It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Earthquakes Leave Naval Station China Lake ‘Not Mission Capable’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I said way back when we here in Cali were getting record rain that we were in for some big Quakes once everything started drying up and this summer will be record hot so my guess we got more big ones on the way .
edit on 7/9/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You can't build to withstand earthquakes after a certain point. There was a 6.5 foot lateral movement. That's going to require more than is fiscally reasonable to withstand.

Even if there was "zero" damage to structures, you still have to first inspect for damage to determine that, and then re-survey the range to make sure your data measurements and targeting didn't just get an extra +/- 7' margin of error. All that takes time. And I'm sure there is damage. Not everything is going to be over-engineered for earthquakes.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I feel a conspiracy, I know nothing of possible seismic weapons, but hot damn!
I highly doubt any military complex would test a seismic weapon in an area as volatile as California.

Unless...

If I had a "seismic weapon", I wouldn't test it anywhere near a large city of mine, particularly one as active as that area. That's just borrowing trouble.
And i definitely wouldn't test it on a known weapons range. The whole point would be to have a quiet capability noone knows about. You've got lots of ocean out there, unfriendly nations, the Antarctic, etc. Why would California near fault lines overdue for a quake be a good plan exactly?

Exactly. It was snow melt that caused the quakes. Snow melt.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding the snow melt "story" to create a strawman?

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You can't build to withstand earthquakes after a certain point. There was a 6.5 foot lateral movement. That's going to require more than is fiscally reasonable to withstand.

Not everything is going to be over-engineered for earthquakes.

Particularly roads. If someone can show how to make roads earthquake proof, I'm sure everyone would be interested.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
China got destroyed? Finally.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: The GUT

Why target China Lake?

Setback--or payback--of something would be the only thing I can think of. Only worth noting because of the coincidence.

China Lake is the United States Navy's largest single landholding, representing 85% of the Navy's land for weapons and armaments research, development, acquisition, testing and evaluation...

Wiki
edit on 9-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why target China Lake?

Chimal lake was know in the Mind Control conspiracies to house a large child Mind Control program. Abuse and electricity used to split their minds creating slaves for labor or sex.

If that is indeed true then the timing of the EQs Coupled with the Epstein ordeal seem interesting.

Destroy any evidence, if Epstine speaks out.

BTW Not what I think really happen just some dots to connect. When considering the information that is out there. When you ask why China lake would be targeted for any reason.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If I were making a list of targets for "seismic weapons", wide open desert spaces with few facilities would rank very low on my list.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I highly doubt any military complex would test a seismic weapon in an area as volatile as California.

Unless...

If I had a "seismic weapon", I wouldn't test it anywhere near a large city of mine, particularly one as active as that area. That's just borrowing trouble.
And i definitely wouldn't test it on a known weapons range. The whole point would be to have a quiet capability noone knows about. You've got lots of ocean out there, unfriendly nations, the Antarctic, etc. Why would California near fault lines overdue for a quake be a good plan exactly?

Exactly. It was snow melt that caused the quakes. Snow melt.

Are you deliberately misunderstanding the snow melt "story" to create a strawman?

I don't know if I'm creating a straw man or not; I just don't buy the snow melt thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Unless...

Well that's what I was saying?
Unless...
It wasn't a seismic weapon, but a surface or low penetrating weapon that accidentally set off the quake...

They may have been testing something that they didn't expect would set off a quake.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
China got destroyed? Finally.

You wish.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

According to NAWS’s website, the weapons station has 2,132 buildings and facilities, 329 miles of paved roads and 1,801 miles of unpaved roads, as well as Armitage Field, the main air station, all valued at some $3 billion. Its 19,600 square miles of restricted and controlled airspace supports integrated testing and training for aircraft and weapons systems.

news.usni.org...

Response teams have begun inspecting the housing areas, and will begin water extraction as required, as well as damage assessment. The Base Exchange was scheduled to open Tuesday to allow personnel still on base to get supplies. The exchange and commissary both suffered damage.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Armitage Airfield on China Lake opened today. Several F-18s from VX-9 flew local training missions and verified airfield equipment was working.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join