It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Alabama Megachurch be able to hire it's own Police?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Someone explain to me why this church would need an actual police force vs. the security they already have.

When you become so rich that the normal security is not enough to protect your assets, naturally you look to consign more help. And you can afford it.

This church has too much money, that's it.

exactly, these mega churches have more money than they know what to do with. Got to find those tax write-offs somewhere..

Since churches pay no taxes, they have no need of "tax write offs." Churches are deadbeat leeches that suck up our tax payments for the fire and police departments that protect them, the streets that they use, the national air traffic control infrastructure that their private jets use, and on and on.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why hiring armed security isn't good enough? It seems like they're basically admitting that they are up to no good just by the shape of what they're proposing.

I dunno. I'm an atheist and I dislike religion, TBH. More to the point, I distrust religious people of all stripes because they have all basically just joined a cult. Whatever religion it is, it's just different flavors of cult.

I don't like the idea of law enforcement getting mixed up with a cult. I don't trust religious people because they always start out saying they're not about forcing people to agree with them and pretty much end up trying to do it anyway.

edit on 22-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You fell for the old NPR glorified headline gambit
They gotta have them clicks , I tell ya

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
wouldn't it be the same as a company hiring security?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join