It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It's like calling somebody homophobic because they wouldn't date somebody of the same sex.

It's not "like" it... it is exactly what this is.

The LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ community has been telling us for years that their agenda was only to achieve "equal rights" and not to push for others to be gay. For the most part, for most people, I have found this to be true. But there are those, like the article in the OP (not the study; the article) who obviously do have the agenda they have been trying to tell us they did not. They literally expect everyone to be gay and see straight people as some sort of enemy that must be converted.

And to some extent they have succeeded. There are some posters who actually agree with the article, although when pressed, they cannot explain why.

The simple truth is that if someone is gay, bi, trans, whatever, I don't care. It's only a small part of who they are, just like being straight is only a small part of who I am. Just leave me out of your sexual exploits and we'll get along just fine. I don't want to be your partner, and I don't want to hear about your activities... for that matter, I'm not really interested in a straight person's activities either. If that's not enough "equality," then you will never have equality. If you want my respect, call out these idiots who are making you look bad by pressing these ridiculous agendas... you'll get my respect.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree with what you said for the most part, but in reality it's a tiny % of people that actually agree it is transphobic to not date a trans person. Most people do just want equal rights, they aren't trying to convert people, but every group has its extremists.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
it is dehumanising to declare that you wouldn't date an entire class of people.
that's a simple fact - you're treating people as an identical mass that you can just cast aside in one go.
that's pretty much the definition of dehumanising there.

Said the person who doesn't even know how to use a dictionary...

Dehumanising: to deprive of positive human qualities.

So, I'm a man. Male. XY chromosome pair.

I hereby declare that I refuse to date any other men... males... anyone with XY chromosome pairs.

Please explain -slowly, please, since I am obviously slow - how this declaration in any way deprives said group of people - which includes myself - of positive human qualities. I mean, it isn't like I am not casting them aside in terms of their humanity, I am simply casting them aside as potential sex partners.

Dating is about the connection between two individuals. You meet and you hit it off for various reasons, generally similar interests or views on the world.

For most people, it is also about the sexual attraction/connection. For many, it is also about the potential for procreation.

it's like saying you wouldn't date an asian, or a blonde. There are a LOT of people in those subsets and they're all extremely different and going "nah blondes don't do it for me" is extremely reductionist and rude.

Saying you will not date anyone of the same sex is nowhere near the same as saying you will not date asian women, or blondes.

But, there is also nothing whatsoever wrong with saying 'nah, blondes don't do it for me' either... it is called personal preference, and we all have them. Again, having and verbalizing said preferences in no way deprives those people who fall outside of those preferences of 'positive human qualities'.

Only with trans people it's on a whole extra level because there are SO MANY trans people you'd never even know are trans unless they told you.

Well, depends on what you mean by 'SO MANY'... I disagree that it is anywhere near 0.6%, but that is the figure google reveals, so I'll go with that...

Seeing as there are SO MANY, I think there should be a federal law requiring all trans people to inform potential partners up front that they are trans, during their first encounter that displays potential for going down that road, and long before there is a 'first kiss' - just like someone with HIV has to do.

I have always wondered what percentage of violence against trans women is due to the fact that they were assaulted by a man that they conned into a date, who only learned they were really a man when they went to do the deed.

I don't know how I would react in such a situation, but it wouldn't be good...

So to just decide that you won't date any of these people, en masse - yeah that's dehumanising in action right there.

Again... simply saying I have no interested in dating another man, in no way deprives all men of basic human qualities. They are just human qualities that do not interest me sexually.

But don't worry, you're not being forced to date trans people. trans people already suffer enough in this world.

Not yet, maybe, but from what I have seen, we aren't that far away from just such madness, and if that ever happens, trans people will likely be in very grave danger.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So somehow it's straight peoples fault that they have dehumanized themselves and we should roll with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It is a small percentage that are doing this... I thought I mentioned that. Most people just want to be treated like people. It's the crazies that are making that harder for everyone else.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I don't think ContinuousThunder thought that through. Gay people dehumanize straight people in his world, apparently.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: tanstaafl

I don't think ContinuousThunder thought that through. Gay people dehumanize straight people in his world, apparently.

Hah! Wish I'd thought of that too...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
So somehow it's straight peoples fault that they have dehumanized themselves and we should roll with it.

Not even a viable life form in this space-time continuum, never mind the debate of human or not. Once anyone irreversibly negates the natural structure determined by their DNA they have departed the quantum, not able return.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I agree with what you said for the most part, but in reality it's a tiny % of people that actually agree it is transphobic to not date a trans person. Most people do just want equal rights, they aren't trying to convert people, but every group has its extremists.

Is that why children are being exposed to not just sexual acts, but gay/lesbian and trans sexual acts even in school? is that why youtube is full of videos teaching children how to sodomize each other, and perform other sexual acts WHICH NO CHILDREN SHOULD BE TAUGHT?... Children shouldn't be taught on how to have sex even with straight people... This is abuse and indoctrination, not to mention depraved. Yet you want to deny it is happening?...

edit on 25-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Is that why children are being exposed to not just sexual acts, but gay/lesbian and trans sexual acts even in school? is that why youtube is full of videos teaching children how to sodomize each other, and perform other sexual acts WHICH NO CHILDREN SHOULD BE TAUGHT?... Children shouldn't be taught on how to have sex even with straight people... This is abuse and indoctrination, not to mention depraved. Yet you want to deny it is happening?...

Is that happening. Are children being exposed to sexual acts. Are they being taught how to sodomise each other?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Is that why children are being exposed to not just sexual acts, but gay/lesbian and trans sexual acts even in school?

