It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old School UFO 1968

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Nice save.

I've only been recently checking the MUFON database regularly.

By the time I got to it this morning there was just the one image (don't usually, but I saved this one).

Pretty neat.

Are these kinds of photos rare to show up there?

Considering he's dead and all and apparently never released these images publicly and presumably did not give permission to use his name or photos, are you sure about putting the guy's name on there?

edit on 17-7-2019 by spf33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: spf33
Are these kinds of photos rare to show up there?

They're unusual. Most of the images or videos are of spots of light in the sky. There's a large number of images of lens flares.

Considering he's dead and all and apparently never released these images publicly and presumably did not give permission to use his name or photos, are you sure about putting the guy's name on there?

I thought about that. I think it would generally be considered fair use for educational or research purposes. The name and date was taken directly from the person who posted them to MUFON, and I wanted to acknowledge that. You see a lot of old UFO images online that have lost their attribution and I wanted to avoid that. The person who posted them didn't seem to have an issue with making them public or they wouldn't have done it. Nobody has made or lost any money as a result. So it's cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder
That's quite a moot point, as have you noticed That cars from the 60s, 70s and 80s match exactly the style of the era.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Which means the observer is knowingly/unknwoingly creating the phenomena

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: crayzeed
Which means the observer is knowingly/unknwoingly creating the phenomena

Could be our government building aircraft using designs that were popular at the time.
Could be aliens reaching into our minds to come up with designs that we're familiar with.
Could be time travelers trying (and failing) to look inconspicuous when they drop in on the past.
Could be a multi-dimensional object of which we only see and understand the 3-D part.
Could be a tulpa created mostly by our minds but somehow attaining enough physical form to be photographed.
Could be a disguise of something else.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Great find
The old style manufacturing might indicate they are coming from a different time period they went through the same industrial revolution as us current human beings but had slightly differnt metal work techniques even though you can sort of get the idea that they are manmade

Or it indicates exactly how military saucers looked like in the 60's. It looks very man-made and not advanced at all.
I wish we would be told the truth about all this, but I've been on this topic for so many years and the more I think about it, the more I start to believe they are all aircrafts from the military. The way the designs progress over time, exactly in line with the style from that time.
There have been a couple of new clips released lately which were in the mainstream media, those do look very odd, unless we now have really advanced to have aircrafts like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xetex

Yeah know what you mean on them looking a bit period for the 60's. We might well be looking at the current ufo modle back then that was in production by some state..................... Or even be a secret group not even a state, like the folks who control the main powers that are totally out of sight, maybe even Naiz who escaped to the very south of Planet Earth and they too might be using the current techniques of that time.

We really need to acknowledge that some of them are probably ours like the Steelth Bomber was secret from 1977 but in use til they admitted in Gulf War 1 but every one was seeing it in between and saying UFO

On the other hand I dunno if they are all ours, having had some way out experiences especially with the orbs and the motherships I really don't link them with any current or previous manufacturing techniques, indeed they would be almost like a living life form / gas / plasma in design and movement, indeed I'd link them more with Bible than any manufacturing process than available now or in the recent past to modern mankind

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Meant to ask...any idea why they were deleted from the cms, can the submitter go back and delete their own submission or can only MUFON do that?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: spf33

Meant to ask...any idea why they were deleted from the cms, can the submitter go back and delete their own submission or can only MUFON do that?

I have no idea. I was just fortunate enough to be there when they were all up. There were quite a few images showing the packages the photos were kept in, obviously weathered with age. If they had addresses or other identifying information on them, I didn't see any, had no interest in it, and all I did was copy and frame the object images. I have no idea why they would pull most of them but leave the last one. I thought that maybe MUFON asked the poster to hold off posting all of the images to the website until they had a chance to check it out and do a more detailed investigation. Because it's pretty cool. Like finding an old Ferrari in a barn.

Thanks for the various enhancements, by the way. Are you using Vegas, or some other nifty program that makes it easier than having to align each frame?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Absolutely, It is like finding an old Ferrari in a barn. These older photos are fascinating and this one seems to destined to be a classic.

1968! - imgur.com...

In the interest of time I've been skipping the MUFON images and mostly going straight for the videos.

Since I can't go back and look at this report I'm not sure what made me to click on it, but I did. Very cool you were able to grab the deleted ones.

You're welcome and thanks for checking out my videos. I use a variety of industry standard tools for dissection. I've not yet used Vegas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join