It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Pioneering British Trial Suggests Common Cold Virus Could Cure Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, this sounds promising. If true, I wonder how Big Pharma will respond, knowing that this would diminish their HUGE profits selling chemo drugs around the world.

I thought that I had read somewhere, that scientists believed that the polio virus could help in treating brain cancer. I was right, this was discussed back in 2016:

Video Posted On May 2016:

Now, we have the potential to "cure" cancer with the common cold virus. This actually was discussed in a YouTube clip that was posted last year:

Video Posted On July 2018:

News Article Posted Today:

The common cold virus could cure cancer, scientists say, as a "revolutionary" treatment is predicted to eradicate the disease in a week.

In the pioneering British trial, 15 patients were given an infusion of the bug, before undergoing surgery to remove and examine tumours.

In every case, cancer cells had been destroyed and in one case, all traces of the disease had gone, the study found.

www.independent.ie...

This is great news. I hate cancer. I lost my mother and sister in law due to cancer and I'm sure many of you have lost a loved one too. Would be great if I get a chance to see this disease wiped out in my lifetime

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We keep hearing about these possible miracle cures, then in a week or two, complete silence.

Hope this one is different.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Every day for as long as I can remember, someone had the cure for cancer.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Fascinating. What are the implications regarding flu shots?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It would seem very few people seem to see these cures through, after the initial headlines the press stops reporting the powers that be never seem to be interested and everything goes back to the very sad status quo

Mankind eh?

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

Been reported today in The Telegraph they say three years and it'll be in use

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Check out vice's documentary...Killing Cancer..very frustrating..similiar viruses used to kill cancer with above 90% sucess rate..apparently after 911 this doctor's funding dried up...it is remarkable and sadly old news
edit on 5-7-2019 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
sigh big pharma will say no to it ...buying the patent and destroys it
no way they will ruin there money income from cancer...one of there pillars of exsisting ..

edit on 6-7-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Didn't something else related involving HIV and Mice come about recently?

All these medical miracles happening all of a sudden?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Granted you just took the article headline but it's a bit of a misnomer, at this point in the trials, because the article and treatment aren't about curing cancer holistically but rather curing bladder cancer. Still a long way to go from it being a possible cure of one type cancer to curing cancer as a whole.

All the same anytime a possible victory looms against the great equalizer in life then that's a good thing.

My Father passed away when he was 52 from Pancreatic Cancer which is essentially a death sentence in Men so I hope the scientists of the world keep looking for a way to eradicate cancer.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I would think they used CRISPR, and probably for this as well.

As far as "it being a long way to go for other cancers" I wouldn't think so. The main problem I would think, or a big one, is just having to tailor each virus to a patient's specific cancer. Same with immunotherapy, the specificity required is expensive.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

If that's the case, genetics play a larger role in future commerce, as drugs may have to be developed with the patients DNA specficially for that patient, which renders mass consumer drugs usuless concerning these specific cancers.

top topics

join