It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is Offering 17 Thousand Temporary work Visas for Hondurans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am OK with this and I don't think you can find this story anywhere in the USA. I mean the MSM and our Democrats really show Sir Donald the love. I mean so where can we get the truth about whats really around here? So, direct from the newspaper La Tribuna in Honduras and partially translated into English is the article:

La Tribuna

As a mechanism to reduce irregular migration, the Government of the United States is offering 17 thousand temporary work visas for Hondurans. Consul General Dana Deree signed an agreement for a labor migratory visa a month ago with the Secretary of Labor Carlos Madero and one more with the owner of Merchant Marine Juan Carlos Rivera The director of Consular Affairs, Flabia Zamora, who met this week with representatives of these institutions, said the objective of the meeting was to address the issue of job opportunity for Hondurans. "Representatives of the Secretary of Labor of the United States, the Consul General, the Chamber of Commerce of the United States -Honduras and the Merchant Navy were present because with this institution an agreement for temporary jobs was signed," Zamora explained. Other institutions that also participated in this meeting were representatives of UNDP, USAID, the United States Department of Agriculture, the Exports and Fraud Prevention Officer of the American Embassy.

Check out the requirements:

The requirements to apply for visas 1.- Being over 21 years old 2.- Know how to read and write 3.- Not having a criminal record 4.- Experience in agriculture, construction, cleaning and maintenance of facilities 6.- Not having a migratory or police background 7.- They must present the curriculum 8.- Copy of the identity card 9.- Copy of the current criminal record 10.- A work reference 11.- Valid passport, if you have it

Oh, for those of you who are not bilingual try Google Translate while its free.
edit on 18-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Good paying American jobs going to non-Americans at slave wages! Say it isn't so!

edit on 18-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

They have permission and didnt sneak across the border with someone elses children!
Say it ain't so!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Hay, the crops are ripening and Americans don't want the work. I know as I toiled in the fields for 8 summers of my life working on my Grandparents vegetable farms, picking vegetables. We were family so we worked in abhorrent heat, were paid much less than the migrants whom were just a shoulders length away. They all were decent and hardworking. Many came back for several years as my Grandparents were very fair. Actually, they were housed for free and had whatever was ripening for free. On one farm were pigs and cows and chickens. My Grandfather would provide them with Ham and bacon and beef for free as he intentionally produced that amount for them and us.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Hay, the crops are ripening and Americans don't want the work.

Correction, Americans don't want the work because it pays too little. Having good wages is highly motivating!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Good paying American jobs going to non-Americans at slave wages! Say it isn't so!

Wages could be little low but at least they have a legal option to work here instead of starve to dead. I don't see a reason to call them slaves.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

You can't pay 25$/hr for a job that requires zero skill, or education. If they are legal, the employers are subject to minumum wage legislation. If they are illegal, not so much.

Tell me again how this is unfair?

As far as Americans not wanting the job? As an employer, I prefer someone who wants to to do an honest days work, rather than one who really doesn't, irrespective of nationality.

I have zero problem with sane, legal immigration, but this illegal FREE for all s**t has to stop.

It's all political rhetoric by the left anyway. The proof of that is the fact that millions of Africans are literally starving, and are in much more dire circumstances than these central Americans, yet you don't hear any leftist outrage for them.
edit on 7182019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Correction, Americans don't want the work because it pays too little. Having good wages is highly motivating!

There are a lot of great paying jobs in my area that require some basic mechanical skills ,"minor electrical and plumbing" that employers cant seem to fill because so many applicants fail the drug test.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

yea, we should just bring them in and put them on welfare. Then they could vote democrat with some dead person's social. Sounds like a win for you.
edit on 18-7-2019 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Trump needs low wags laborers to build the wall. He's on a budget

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Trumpster: They took our job!!

Random guy: Trump gave it to them

Trumpster : the dems give immigrants American jobs

Random guy: fml

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

While I'm not surprised the MSM isn't talking about this, I'm not down with it. If Hondurans aren't here legally, they need to go back to Honduras. The MSM also doesn't utter a single word about that nasty, disgusting Omar marrying her own brother, once again proving to America that if you're a democrat, even incest or marrying into your own family is acceptable.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

When I was 14 and 15 (1993 & 1994), both summers, I baled hay and threw the bales on a trailer as I walked through the hay fields and some lucky farm hand drove the tractor pulling the trailer. The problem isn't that we're paid too little for this work, the problem is that parents don't push their kids into hard work anymore. The kids would rather sit in front of the tv or on their smart phone/tablet. I can't remember exactly what I was paid, but it was in cash and I know it was less than $50 a week. Plenty for a kid that age. Today that would be around $100 bucks or so. My dad takes care of several farms for a friend of his and takes my 11 year old with him all the time.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
While I'm not surprised the MSM isn't talking about this, I'm not down with it. If Hondurans aren't here legally, they need to go back to Honduras.

The entire OP was about 17,000 temporary work visas being issued.

This would mean they would be here legally.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Trumpster: They took our job!!

Random guy: Trump gave it to them

Trumpster : the dems give immigrants American jobs

Random guy: fml

I think you are oblivious to the true attitude of most Trump supporters.

I believe most of his base, as well as the population as a whole, do not have a problem with immigration in general. What most ppl want is legal immigration, which is controlled, and done in accordance with what the country can handle without being detrimental.

Open borders is not a "sane" option.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

several of the leftovers who haven't ran away just project what they think they'd like to argue about and then build up their strawmen accordingly. They know they can't defend the crazy, so shifting the narrative to fit their current stance is key.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
American farmers say they can't get Americans to work on their farms. Also, they say the reason they work them like slaves is that they can't get the workers. Why they pay them so little, I don't know.

So, actually according to them they need these foreign workers or we won't get our lettuce and tomatoes, milk and eggs.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
American farmers say they can't get Americans to work on their farms. Also, they say the reason they work them like slaves is that they can't get the workers. Why they pay them so little, I don't know.

So, actually according to them they need these foreign workers or we won't get our lettuce and tomatoes, milk and eggs.

A good honest days labor on a farm is not slavery. Having grown up on a farm, I did my share. The reality is, if you have little or no education, and no marketable skill, most of what's left is manual labor at relatively low wage. What do ppl expect? It's not easy, but it's not slavery either.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Correction, there are a lot of jobs that Americans will not do. It seems little did you know that pickers make really good money. Many come here and work 4 months to pay for the entire year.

Also, money is a very short term motivator to good work... I'm not going to debate it, just look it up in any 101 economy text book. As example, if you are head frier at burger king and I gave you a 3 dollar an hour raise your performance would be right back to were it was prior to the 3 dollar raise within weeks.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

A good honest days labor on a farm is not slavery. Having grown up on a farm, I did my share. The reality is, if you have little or no education, and no marketable skill, most of what's left is manual labor at relatively low wage. What do ppl expect? It's not easy, but it's not slavery either.

Wait!!! You do not pay a person 200 bucks to mow your lawn that takes 20 mins?

The pay of a position is based on the worth of that position is to a company. This is why a sales person makes so much less than an engineer, and why a typical Mexican picker can make very good wages as they are crazy good at picking.

If a person said hey I'll mow your lawn and I said since it takes 20 mins I'll pay you 20 bucks and the person said nothing under 50 will do then I guess I'll mow my own lawn, and hell I'll come over and mow yours for 50 too. The position is worth 20 to me...take it or leave it.

edit on 18-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join