It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I wish it was 2006

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hello my fellow ats members. I just feel like I have a little rant to get off my shoulders, I’ve been a long time reader in the background and a member here and there in the past. I’ve been coming here almost everyday since 2006 and having been born in 88 that’s a significant portion of my life I’ve realized. I remember the first time coming here brought from a alex Collier video explaining moon bases and alien contacts. Back then although everything was new and unexplained it seemed like a much simpler and more rewarding time looking back at it.

I’m here now at work early in the morning like everyday, and I feel like the more I look at my life now and how boring it and everything seems to me and how I’ve let myself slip into some slight sort of depression I wish I was back there in 2006 not knowing what was coming even tho there was so much possible doom on the horizon then.

There was the ever arching 2012 date that even tho always seemed completely far away and fake, when the day came and went without much more than another Friday I must admit I felt cheated. Cheated hard. Then since then all the other possible alternative conspiracy’s especially aliens and the ufo question seemed to be thrown away for nothing but political insanity on my part. Looking at where my mind has been the past 2 years with the US political stuff, the Balkanization of American people’s and intense censorship rampant online on my mind actually upsets me when I put it into perspective for myself.

I was always the ufo dude, the guy who was saying the craziest conspiracies of ideas of reality, I was always starting those long hour long weird debates you get with friends after a few joints or beers. But it seems like for me at least it’s almost all gone. I work too much, I don’t sleep enough, I drink way too much, I don’t care enough I’ve given up any thought of changing my life and when I do it’s fleeting and never goes anywhere. I dont know where to start or even why. There was always that feeling like there was wonder In The world before but now it seems like there is nothing like that anymore, nothing weird anymore, no doom coming, no real ufos, no Bigfoot, no Loch Ness monster, giant squid is just another squid, the moon? who really knows, I’ll never go there that’s a fact. no real change to look forward too unless it’s something I make happen. I just wish it was 2006 again where even tho the world might end, there was a whole weird world then to discover and now it seems like it’s just all one bad Wikipedia article away. Idk but I wish it was 2006 that’s it that’s my rant.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

I can identify with your rant but wish it was 1986 , no good for you as you wouldn't have been born yet but the feeling is the same , back then everyday was an adventure and anything was possible where now the path seems set and resistance to it futile.
Technology was our saviour but now it's our keeper.

I've learned that looking back is fine but if it makes you feel sad stop doing it , I've tried to stop doing it.
Keep calm and carry on.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Get used to it kid. Life is one long series of disappointments. One after the other.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

If I had a time machine there is only one year I would travel to: 1969! The summer of love! Pre-AIDS sex and oral contraceptives just became mainstream!!!

edit on 1-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Wonder if t his is what getting old feels like, i remember well my dad told me the movies i was watching 80s/90s where structurally poorly designed and the stories of old movies where much more interesting to him, i know feel exactly the same way about movies that currently come out in cinema.. it really makes me wonder have i know also reached that point.

Oc we have technology now which really does make a difference, you where free back then, only called home to set a time you be back and from then on no more strings where now i see parents that constantly PING their spouse or they will stress not knowing where they are. Crazy if you think back but normal for them and anybody born in this era.

That feeling, nothing special in the world anymore is a haunting feeling, the only thing i could come up with that would really open the doors again is a internet connection to a civilization not on this world, it will give access to fast storage of history & cinematic entertainment, now that should keep us busy for a while. But here on earth, nah, everything we loved and found mystifying hollywood gobbled up and spit it out with a price-tag

new topics

top topics

join