It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope- Indistinguishable From Magic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I imported this from the wrong thread. My hope is to save members a dollar on rental fees. The HD version is an unnecessary expense.

I am a new member. I rented and watched the new Nick Pope video Indistinguishable From Magic this morning during my workout. The film was rather deceitfully advertised by a completely sensational trailer intimating Nick Pope making dire predictions of interstellar war with inimical ufo’s. The reality is that the film is a talking head lecture by Nick Pope covering two primary subjects. The first half he focused on 2 meetings arranged by the Royal Academy of Sciences regarding the effect of a hypothetical disclosure event and a paper by the MOD projecting where futurist predictions put society by 2045. The last part is a brief survey of To The Stars Academy plans to develop antigravity. As is his wont, Mr. Pope carefully avoided making statements of opinion preferring instead to refer to source material and make leading remarks. The video is visually just Nick in front of a greenscreen projection of a slideshow of stock footage and newsreaders drawn from public domain. My suggestion would be to save a dollar on the rental and watch the SD version.
edit on 21-7-2019 by ManInRedShirt because: Grammatical error

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This would've been helpful:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
This would've been helpful:

Right, that is the trailer. Watching it would lead one to believe the video it advertised would definitely come to the same “independence day” conclusion. Nothing could be farther from truth. No conclusion or opinion is actually stated by the single narrative voice. No prophecy of doom is forthcoming. It was like advertising a Romantic Comedy as a thriller by editing together a handful of dark scenes and combining with a Carpenter soundtrack. Deceptive.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The video do not work for me... it say "not available"

I tried looking for it myself looking for pope and magic..

no luck.. only find this, do not think this is it.. is it ?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
The video do not work for me... it say "not available"

I tried looking for it myself looking for pope and magic..

no luck.. only find this, do not think this is it.. is it ?

I found the video first on VUDU and then on Google play, where I rented it.

The full title is Indistinguishable From Magic , which is drawn from a quote of Arthur C. Clarke.
edit on 21-7-2019 by ManInRedShirt because: Expansion of statement

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Pick-Pocket Magic of Nick Pope.

Better title. 👽

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
The Pick-Pocket Magic of Nick Pope.

Better title. 👽

Yes, very much better. Derivative and involving sleight of 🖐 🤚

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManInRedShirt

Flashy trailer , guess that's where the budget went although including the fake UFO flying over the tower blocks is a bit silly

I can see why you would be interested ....only to be disappointed , I'd ask for my money back just on principle.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Flashy trailer , guess that's where the budget went although including the fake UFO flying over the tower blocks is a bit silly

I can see why you would be interested ....only to be disappointed , I'd ask for my money back just on principle.

Love to...anyone have Nick’s phone number?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I got his website , apparently you can follow him.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

That would be the blind leading the fine. I follow no one.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Nor do I, so what's the bottom line to this Nick Pope waffle. So he has a new movie out. We either purchase it or don't.
I wont be, but others will.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Mr Pope has been a disappointment to me I'm afraid. I enjoyed his early books when he was still fresh from the UFO desk at MOD, but he's another one who seems to go nowhere. Ho hum.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That particular low credibility video has been the stalwart of hundreds of, nay more, so called, and crappy documentaries about UFO's for years now..including Nat Geo, (sadly) and the "History Channel"...HC being mostly rubbish anyway, and more with the sole intention of calling the whole business of UFO's...crap in itself, with the pretext that observance of rubbish is...entertainment.

IHMO, it is a serious subject, and not something frivolous for the very simple reason...we don't know anything so much, nothing hard core, at least in the public domain, while there is always a dessert of incidents that "Cannot be explained" (mostly because they cannot) left in the usual summations as if to treat those incidents pretty much as all the rest already presented..which were crap anyway.

Nick Pope, sadly takes part in the ungainly doculogues and agrees with everything...ahem, until the 'given' and mostly obvious explanation from the start is trotted out, while those other incidents are just left to dangle.

