It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joey Chestnut To Eat Chicken Wings 12 Hours Straight At Hooters!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

If you had to choose.... Duffs or anchor bar?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Opened this to write something about how vapid and inane the news cycle has become in the US. To lament that some person I've never heard of eating unhealthy amounts of unhealthy food in an establishment that stopped being interesting about 25 years ago...

...Only to find that this idiocy is happening a couple of miles from my home.

Now I'm going to go stand at the closest large intersection to my house and scream "What is wrong with you all?" at passing cars.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Those chicken wings do look good. And at Hooters to boot. Now why would anyone want to go to Hooters and make a pig out of themselves. Trying to impress the women working there?

I do like chicken wings, I could eat maybe fifteen of them at mealtime if I wanted to stuff myself. Maybe once every six months would be fine.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sounds like a bad idea. Like some kind of fecal impaction in the making.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
No offense intended to the OP, but these types of glutinous displays are shameful at best. If anything its a profound display of a lack of respect for life of all kinds. Its ridiculous in the light of millions who go without food each day.

You could send them a lifetime supply of condoms and they'd probably just use them as balloons for their kids birthday parties.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Definitely Anchor bar. Duff's wings are not bad, but they are often over cooked. Hooter's wings should be banned.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha

Definitely Anchor bar. Duff's wings are not bad, but they are often over cooked. Hooter's wings should be banned.

Duffs double fries.... When I got them they were sublime. They also add (I think) a splash of vinegar to the sauce.

I like duffs, but I know it's a heated debate.... Pun intended.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Duff's does have good food, but a couple of times when I got wings there they were overcooked and dry. There are a couple of other places around WNY that have great wings. There is a place by Riverside park that has some awesome wings. I can't remember the name of that place.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

Ever hit fric and fracs when it was in Rome? They had some interesting food.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Can't say that I did. I don't get down that way much.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Our local wing joint makes their sauces by hand. They have a sauce called voodoo. I don't know what all they put in it, but it makes my eyelids sweat, my nose run, and it punishes me for a full 30 minutes or more after I'm done eating. My husband doesn't even really like having it in the car with him for the fumes alone.

It's just smoky blazing goodness straight from the pits of hell. I can't comprehend having to pound that stuff for 10 hours straight.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
No offense intended to the OP, but these types of glutinous displays are shameful at best. If anything its a profound display of a lack of respect for life of all kinds. Its ridiculous in the light of millions who go without food each day.

Humans can be so foolish. I dont know who is worse, the idiot eating 1000 wings, or the people that find it entertaining.

Totally agree. People go hungry. Animals get tortured in bad farming conditions. Yet, we rather watch a man glorify all the bad parts of humanity..

(Not directed at OP) This is truely shameful. No respect for life.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yea.. The dude is #ing up his body and going through pain. For what? No respect or honor in this...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not gonna piss for 18 hours straight.
Tickets to watch me piss after are $45. Better get in quick.

I dislike humans so much at times.. vapid.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The trick with wings is you have to fry them first. If you load them up with sauce before this, all you'll get is a bunch of spattering wings. You coat them with corn stach (dry) and fry them. Then as they get done you coat them with the sauce you want.

Miss this step, and you don't have true "Buffalo Wings"!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Anchors bar didn't last long in Rochester and we have a Duff's here that's still open, but I think Rochester has better wing joints. If you're ever in Rochester, try Jeremiah's Tavern, or if you like a hot or mild sweet and sour sauce, over HUGE wings...Country Sweet Chicken & Ribs.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonegurkha

Duffs double fries.... When I got them they were sublime. They also add (I think) a splash of vinegar to the sauce.

I like duffs, but I know it's a heated debate.... Pun intended.

That place by Riverside park is the Dalmatia Hotel on Tonawanda street. Mondays and Thursdays are special wing night. The wings here are awesome. Many sauce selections and always cooked just right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join