It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bear on the Deck today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

Be sure and report that to the wildlife agency. The more they get reports the easier it will be to locate. Good story.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Newt22

I've had two friends who have had bears get into their cabins here in Colorado and completely TRASH everything! One in Meeker and the other up NW of Ft Collins. Neither were around when it happened, but he bears completely trashed their places. Opened every can, made a colossal mess, broke out windows, slobbered food all over. One of the bears even ripped their bed to shreds and apparently slept in it for a few days, like made a nest. Crapped all over the place, broke into everything, ripped cabinets off the walls, tore a hole in the floor...just made an absolute mess!

This one guy was Mr. Greenpeace, total liberal...and he wound up coming to me asking about what gun he should buy to protect him and his wife!!

I lived in the Colorado Rocky’s for 20 years and we used to have them in our yard about 3-4 times a week during peak bear season. Found myself 6ft from a mama and her 3 cubs one night while locking my truck up, had no idea she was there until she decided to move up into our tree where her cubs were. Luckily she didn’t go after me because I wouldn’t have stood a chance in hell, she was lightening fast. I believe that was the year I went through 3 bear proof garbage cans.

I’ve repaired a few homes after bears had gotten in and ransacked the place. One customer was out of town and the bear had managed to turn on the kitchen sink faucet, they had left the drain stopper in and it flooded the whole lower floor as well as parts of the main floor. It had also cut its self and left blood all over the place, there was close to a million dollars in damage. Yep, they can be a problem at times.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join