It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran seizes another tanker in the Gulf 4 August 2019

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

You havent heard? If we do nothing...then we hatd the world and are racist. And if we DO help...we are war mongering racists.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Any word yet on which country the tanker was from?

Iraq.

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iranian Revolutionary Guards seized an Iraqi oil tanker in the Gulf which they said was smuggling fuel and detained seven crewmen, Iran’s state media reported on Sunday

Reuters news link

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Now reports a Iranian fighter jet has crashed in the gulf.

Crashed or downed?
www.reuters.com...

Iran said on Sunday that one of its fighter jets had crashed in the southern province of Bushehr because of technical problem, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported, adding that two people onboard the jet were safe.

F-4 Phantom.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: TheGreazel
IF it would only be that simple , the world needs the the Strait of Hormuz , 25 % of our consumed oil passes through that area and 1 third of our liquified natural gas.

Dealing with Iran in the Strait is good practice if/when China decides to take over shipping routes through the South China Sea. Iran is just a nuisance and not worth going to war over. China on the other hand...

Ow yeah damm right , and with the growth going on in China, i wonder what they will do in the future.

I maybe sound paranoia but at some point they have such military power that they easily could start assimilating the surrounding territories.

They are already working their way into a bunch of african nations , Building infrastructure as a trade off for natural resources.

Since i play a lot of strategy based games , their tactic reminds me a lot of a tactic used called Turtling :

Turtling refers to a player who wait for the late game to make any attacks, playing defensively early on with lots of defensive structures, while focusing on economic growth. It is an incredibly fun strategy to use, as at the end of a game, a player might have an enormous base, capable of quickly creating a massive, powerful, and advanced army.

Link for source reference : venturebeat.com...

At some point Natural resources will run dry , i think non of the superpowers on the planet will just sit back and watch their nation being torn apart.
edit on 5-8-2019 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join