It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These mountains in Iran will make you think you're on Mars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
These mountains in Iran will make you think you're on Mars

Situated in Iran, the Martian (Merrikhi) Mountains are one of the country's most well-known touristic attractions.

...For those waiting for a space program to visit Mars, there's something you can do in the meantime that will make you think you're inside Matt Damon's "The Martian."

Situated in Iran, the Martian (Merrikhi) Mountains are one of the country's most well-known touristic attractions. They are located 50 kilometers from Chabahar, Sistan and Baluchestan.

The mountains weren't always as visible as they are today. In fact, they were buried under piles of soil...

Interesting read. It's too bad that Iran is on not-so-good terms with some of our nations; the (Persian) region has a very rich history and great (potential) tourist attractions...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Unfortunately, Iran is doomed. War is the only answer. With US foreign policy everything is a nail.

There is literally no thread you couldn't use to bash America. Your constant self loathing is pitiful.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

NASA: *Heavy Breathing*

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yeah I bet the billions we send all around the world in foreign aid feels like an evil hammer to those people.

Maybe move out of New Jersey, I’d hate myself and everything around me if I lived in a place like that too.

On topic:
There are many beautiful places that sit in the middle of very hostile places, sadly pictures like this is the closest most of us will ever get.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wow those are pretty cool! They do look other worldly and would make great scenery for a sci-fi flick. Apparently Iran has some magnificent Architect for tourism as well. Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Unfortunately, Iran is doomed. War is the only answer. With US foreign policy everything is a nail.

Unless we get Trump for another 4 years. he doesn't seem to want war with anyone.

I like Trump, I think he's great.

I do support diplomatic solutions and think Trump has done good with North Korea so far. Better than any other presidents.

I disagree with most of his policies on everything else though. His approach to the immigration crisis is poorly thought out, because we are avoiding the roots of the problem (the Drug War is the main cause and so we need to end that war in order to regulate these substances and thus defeat the Cartels overnight, removing the major cause of immigration from central and south America).

About the "mountains in Iran" - they aren't even close to Mars, whoever thought this up is silly. There are bushes and vegetation all over those pictures. If they were hailed as Mars pics people would be like "OMG bushes on Mars!". It's ridiculous. The creator of this article is absurd.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Looks kind of like the badland areas in Calif and New Mexico,the result of last catyclism that struck earth about 280 yrs ago,could be result of a solar burst or a tidal wave

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

This topic of this thread is "These mountains in Iran will make you think you're on Mars...", NOT politics! This is also not the Mud Pit. Please post on topic.

Thank you
edit on Tue Jul 30 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed tags

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Looks kind of like the badland areas in Calif and New Mexico,the result of last catyclism that struck earth about 280 yrs ago,could be result of a solar burst or a tidal wave

Good point. Slight similarities indeed.

join