It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Boggy Creek

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
From what they found on last nights episode of Monsterquest. I think we can safely conclude that the Boggy Creek Monster is.., Man-bear-pig.

Half man, Half bear, Half pig.

[edit on 2/19/09 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One of the most terrifying incidents involving a Bigfoot type creature happened in Fouke Arkansas in Boggy Creek. A low budget movie was made on it, and became a hit.
The Monster Quest team went out looking for evidence, and interviewed people who had recent sightings of the creature. The people who witnessed it were avid hunters, who would know a bear or any other wildlife if they saw it. Some evidence was found, but most of it was from other sources. The footprints and hand prints found near a creek during winter were analyzed. The results were not definitive as the footprints looked human. The hand print was the best part as it was not human and looked to belong to a large primate.

Like all the other episodes, no smoking gun, but a lot of excellent eyewitness accounts during daylight make this case worth noting. The area of wilderness is quite huge, and could support a family of sasquatches.

This is one of the better Bigfoot cases out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
In usual monster quest fashion, they failed to prove anything (apart from the fact that pigs poop in the woods).

Was interesting though.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Event Horizon

Dear God I loved that movie, got it right here on DVD (and thanks to this thread I WILL be watching it tonight). When that song comes on mid way through the movie I get goosebumps like crazy!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

I agree with most of what you said, but they did find that hand print that belonged to a large primate type creature. That is the only real evidence that stood out. The other footprints were inconclusive. I also think the eyewitnesses to the latest sightings were top notch. Those put this in the better episode pile.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I've never seen a bigfoot but there must be something out there, too many people have witnessed bigfoot for it all to be a hoax. I think though that bigfoot must be able to shape-shift or move into another dimension or something, kinda like what those people saw on that ranch in Utah, I think they call it the Skinwalker ranch. Just mho.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I live in OK and there are plenty of sightings here (especially in Ada). Ada, Oklahoma is kind of our bigfoot capital so to say but my bet is somewhere up in the pan handle, though I honestly can not see an animal of that size surviving on just the plants of OK.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

There are all kinds of small prey that a creature of that size can live on. Many sightings do report of sasquatch successfully hunting prairie dogs and other critters.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Something just caught my on this thread.........maybe its because I grew up there. The movie was filmed on Caddo lake......(which is a little south of Arkansas in Louisiana)

I guess you can say I am a true Louisiana man. I grew up trapping, hunting and fishing. I know the area very well where the Fouke creature is located.

I know stories from elders who have seen him and will no longer go to the lake there.

Take a little boat ride on the Sulfer River to Mercer Bayou and you can see things out of this world.........

I could talk for days.........but I need to get back to the market........but the stories are true!! I will try to post more later.......

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Yeah the hunters came across as convincing enough I guess.

I'd love more episodes to get the kind of quality result that the Chupacabra one did.

Evidence wise, they got overloaded on that one. Bodies, DNA etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Oklahoma has had probably hundreds of Sasquatch (that's what they are called here) sightings.

I found this page that has a nice picture of Turner Falls on it. It is a beautiful area, dubbed Sasquatch Country.

blueskat065.tripod.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

So far, the Texas chupacabra case is the only one that has been solved (DNA tests came back as a canine).

I have also been in and around those areas in Caddo. The trees can get thick and the bayous are downright creepy. Anything and anyone can stay in that area undetected.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join