It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Democrats want America to fail.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
While I don't believe that Dems actually want the US to fall, they have unfortunately placed themselves in a position of automatically opposing anything that the Republicans and Bush come up with, even if it might be a good idea. The merits of the issue don't seem to matter anymore. If Bush proposed it, they are going to fight it, just because Bush proposed it.

This is just another example of why the Dems are losing it. They have let emotion override reason and then based their policies on the expectation that everyone else is prepared to think in the same backward way. Sell that crap in Europe. They might buy it, but as November proves, the majority of Americans won't.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I was actually watching that episode while it was on. It was odd, it seems John Stewart was almost...admitting that he was wrong. They he started joking about how there's still hope we'll fail, and it seemed like that other lady was taking it a little too seriously...kind of creepy, but I don't think that the democrats in general want America to fall. Some want us to fail in the war efforts just because it's become so politicized, but I don't think most democrats mean any harm.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Jon SAtewart wrong? About what? His religon? Being Jewish is wrong? not worshipping Bush is wrong? It was a guest on his show..... how was he wrong? He's had Colin Powell, John McCain, Kerry, Ah-nold, so it seems he wasn't wrong about anything. I am confused, you are saying JS was wrong because he didn't agree with his guest???? I am trying to figure out how he was wrong. Did he ever say before this that we need to kill everyone that voted for Bush and turn ourselves over to the UN for the UN to rule us??? No. Herman, yes he is a Jew, yes he is liberal, it doesn't mean he is represented by every other liberal out there. Like you are not represented by AC when she tells Bush to nuke Canada for not agreeing with America's war for oil.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Jon SAtewart wrong? About what? His religon? Being Jewish is wrong?

W-W-W-W-WHAT!??!? James, where on EARTH did you get this!?!?? Dear God, you know what they say about people who assume... Ass-u-me, you get where I'm going.

Anyway, I'm saying it sounds like he was admitting he was wrong about some aspects of the war because of what he said. I believe one of his exact quotes was, "Is it really possible that this is actually.....working?" Then he went on to say something about Bush becoming the calibur of Reagan and his son going to a school named after Bush (Half-jokingly, of course). I recall him once saying that this war, in his opinion, was one of the biggest mistakes in American history. Now that we're seeing some real results from it, he's starting to go back on what he said. That's what I meant by wrong.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is so wrong how can Democrats wants American to fail when bush so far is doing a great job with the failing with not help at all and all by himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join