It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran seizes another tanker in the Gulf 4 August 2019

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Iran has seized another foreign tanker in the Gulf, Iranian state media say.

A Revolutionary Guard Corps commander was quoted as saying its naval forces had "seized a foreign tanker in the Persian Gulf that was smuggling fuel for some Arab countries".

It said the tanker was carrying 700,000l of fuel, adding that seven sailors had been detained.

www.bbc.com...

still searching for some more details..

Clearly, they arent scared to go face to face with the US and their belligerence.

Every time I see Iran making moves on the International stage I think of John Kerry being caught/photographed meeting with them...

edit on 4/8/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Now reports a Iranian fighter jet has crashed in the gulf.

Crashed or downed?
www.reuters.com...

Iran said on Sunday that one of its fighter jets had crashed in the southern province of Bushehr because of technical problem, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported, adding that two people onboard the jet were safe.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
What we need is a line for them not to cross...and maybe a planeload of money.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Unprovoked or did the British take another Iranian tanker?

Obviously, the only response from the US will be all out war! War is the only answer!

edit on 4-8-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The Brits are sending a frigate over so it will all be over soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Iran are clearly better pirates than the UK

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ugh, Iron Overhead, ships...call your local Military for more info.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Obviously, the only response from the US will be all out war! War is the only answer!

Yup, just like when Trump ordered a response strike to Iran only to ca it off because of IRANIAN casualties.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
We could always, I dunno, let the ME figure their own ish out instead of putting our noses where they don't belong.
Between SA and Iran, I'd MUCH rather see SA fall, and us work toward a better relationship with Iran. The bully country that keeps giving the world Wahhabism doesn't deserve to be so high up in the ME pecking order. Letting Iran and SA tango it out themselves would be doing the entire damn world a very big favor.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
We could always, I dunno, let the ME figure their own ish out instead of putting our noses where they don't belong.
Between SA and Iran, I'd MUCH rather see SA fall, and us work toward a better relationship with Iran. The bully country that keeps giving the world Wahhabism doesn't deserve to be so high up in the ME pecking order. Letting Iran and SA tango it out themselves would be doing the entire damn world a very big favor.

Did you read ?
Do you understand ?
Iran is capturing tankers that dont belong to them ?
(I put it as simplistic as I could)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Its all about oil and money. Its like a game of chess but just moving the pawns at the moment.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

that would be nice but with how important oil is to much of the world, what they do has a big impact on many other nations so someone has to keep the oil flowing or global economic disaster could happen. the ME can't just be left alone.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

More Iran shilling. Will you come back and apologize when the US doesn't go to war with them in response to this? Because that's not happening and you know it. Can't you just post honestly? I don't see what's so hard about that.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: Nyiah

that would be nice but with how important oil is to much of the world, what they do has a big impact on many other nations so someone has to keep the oil flowing or global economic disaster could happen. the ME can't just be left alone.

ding ding. And it's not all about money. Oil is a strategic resource. Without oil, much of the world would grind to a hault economically and militarily. Like it or not, the world runs on oil. In some future utopia that doesn't exist, we could ignore the Middle East, but in the real world it's simply not feasible.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

that damn war monger Trump.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

that damn war monger Trump.

No facts needed here. Some people are trying to hate the US cause it's trendy. #ing hipsters.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... And a hardy good morning to all our Forum Rhode scholars

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Technically it has been a bloodless exchange/tactic swiping boatloads of oil.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Did you read ?
Do you understand ?
Iran is capturing tankers that dont belong to them ?
(I put it as simplistic as I could)

I read just fine. What part of "keep our noses out of it" -- as in stay out of the region -- did you miss?

Other countries aside, I'm focusing on the US. There are plenty of other purchasing options in other countries, as well as untapped drilling areas we could take advantage of. Actually, we could straight up use OUR OWN EXISTING OIL OUTPUT, instead of exporting it. Yeah, real eye-opener that tidbit is -- we export quite a bit when we could be much more self-sufficient keeping it stateside for domestic sale. The data I looked at was either '17's or '18's, but we're in the neighborhood of consuming around 7 million barrels a day, while producing 8-9 million barrels a day. I know we're on track to jump that into the teens for daily production. Like we really need to buy Middle Eastern oil in as huge quantities as we do, come on.

Buying from elsewhere/drilling new wells would probably still happen, but we'd be much less reliant on other places, and the ME would either shape up in the face of losing such a lovely, dependable buyer, or wipe themselves out in the aftermath of us walking. That's the POINT of leaving them to fight their own fights instead of playing mediator. It would make them pick either Better Route of Existing A, or Glass Parking Lot B.

Now granted, the US isn't the be all, end all to someone's economy, there's always someone else to take our place. But they have to get up to snuff to replace our purchases first. That takes a while. The ME would be hurting for it for a while.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

Second edit: Actually, I may have remembered incorrectly, that may have been billions of barrels consumed annually rather than daily by the US. I need to go do some current data digging on that, but I'm still pretty confident we could axe the ME entirely, and do just fine buying from elsewhere and increasing domestic output a bit AND keeping our crude entirely stateside instead of exporting it.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Actually, we could straight up use OUR OWN EXISTING OIL OUTPUT, instead of exporting it. Yeah, real eye-opener that tidbit is -- we export quite a bit when we could be much more self-sufficient keeping it stateside for domestic sale.

Spot on. I never understood why the oil coming out of the ground in the US leaves our shores. This is why I've always been against the Keystone pipeline. It only exists so we can drain oil out of the ground and pour it into ships in New Orleans. The argument was "building the pipeline will create jobs". Well, build refineries and put them to use and you have jobs for many decades to come.

If I were president, I'd make a mandate out of it. Declare that this country will be independent of foreign oil before 2030. Let the Middle East do what they do it without us having to get involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join