It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Dangerous Is Mind Blowing!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
great game... the visuals are stunning!

But it will Blow Your Frickin Mind IF you can play it In VR!!

And its %70 off until july 6th!!

Keep in mind you only need a decent Cpu to play this game... Even IF you have a samgsung phone, grab a basic VR headset for $20 and play this game!

IF like myself you love space... you have to play this game!!

Playing on screen is great fun too, but in VR you're flying a bloody space ship though the stars!!

DO IT.... seriously

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Off topic, sorry, but when I scrolled down I thought this thread was titled ' Ellen Degeneres is mind blowing."

...and I had a whole punchline ready to go.

I'll see myself out.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

LOL

Shes cool too... but not this cool

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

LOL maybe if I was 20 years younger, with the patience, - what a mind blower

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Anyone who gots a few extra bucks to spare i can advice to get a flightstick , i got the Hotas flightstick , it allows you to have some better control overall over your spacecraft.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Absolutely!
Hotas is a must for this game.
I love it!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Obligatory : Amazingly underrated game! Buy a H.O.T.A.S. for it! Build a home made cockpit! Transform your office then living room into a flight deck and Hanger! Your wife is going to LOVE this game!

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

stop!

Ok just stop!

I'm can't afford vr yet and every time I read anything about this game it sounds like my dream game.

I want to play it so bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sorry man but i can't stop... its becoming an obscession

You can play this with a moderately decent cpu and google cardboard believe it or not!!

The specs to run it are really low... and all you really need is a samgsung phone if you're desperate to play

Or buy it now... so you can play it later

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

no, if i play this I'm going all out. I already have a good system I just need the vr head set and the flight control sticks.

I'm going to make sure I get the best control stick for this game that I can.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Obligatory : Amazingly underrated game! Buy a H.O.T.A.S. for it! Build a home made cockpit! Transform your office then living room into a flight deck and Hanger! Your wife is going to LOVE this game!

Aye, but finding the right kind of Hotas or Hosas setup for ED is tricky.

I need to take a good hard look at the VKB Kosmosina or the Virpil Constellation Delta sticks, but I don't like any of their throttles.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

no, if i play this I'm going all out. I already have a good system I just need the vr head set and the flight control sticks.

I'm going to make sure I get the best control stick for this game that I can.

All the power to ya brother

I play with a mouse and keyboard... works perfectly for me

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sorry man but i can't stop... its becoming an obscession

You can play this with a moderately decent cpu and google cardboard believe it or not!!

The specs to run it are really low... and all you really need is a samgsung phone if you're desperate to play

Or buy it now... so you can play it later

True.

But the question for me is: Samsung Odyssey+, Valve Index, the new Oculus Rift S, or the Vive. I don't need a full vr setup for most of the games I have, but I do want to try that Iron wolf vr uboat game or w/e its called, which I think works best with the Vive + sensors.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I suppose it depends on what you can afford...

the index is a grand... looks pretty good, especially with the knuckles

Personally im quite happy with my Acer WMR... but I may opt for something when the next gen comes out...

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's a shame Star Citizen turned out to be such a let down, because it promised so much more than ED.
I find being able to walk around your ship in SC so immersive, however it's little more than a cobbled together demo after 6 years and hundreds of millions of dollars in crowd funding.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It's a shame Star Citizen turned out to be such a let down, because it promised so much more than ED.
I find being able to walk around your ship in SC so immersive, however it's little more than a cobbled together demo after 6 years and hundreds of millions of dollars in crowd funding.

Yeah, as soon as a new version of the engine comes out, they basically remake the game anew. I get it, but maybe they should just finish the game, all on one version, and work on SC2 if they want the new shinies.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I suppose it depends on what you can afford...

the index is a grand... looks pretty good, especially with the knuckles

Personally im quite happy with my Acer WMR... but I may opt for something when the next gen comes out...

I guess I'm just looking for something that will work well without the controllers, for sim racing/flight/ED, but allow me to have the option to use them, or maybe buy them later, if/when I want the full vr experience.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Well apparently its really hard to use the controllers in ED anyways... Most recommend the whole HOTAS thingy... I get why, but I've been gaming with the mouse and keyboard for so long its very natural... Thusly... that is what I use and it works great...

Most any headset will work for sim games... again it really depends on what you wanna spend... Hell you can go all out and get the PIMAX headset... best FOV out there atm

Though I would just grab one of the base three sets, Rift, HTC, WMR... OR an oculus GO... cheapest, most comfortable, and enjoyable, hassle free set out there... its still my fav, and I have psvr and WMR

In fact I haven't even tried Elite Dangerous on my gaming rig yet... I play it on this lower end cpu with my GO and ALVR and it works fantastic

edit on 2-7-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join