It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noisy Foods! Noisiest food ever ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Duderino

Apricots are great! Don't see hardly any around here though. Matter of fact, I don't even remember the last time I saw one. They must not transport well. See lots of dried apricots, but no fresh ones.

For a couple years when I was a little, little kid, we lived in a house with a massive apricot tree in our backyard. We couldn't eat enough of them or give enough of them away, we had so many. They were so, so good. Our neighbor lady canned them, one of my grandmothers canned them, we ate and ate and ate them ... I really miss that tree!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A good plum is noisy in the exact same way as a nectarine. Specifically "Beach Plums".

Well, now I know what I am going to get.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Duderino

Apricots are great! Don't see hardly any around here though. Matter of fact, I don't even remember the last time I saw one. They must not transport well. See lots of dried apricots, but no fresh ones.

They don't transport well at all. A ripe apricot only holds for a few hours. And it is one of those rare fruits that stops ripening and producing any sugar once it is picked. And since they are picked green, the store bought ones never ripen and most people have only tried green apricots.

A ripe one, like a Blenheim or, a Moorpark particularly, will just drip down your chin. It's sugar with apricot flavor.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I seen some idiot on youtube once who 'ate' a firework. Not only noisy, but free visit to dentist.

Real food though, Chinese Prawn Crackers.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No food noisier than beans,...if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now that you mention it...that was the last time I saw an apricot as well! I rented this house in Utah once when I was in college and there was an apricot tree in the front yard (and grapes all along a chain link fence). That tree dropped crazy amounts of fruit. Walking around in the yard was like "Bee-Central" with all the fruit, flowers and grapes. You couldn't even cut the lawn without picking up apricots for about 40 minutes first. The guy who owned the place (who never cut the lawn like he was supposed to per the agreement) had cut all the branches up higher than you could reach. The apricots which fell on the ground were already over-ripe and the bees, wasps and other critters got them before they fell. So, what I did was got a big board at the lumber store and would use it to reach up and shake the branches to get the good ones to fall.

Yes, apricots are famously good too!! Like you, I'll never forget that dang tree!

I remember one night where some biker dudes who lived in front of me were having a big biker party and they were out in the yard throwing tomahawks at that tree. I went out there and told them to stop! They asked what I was gonna' do about it, and i pointed to the Wyoming license plate on my truck...and asked..."need any more explanation, boys???!!!" They went inside and left the tree alone. (I was a oil-patch badass in those days, and feared nothing).

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You know another under-rated fruit?

Mulberries!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh my goodness! You're just pushing all sorts of memory buttons tonight!!!

When I lived at the same place I referred to above, there were these mulberry trees out along the street. My girlfriend had this parrot (a Conure) which my Lab "ate" a couple times as a small bird (LOL!). Anyway, this bird was really tame, and he was free to fly around inside the house. He was a good bird, but boy was he LOUD!! He'd talk to everyone, cuss at the dog, and just raise hell having bird fun. So we started taking this bird outside, at first in his cage, just so he could get familiar with his surroundings. After a while we could let him out of the cage outside. He'd fly up into the trees and make all sorts of racket, just having a ball. When it would start to get dark he'd fly back down into his cage and we'd bring him inside for the night. (He'd finally shut up then because he was tired).

So one day we took him out and he flew off on some mission, and he found one of those mulberry trees on the street. I don't know how many berries that bird ate, but we practically had to pry him out of that tree. And, he'd go crazy every morning until you let him out and he'd fly right into one of those trees and just sit there and eat berries all freaking day long. Little bird got so fat he could hardly fly anymore! Then he'd fly his fat little ass down to the floor and run across the room and peck at the door to get out. Once outside he'd run across the yard out to the street and eat the berries which had fallen out of the trees. Now this part was FUNNY as hell!! Those berries were fermented, and he'd get drunk as S#!! And we'd have to go get his drunken feathered ass and bring him back. We'd put him on his perch and he'd sit there and sleep, rocking back and forth, periodically falling off and he'd have to flap back up. Then he'd be all grouchy the next day...just too funny!! A parrot with a hangover!! LOL!!

Fortunately, the mulberries didn't last more than a few days because all the birds were all over them, but every year when they came out, Capone the parrot, would go get stupid on those berries!!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I love a slush, the ones with the fat straws are the loudest, and they usually always do them at the cinema, where you want to be as quiet as possible!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You know another under-rated fruit?

Mulberries!

Oh my god, please no... I have a mulberry tree too, and every year that turns into 10 trees on or around my property, even with care. This tree spreads like crazy, as bad as a walnut does.

Love to eat them, and so does one of my dogs (she actually consumes them in excess), but damn that tree is hard to contain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join