It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old School UFO 1968

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just came across this on the MUFON site.
mufoncms.com...

There were more images up earlier that showed old file folders, indicating the age of the images, but they have apparently been moved. They showed this UFO apparently hovering tilted and slowly rotating. The remaining photo online shows the context. I pulled these from the other photos and leveled out the UFO. Fair use, and all that stuff.

Honestly, it looks kind of small and relatively close up and handmade. But it's hard to tell with these things. Nice photos though. Unique shape. If it's authentic (and if not, why would the witness, who is now deceased, bother to carefully keep the photos around?), it shows that we have been getting decent, fairly detailed images of UFOs for decades and still don't know for sure what they are.
edit on 17-7-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I always find it funny how the UFO's from the 60's, 70's, 80's, or whatever decade seem to match exactly the style from the era in question.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Here's the remaining context image:

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I always find it funny how the UFO's from the 60's, 70's, 80's, or whatever decade seem to match exactly the style from the era in question.

Yeah, no tic-tac or orange orb or flying triangle here. Looks kind of like a modified vacuum cleaner base, except that it seems oddly asymmetrical.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Great find
The old style manufacturing might indicate they are coming from a different time period they went through the same industrial revolution as us current human beings but had slightly differnt metal work techniques even though you can sort of get the idea that they are manmade

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There's are a lot more of these old school cases set to be released.

They are currently being scanned from old paper reports to pdf.
Its called the M.A.R.R.S project.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bottle cap thrown in front of a camera? Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Bottle cap thrown in front of a camera? Just a thought.

Maybe. Except that's not what a bottle cap even looks like.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Yeah, no tic-tac or orange orb or flying triangle here. Looks kind of like a modified vacuum cleaner base, except that it seems oddly asymmetrical.

Thanks for this fascinating little case.

In one shot (the bottom pic of the first set of three), it even looks as if it's damaged or broken off from something else.

The roof and telegraph pole are useful objects to measure the object's size and distance - even more so than the similar albeit more infamous 1950 McMinnville photos which seem to depict something much further away from the camera.

TRIVIA CORNER: The Tic-Tac's star witness Dave Fravor did his infamous and controversial (for calling other Nimitz witnesses liars) stage presentation at McMinnville this year, alongside Corbell and Knapp.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think these pics go to show just how much swamp gas has evolved over the years.

Incredible, really.
edit on 17-7-2019 by BoscoMoney because: cuz

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
There's are a lot more of these old school cases set to be released.
They are currently being scanned from old paper reports to pdf.
Its called the M.A.R.R.S project.

Excellent. Hopefully we'll get some of the "good stuff" that I suspect a lot of the old researchers squirreled away because of paranoia or they were told to by MiBs, or whatever. I don't blame them for being paranoid, though. It would be nice to see some of that stuff that was so convincing to them.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I actually got an interesting story about MiB's.
I'm the Chief Investigator for MUFON Canada.
I contacted a witness a few weeks back that had a couple of sightings in Niagra Falls.

We get to talking about Niagra being a previous hotbed of activity and whatnot.
He tells me about this case I remember from long ago, where 2 supposed MiBs were caught on video entering a Niagra Falls hotel looking to speak with the manager who made a report about a mass sighting.
This video here:

Well turns out the witness I was talking with was friends with that hotel manager and he had actually told him about the men showing up at the hotel looking for him, months before it became news.
The witness went as fas as forwarding me the email exchange between him and the manager.
I found that pretty neat.

But on topic, there are well over 20,000 historical reports already transferred to pdf.
One of my F.I's told me last week that they were about halfway through the reports.
Im really looking forward to seeing these.

edit on 17-7-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Im really looking forward to seeing these.

I believe that one of the reasons Ufology as an area of study has kind of unfortunately faltered over time is that it's never done a very good job explaining how pervasive it is. Just how many sightings and encounters have been made over the years by people from basically all walks of life. Without knowing that, it's pretty difficult to see just how people have come up with their potential explanations, so it's easy for the average person to say, "Well, it's just all secret government stuff," or "Just a bunch of pranksters wanting attention," or even "extradimensional beings." Most people have no idea of the volume and depth the subject has, and why such catch-all explanations just don't quite fit all the data.

Not that this will change that perception, but at least it will make the data available to interested parties who may want to look into it a little further while they're Naruto running into Area 51.

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Fascinating info, Mac.

I suppose what seems illogical is that the MIB haven't varied their rather conspicuous wardrobe down the years!

Presumably, the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones film franchise prompted them to finally call their tailors.

edit on 17-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
I suppose what seems illogical is that the MIB haven't varied their rather conspicuous wardrobe down the years!

I was thinking about this the other day. I wonder what kind of cars present-day MiBs drive? You'd think that they'd eventually switch over to something that would be more inconspicuous and help maintain their cover. No pristine black Lincolns and Cadillacs, but maybe a Prius, which hasn't changed its style in a long time. Maybe instead of looking like the Blues Brothers, they'd go for more of a man bun. Although might be difficult; I understand they sometimes don't appear to have any body hair at all, including eyelashes and eyebrows.

Men in Black is a fascinating topic, and I'm researching them a little more these days, along with scouting for them in the old photos on Shorpy.com. Great resource for time travelers:
www.shorpy.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Naw, they still drive Ford P O S 's......idk

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Honestly, it looks kind of small and relatively close up and handmade. But it's hard to tell with these things.
Not that hard to tell, I agree it looks relatively close. You can't get exact distances this way, but you can tell if something is relatively close or relatively far, because of decreasing contrast with greater distance. You can tell the trees are further away than the UFO because of the reduced contrast of the trees.

What is atmospheric perspective?

Contrast decreases with distance

Decreased saturation and contrast explain why it’s harder to see/resolve fine details for far away objects even through binoculars. Low contrast means that there isn’t much difference between the brightest and darkest areas.

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Yes, how is it that aliens who must be at least centuries ahead of us in interstellar travel never seem to be more than 10 years ahead of us in styling? Unless maybe they aren't aliens?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You got a striking point there, just wondering if they are either trying to go along with our trend to make us comfortable with the idea?

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: FauxMulder

You got a striking point there, just wondering if they are either trying to go along with our trend to make us comfortable with the idea?

Or maybe they modify their appearance so that it matches our expectations and our level of understanding. If they showed up in a six-dimensional tesseract maybe our puny little brains would blow out trying to accurately perceive it. Or maybe they don't even have to modify it. We see it as a metal ship, but is that only because things like metal and ships are things we can understand? That's the dimensional problem. The dimension "not of sight and sound, but of mind."

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

Honestly, it looks kind of small and relatively close up and handmade. But it's hard to tell with these things.
Not that hard to tell, I agree it looks relatively close. You can't get exact distances this way, but you can tell if something is relatively close or relatively far, because of decreasing contrast with greater distance. You can tell the trees are further away than the UFO because of the reduced contrast of the trees.

It would be fairly easy from our perspective to dismiss this as a lame hoax, but I still have to wonder why the late Mr. Malm went through all the trouble to carefully keep all the photos and other information about this thing in nice, neat folders for decades. I sure didn't keep any of the photos of the hubcaps I threw into the air at that time.

Maybe it was just, you know, not very big.
edit on 17-7-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join