It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eerily Accurate Predictions of Cyberpunk 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I still have my CP 2020 character sheet somewhere.

Gonna have to buy the old rulebooks again before the liberals burn them all.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Mike Pondsmith created it. The really funny thing? They're making a video game based off his world. It's a project he's heavily involved in, and the predictable crowd are already mad because the depiction of certain groups in his world is "problematic" according to them.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Gonna have to buy the old rulebooks again before the liberals burn them all.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: KansasGirl

Mike Pondsmith created it. The really funny thing? They're making a video game based off his world. It's a project he's heavily involved in, and the predictable crowd are already mad because the depiction of certain groups in his world is "problematic" according to them.

This is why I'm waiting for liberals to start burning CyberPunk books for not kowtowing to their narrative.

People can get mad at me if they want to but censorship and advocacy for censorship is squarely on one side.
edit on 9 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know. The nerve of a black man deciding that a black street gang would exist in his world.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A video game cyberpunk 2077 is coming out next year on pc and consoles. Looks like it has something to do with the creators of 2020

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The silly thing is there are screen shots of the gang with non black members, not only that but in the cinematic scene involving the gang, the big dumb goon in the gang is a white guy. The leader was a black man, and the tech GENIUS was a black girl. On top of that they're overreacting to the gang being called the Animals because they like animal imagery and such, you'd think the gang was called the Coons or the Porch Monkeys the way they are acting...

Oh and apparently having a trans poster, and even playable trans options makes them transphobic...

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's not having the trans poster, per se. It's the portrayal of the trans on the poster. I guess having the attractive girl half with huge package is what set them off.

And it isn't enough to know they can play a trans character in the character creater. They all got mad because even though the first game demo ever showed had a female protag, CDProjeckt Red had the very poor taste to use a white male protag in the second demo, and they used him to kill those poor Animals. You know, problematic white supremacy issues and stuff.

In other words, you having game journos in search of things to bitch about and once they have a toe-hold, they'll keep on digging. Since they don't like it though, I'm pretty sure I may be buying. They've sort of become like most movie critics.
edit on 11-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Honestly this is a topic deserving of a conspiracy forum, there's a lot more to this game being attacked. The company is going out of it's way to give we the player's our moneys worth, and do right by us players, while other companies keep pushing practices like loot boxes, and pushing out half complete games. There's a whole detailed conspiracy here that I just have neither the time nor willingness to really go all into. Long story short, lots of big name companies have a lot invested in seeing this game fail, because if it succeeds it threatens their bottom line, because it means their customers might start expecting more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join