It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I see US slaves like I see US Veterans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

a reply to: Xeven

we need a day

We're not giving all of them days...

Right now it's World Jump Rope Week...

July Is National Black Family Month

Unknown Holidays & Observances

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WorldUnderCeej

B) Equating veterans of war with slaves/ economic serfs is... crazy. Veterans made a free choice to do what they did.

My dad was drafted, the government had the ability to call him back any time... That sure sounds like slavery to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Why do so many people have to bring up white slavery when black slavery and its effects on communities today?

Do you think that by bringing up indentured servitude it somehow cancels out all slavery and racism ?

Actually, since slavery has been used by every race against selected other races, yeah, we are all equal in our past forced servitude. So what's your problem, you think you're special, maybe you think you're entitled? Guess what, you're not?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
No one in the USA Today was ever a slave nor has any living US citizen owned a slave.

It would be nice if that were the case.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What is this because it looks what I will dub " Trumpian history ", just make # up as you go and insert reality.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Just stop with the fortune cookie philosophy.
You sound like a vegan saying killing an animal is murder.
We are no different than our "free" caveman ancestors hunting for our food except that we have it a hell of a lot easier.

As usual on here, I don't think you read that the way I wrote it. I actually didn't say there was a solution. I just stated the facts. And now for the most depressing fact, I will state the fact that life as a human being IS slavery (by definition) and there is no solution anywhere in sight in the near future.

But why is that? Well, the answer to that is one of my favorites. Because humans are freaks of nature. Everything about us is in conflict with nature. And no. I'm not some kind of vegan or even much of an environmentalist. I'm with Carlin in that I think nature will take care of itself. If we cause the extinction of the vast majority of life on earth, the planet isn't gonna care. Even the species that are going extinct aren't gonna care because they're not human. Humans care too much about everything and that will be our downfall. We have to "make things right" as we see it. Whatever our personal definition of "right" is. Even though there really is no such thing and we just friggin made it up because it's emotionally appealing to us.

But yeah. The slavery issue is emotionally charged. But there is the fact that most people believe that slavery no longer exists or that it's possible to get rid of it and continue on with this freakshow we call civilization. The fact of the matter is that we are basically livestock. This is why you have a personal identification number and why you need permission to exist. Oh, you can leave civilization and sort of live free but the point is that humans are not well suited for that. And as far as the government is concerned, you still belong to them. If you're doing anything they don't like, they'll come after you and make you stop. Every single law that exists is telling you that you are property. You can only do what they want you to do and you'd better not do anything they don't want you to do or they'll make you sorry. As far as they're concerned, you don't even own your own body. Take the whole weed thing, for example. For decades it was against the law to smoke a dried out plant. But now, they've kinda relented and said "Well, OK. You can do this now if you stay within these boundaries". So even in "giving" you the right you should have already had, they're telling you that they still own you because you can only do it because they say you can.

So yeah. That's the cruel twist of it. I didn't say there was anything you could do about your status as a two-legged cow.
edit on 3-7-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Agreed, I had a bit about that in my post (I chiseled it down so it wouldn't digress too far off topic), figures I should've kept it. It's very obvious the civilian population is property of the government, which is bizarre seeing as our Constitution literally says it must be the opposite. That WAS an act of enslavement. You are 100% correct. My understanding is that this was an isolated incident, whilst the whole economic slavery thing was a founding principle of the Republic ( though I don't see it penned down in an obvious manner.)

I don't think we actually won the Revolution. We became the vassal of European business cartels. Our task was to enslave this entire hemisphere to Euro-centric business ideas. And we passed with flying colors! Because we took the load of breaking the hemisphere from them, it allowed the elite to usurp the monarchies they had been financing (France literally killed theirs on the orders of the elite.) After which the first real attempt to get Europe under one ruler happened (Republican France's success in war forever broke monarchy.) You then see the rise of the European Superpowers and the elimination of most smaller nations. Then the European wars of dominance (WW's 1 & 2.) All financed in large part by Europe enslaving the west and us being overseer over it.

It's literally to the point where they make the US carry the burden of bloated imperial economics and militaristic ideas of THEIR manufacture. They just collect the power that this slave market produces. The US now guards their borders, like we're Mamluks or some nonsense. Our fighting the rise of Communism was to protect the world elite's economic interests, seeing as we failed 100% of the time at stopping Communism from spreading. And now they have most of Asia in a LITERAL slave state idea. And now we're finding that the US has been sold out to China (The US of Asia) by the puppet government they bought after the Civil War turned our Federal Government into a corporation with the States SUBORDINATED to it. Another thing that's opposite of the Constitution.

End rant and stuff. The whole draft was world elite flexing muscle. "Go fight these people because you're ours and we told you to."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join