It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New discovery- possible life on MArs

page: 1

join
share:
GD

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yep, we've been here before. The Viking experiments, which turned out to be flawed. The Martian virus fossils under covered in a meteorite. Some people thought the blueberries might be biologic, and who could ever forget the non-existent canals. This week, it seems as though the curiosity rover has uncovered some peculiar gaseous anomalies. You need a subscription, so I couldn't read the whole thing, but this could be amazing. NY Times and new life on Mars discovery

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
They have found all sorts of possible signs of life on Mars but, they are such as a possible Amino Acid or maybe , it might be, a microbe.... possibly.

I'll hold my applause until I see a uranium P-238 space modulator.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GD

Given your source is the NY Times, I'm assuming those gaseous anomalies are only being considered 'life' because they're outside a uterus?
edit on 22-6-2019 by Rewey because: speling is hrad

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You can read about it here for free.

NASA Rover on Mars Detects Puff of Gas That Hints at Possibility of Life

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rewey

Given your source is the NY Times, I'm assuming those gaseous anomalies are only being considered 'life' because they're outside a uterus?

Seems a weird place for your comment. Clearly no one has ever said a cell is not life it is simply not an intelligent life form.
The cells on your skin shed each day were alive too.
Life on mars could be single cells or it could be much more.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
There are alien facilities underground venting used air out.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Perhaps Mars now has Chipotle.

Powerful beans.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Why do some people feel the need to go there? This is totally irrelevant and off topic, the slogan if the site is Deny Ignorance, I think you misread it as Display Ignorance.

I clicked this link really quickly, knowing it wasn't going to be earth shattering but somehow still find myself slightly disappointed. I won't hold my breath for the results...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Why do some people feel the need to go there? This is totally irrelevant and off topic, the slogan if the site is Deny Ignorance, I think you misread it as Display Ignorance.

I clicked this link really quickly, knowing it wasn't going to be earth shattering but somehow still find myself slightly disappointed. I won't hold my breath for the results...

You might think it's off topic, but just pointing out that we've had literally dozens of threads regarding abortion over the past couple of months, the core disagreement of which is when 'life' begins. I just find it ironic that some people don't view a full term baby as life, but gaseous anomalies or amines from another planet do count.

OP - my apologies. I didn't mean to derail your thread. It was just meant as an aside...

Ignore me and please continue...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

You might think it's off topic, but just pointing out that we've had literally dozens of threads regarding abortion over the past couple of months, the core disagreement of which is when 'life' begins. I just find it ironic that some people don't view a full term baby as life, but gaseous anomalies or amines from another planet do count.

So we're in agreement, abortion isn't the issue here and your post was off to the right of the actual topic. Good good.

They may well still find out that these gasses have some other explanation, after all we're applying earth logic to an alien world...

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Topic already being discussed here.

Thread closed.

top topics

join