It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just in...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio that there has been a multiple shooting in the Lockheed Martin plant in Mississippi, USA. Details are sketchy but apparently an man wearing combat fatiques entered and opened fire. Early reports say that there are several victims maybe including the gunman himself.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Gunman came in with a semi automatic and a shotgun, Sheriff will not comment of scene yet. Gunman died from a shot through the torso.

More to come

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Here is the Link

Doesn't one of our members work there?

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
ssembler at the plant in this city of 40,000 near the Alabama line. Exactly what set him off was not immediately clear. But Steverson said Williams was known as a racist who did not like blacks.

===========================================

I suggest you read DRAGONS thread about HAARP and take into consideration the boys in Pa. as well as Al.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
this just goes to show ya that americans are crazy. lets have mental health checks as part of the system when buying guns. hell the germans did it after one shooting at a school. we've had 3 or 4 shootings at schools and others at plants and other buildings. why is it the germans get more # done after one event unlike us where it takes 5 or more to get stuff writen and passed?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry Don`t see this as being a world event of major importance. Although it is certainly very disturbing this kind of thing seems to happen in the US every time you turn round. Americas failure to properly address this issue never seems to be discussed without it turning into a slanging match between the pro and anti gun lobbies.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree with the principle there Ivan. I just wonder how it can be properly administered. Psychology is still a VERY subjective science. What one psychiatrist sees as violent tendancies another could see as sexual frustration.
I DO think a psychiatric BACKGROUND check should be performed as well as criminal records. Currently, when I buy a gun I check off a little box on the form that basically says:

"Are you a psycho? _Yes __No

Common sense tells me that if I WERE psyco I would probably still check the no box

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The gun issue isn't the issue that needs to be addressed.

Who are we to judge the guy's morality? What standards would you use?

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well I judge the fact that he opened fire on a bunch of his co-workers as pretty bad morals (in my book).

I think I know what you're saying though.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why this was moved from Other Current Events to ChitChat. It really isn't chit chat as it was a major news event that fell under neither Pol scandal nor War on terror. I realize this is now a dated story but should it not have been allowed to simply move on down the Current Events list?

As it clearly doesn't fall under the ChitChat catagory and isn't wanted in the Current Events forum, it would be fine with me if one of you mods want to kill it. No problems.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
I agree with the principle there Ivan. I just wonder how it can be properly administered. Psychology is still a VERY subjective science. What one psychiatrist sees as violent tendancies another could see as sexual frustration.
I DO think a psychiatric BACKGROUND check should be performed as well as criminal records. Currently, when I buy a gun I check off a little box on the form that basically says:

"Are you a psycho? _Yes __No

Common sense tells me that if I WERE psyco I would probably still check the no box

well as soon as the person who wants to buy a gun fills out all the paper work at the store he has 3 days to see a phycologist or some head guy. if he doesnt do that he dont get the gun weather he's sane or not.

join