It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid grasshoppers everywhere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   
So I don’t know if anyone has seen the news about the invasion of the grasshoppers in Vegas or not. Well let get ya up to speed. They are freaking everywhere man. It sucks and I don’t even live in Vegas. I live in Henderson at a higher elevation and have a very pretty sight of a sea of lights from my backyard which normally I like to take a cigarette break and gaze at. But NO not as of late. Even when I let my dog out hundreds just start flying around and at least 4-5 fly in through the door every time. In the morning when I walk to my driveway to go to work hundreds swarm and a few always get in the car the few seconds I have the door open. Hell yesterday my neighbor and I drank a beer sitting in our lawn chairs in the street watching neighbors run from their car into their house. It was actually pretty funny, they acted as if they were bees or something.
Right now as I make this thread I am in my garage with the door maybe two feet up and these little fecks are just flying in here. I mean these guys are everywhere man. But at least they will be gone in about a week and then I can finally sit outside and do my nightly thing.
I don’t really mind when they get in the house as it gives my cats something to do. But when they get in the car and I am driving and they are just flying and hopping around it can be a distraction which is dangerous. Generally I pull of right before I hit the main road and do my best to catch them and throw them out. Funny thing is that every time I pull off there is someone else doing the same thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Is your locust plague of biblical proportion? 'Cause we have people here who can explain why this might be...lol

Seriously though, haven't seen a decent grasshopper in years where I am. Mosquitos and yellowjackets are driving me crazy at the moment.

Good luck!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Holly..... that is biblical!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Catch them, dehydrate them, sell them to some bug eating hippies and profit !

Or if you're so inclined, blend them into a big wad of protein paste to get you through the coming famine.

Always a silver lining!!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Those damn hippies will eat anything if it says organic.
Thanks for the tip as this could garnish me some cash.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

Aren't you supposed to roast them?

Dehydrating them sounds, well...GACK!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I read about this the other day. Glad it's not here!

Any word on what it's doing to aviation? Probably not a big issue for a turbofan engine, but I would think it would be a pretty big problem for piston engines. Not to mention the windscreen issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

lmao brilliant rant! It was flying ant day middle of last week here, horrible little bastards 😂

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The grasshopper invasion is real

I unloaded about 2 years worth of bug spray on my doorstep last night

Today I walked out to literally an inch of dead bugs...I should have taken pics, because this shlt is unreal.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Chocolate coated grasshoppers.

That is what the market needs!

If they sell, you could even breed the little buggers.

P

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Today we hit 113 and dry temps, most of those buggers died off, yesterday though...oh man

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The birds and fish must be very happy.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I've noticed here in northern Indiana that there are lots of grasshoppers this year.
So many that it caught my attention.
I can't walk across the yard with scaring up several.

The weather must be just right.
20 years ago I lived on a lake and we had a huge may fly invasion for a couple days.
Fish and birds were happy that year.
Haven't seen that before or since.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I don’t really mind when they get in the house as it gives my cats something to do.

The visual of your cats chasing down grasshoppers made me smile. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

At first, they're entertaining for the cats, but pretty soon, the novelty wears off and/or the cats get sick of the taste of grasshopper, and then they start ignoring them. Then you may start to mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
New to the area lol

My wife freaked out over them to

This is not really abnormal it use to be yearly and really it's not the worst iv ever seen

Go grab yourself a bb gun and a low powered scope I use a red Ryder and a little scope it's a blast poppin them

And definitely not locust once they swarm like that they will strip trees of there bark

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Today we hit 113 and dry temps, most of those buggers died off, yesterday though...oh man

I noticed that a lot of those pesky guys are now gone. I was finally able to sit out back and take a smoke!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Holy cow! I just ran into a woman at the store who is leaving for Vegas today to get married. I hope she's prepared for that onslaught!
WOW.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Holy cow! I just ran into a woman at the store who is leaving for Vegas today to get married. I hope she's prepared for that onslaught!
WOW.

Shall be the wedding of a lifetime!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join