In some ways they play the 'God' game, we have no idea that 'HE' exists...maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...we don't know...if he does exist, is he a man, or is he a woman..ask that question, and according who you talk to, you get a plethera of of differing answers, often comedic but always end up as a don't really know..mostly because we don't know who, or what 'God' is.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

That particular low credibility video has been the stalwart of hundreds of, nay more, so called, and crappy documentaries about UFO's for years now..including Nat Geo, (sadly) and the "History Channel"...HC being mostly rubbish anyway, and more with the sole intention of calling the whole business of UFO's...crap in itself, with the pretext that observance of rubbish is...entertainment.

IHMO, it is a serious subject, and not something frivolous for the very simple reason...we don't know anything so much, nothing hard core, at least in the public domain, while there is always a dessert of incidents that "Cannot be explained" (mostly because they cannot) left in the usual summations as if to treat those incidents pretty much as all the rest already presented..which were crap anyway.

Nick Pope, sadly takes part in the ungainly doculogues and agrees with everything...ahem, until the 'given' and mostly obvious explanation from the start is trotted out, while those other incidents are just left to dangle.

In some ways they play the 'God' game, we have no idea that 'HE' exists...maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...we don't know...if he does exist, is he a man, or is he a woman..ask that question, and according who you talk to, you get a plethera of of differing answers, often comedic but always end up as a don't really know..mostly because we don't know who, or what 'God' is.

Right. The “god” thing. Maybe that tendency in ufologists is why there seems to be a good deal of doctrinaire mentality dictating dogmatic views here at ATS. Less an open dialogue sometimes than a gathering of high priests at a synod.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think pope saw the light alright.

Entered the ufo lecture circuit,Goes to a tv series or two,Does some yt videos,emphasizes he worked for the mod.And always stays in the middle so as to not upset anyone. Got it all figured out.

That said will watch it when the torrential tides ebb

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Pope saw the light and realised that there are some very gullible people ready to part with their hard earned, he should of called the movie " for a few dollars more ".

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Here's all you need to know about Nick Pope.

Head Of UK UFO Desk (Commander of SHADO)
1.He worked part time on a PR desk for the UK MoD responding to public and media questions about UFOs. A role he left a quarter of a century ago.There was no "UFO Desk or Project" at the UK MoD. So Nick was never head of any such project. His job description at the MoD is a matter of record in MoD File DEFE 24-2000.

His UFO Poster
2. He had a poster on his office wall of a big triangle thing in the sky a quarter of a century ago. This is the only copy made of it.

The Cosford UFO Incident
3. On his first day in the job he left 25 years ago he was swamped with calls about the Cosford UFO incident. This is one of his signature UFO cases that he continues to make out was a mysterious black triangle UFO. However in DEFE 24/2086/1 it records that Spanish ufologist Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos provided data that the events seen were actually a combination of the Cosmos 2238 radio satellite rocket boosters returning to earth over the British Isles and a police helicopter over the A49/A5 highway using its search beam to track a stolen vehicle. Nick Pope conceded in reply to Ballester

“I think it is clear that most of the UFO sightings that occurred on the night in question can be attributed to this event.”
National Archive Files - DEFE 24/2086/1

Rendlesham Forest UFO
4. He wrote a book about this years ago. He also conducted a cold case review 25 years ago and discovered that radiation readings "above those of background radiation" were found in a clearing between trees by Colonel Halt and his team. Something that is of negligible value as the level of radiation of 0.1 is completely harmless. Strangely a number of US military officers and British police officers had all visited the site in the previous days and no one thought to take Geiger counter readings during those inspections.

He has since moved to America where he compares himself with Luis Elizondo, is a talking head reading off the autocue for many cable TV shows about UFOs and regularly puts himself around the podcast, radio and UFO conference circuit as a personality.

Good luck to him with his next production Nick Pope Indistinguishable from Swamp Gas

edit on 22/7/2019 by mirageman because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join