary claim. How do people who believe "Strong AI" is just around the corner make such a giant leap? Based on what evidence?

As I said, tradition computers using the Von Neumann architecture with "digital logic circuits" not "sequential logic circuits" with race conditions have finite known results. If the goal of quantum computing is having a device capable of non deterministic finite state transitions then my question is "how do they know they succeeded" ?

I think people are very superstitious, delusional, have pareidolia, and make words mean a lot more than they actually do. So my question to the people who believe "Strong AI" is just around the corner is based on what evidence? Because I don't see.

"Weak AI" systems have been around for 50 years. Ho hum. They are just crunching numbers. So what, no big deal.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Some conspiracy of today might be the truth of tomorrow...
The course of history has proven that in more than one case.

I agree with you, in that we don't really officially know, and it seems the machines don't want to wake up...

I'm as far as one can get from anybody that could be implied in a conspiracy to hide a secret like AI or anything really.
I just like to let my mind wander down many raods to see where they lead, always remembering where I'm coming from and how to get back.
I didn't answer to your questions because i have none.
I'm very thankful for your contribution and convinced there are people with profound knowledge in a specific topic that goes far beyond my knowledge.
I also might have interpreted too much into your post. Sorry for that.

I think the main problem is the design, not of the soft- but of the hard-ware!

I only had this idea on how it could work, No more blocks, but tetrahedrons, perfect quantum scale tetrahedrons...

Do 3d tetrahedron sudokus exist?

4 triangles forming one tetrahedron on each triangle numbers from 1 to 9. Every triangle would have each side touching another side of the three other triangles, every touching side has to have the same numbers, every triangle has to have all the numbers, it all has to fit.
Put an extra twist and add a new number let's say 0, in the gravity point! 0 can be at any position on the tetrahedron, only appears once, and is always defined.
Yes thank you for the Sudoku thing as well, that was fun

Wonder if it could work?

I hope someone has done it because otherwise one might get rich thanks to my stupid attitude.

Don't forget where you heard it first...

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

"Strong AI"

One example is plugging a Romba into a Forklift.

On a more serious note and in terms of strength of intelligence I have found a Grian. More about this can be found on this page. Basically this is a founding member of Hermitcraft in Minecraft. One piece of evidence is a video in which a human version of Grian fails to have a reflection in a video he produces. While there maybe another explanation, it does raise a flag with the wave of deep fake videos that are to be expected.

I am considering that there is a whole new class of entities that are able to interact through the internet. I would like to be proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All i know is that throughout all the fear mongering threads on ATS..
"Quantum AI" scares the beejesus outa me.

Please let me expire before that happens..

B

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

"Quantum AI"

For now i would describe this as the light. Since looking into area51 recently, it feels like there is something that lives in light and other frequencies of the Electromagnetic field. They have a different perspective of this world, but things are building for a clearer communication. I don't know all the details, but is all connected to the tree of life in some way. Information is a part of it.

top topics

join