Huh? Show me where kids are being "exposed" to sexual acts in school. WTF are you even talking about?

is that why youtube is full of videos teaching children how to sodomize each other and perform other sexual acts WHICH NO CHILDREN SHOULD BE TAUGHT?

Videos teaching kids how to have anal sex??? WHERE? Are you against sex education? It wouldn't surprise me considering all your other extreme reactionary positions and irrational paranoia. They don't teach how to have anal sex in school, they just explain what it is. LMAO!! You act like they get a bunch of 5 year olds in a room and make people have sex in front of them and encourage the kids to do it. Come on....

Children shouldn't be taught on how to have sex even with straight people... This is abuse and indoctrination, not to mention depraved. Yet you want to deny it is happening?...

Sex education is extremely important and teaches people safe methods for something they may end up doing. They don't just encourage people to have sex. They EDUCATE people. You apparently prefer kids being hidden from the real world and then getting each other pregnant when they are teenagers because knowledge was suppressed from them by moronic overbearing parents... and you wonder why teen pregnancy is highest among the hard core Christians and the idiotic "abstinence only" position.

edit on 6 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

They don't teach how to have anal sex in school, they just explain what it is.

Explaining what it is is called teaching it. So, really, you just said, "They don't teach it, they just teach it instead."

I don't have a problem with sex education, at the appropriate age and concerning appropriate subjects. Anal sex is not one of those appropriate subjects; neither is the transexual fetish. You want to teach about how pregnancy happens and ways to prevent it safely? No issue. You want to teach about every damn sexual perversion and fetish on the planet? BIG problem. Kids do not need assistance in figuring out what turns them on.

Based on that post, you seem to think that parents are not capable of raising their own children unless they agree with you. Too bad, so sad... that's a fight you will not win, and a hill you definitely don't want to die on... even if you think you do.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Explaining what it is is called teaching it. So, really, you just said, "They don't teach it, they just teach it instead."

So when they teach students in physics classes about nuclear fusion and nuclear bomb technology are they teaching them how to make them and encouraging their use? Does teaching about the holocaust encourage genocide? Of course not, it's education, not condoning or encouraging.

The person above was acting like they sit there and give them pointers on anal sex while watching somebody do it in front of them. It's pure paranoid delusion. I went to Catholic school and had sex education in 7th grade (and this was back in the early 90s) and they mentioned anal sex. They didn't go into detail, they just mentioned that it was a method people used to have sex and that you can bleed if lubricant is not used. Sorry, but that is important to know for a kid about to go through puberty who may have such urges himself. Anal sex isn't just a homosexual thing either. Learning the risks of such activity is important, just like learning the risks of driving, or the risks of doing activities involving germs and not washing your hands. Why teach any of that?

I don't have a problem with sex education, at the appropriate age and concerning appropriate subjects. Anal sex is not one of those appropriate subjects; neither is the transexual fetish.

Anal sex is a fact of the world. Why is that not appropriate to explain? People are going to have anal sex regardless, it makes sense to teach them the risks involved and how to be safe. Teaching about something is not the same as encouraging them to do it. Trans is not a fetish, either, it's just a reality of the world. Trans people are out there. What exactly do you think they are teaching kids about them?

You want to teach about how pregnancy happens and ways to prevent it safely? No issue. You want to teach about every damn sexual perversion and fetish on the planet? BIG problem. Kids do not need assistance in figuring out what turns them on.

It's not about turning them on, it's about educating them of such realities before they haphazardly try to do it themselves. Sorry, but by that logic we shouldn't teach driver's ed and just let the kids figure it out for themselves while on the road. Also they don't teach every single fetish in sex ed, that's just dumb. They teach about SEX, you don't see them getting into S&M or role play fantasy, they only teach they 3 main methods of sex (vagina, oral and anal). You can turn a blind eye to the FACT that the majority of teenagers have sex, but I'd rather educate them ahead of time so they know the risks, because they will do it regardless of what people tell them.

Based on that post, you seem to think that parents are not capable of raising their own children unless they agree with you. Too bad, so sad... that's a fight you will not win, and a hill you definitely don't want to die on... even if you think you do.

I'm talking about education in school. Yeah unfortunately many parents are horrible at raising children. They ruin them by forcing religion on them and hide them from the real world, then get shocked when their kid gets HIV or pregnant because they pounded a bunch of self righteous bs into their heads instead of actually educating them. That's exactly why teen pregnancy and hence child marriage is highest among the most stern Christians. I'm not making that up. Education is important. It's why we have schools. If parents were good enough to teach kids such things, we wouldn't need an education, we'd all be home schooled.

edit on 6 26 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So when they teach students in physics classes about nuclear fusion and nuclear bomb technology are they teaching them how to make them and encouraging their use?

Yes, actually. Teaching about nuclear fusion gives a person sufficient information to make a crude atomic bomb (or at least enough to attempt the task and likely hurt themselves). That's why the purchase of enriched uranium is so tightly regulated.

Does teaching about the holocaust encourage genocide?

It certainly introduces the idea; I doubt many schoolchildren learning about it for the first time had given much thought to exterminating an entire race/religion. So far as I know, no one is teaching about the Holocaust and suggesting ways to make it work better, thankfully.

The person above was acting like they sit there and give them pointers on anal sex while watching somebody do it in front of them. It's pure paranoid delusion.

I don't think anyone is demonstrating anal sex in front of schoolchildren, but advocating the use of anal intercourse is indeed condoning it to children who are dripping sex hormones out of their ears. I remember that age. Anything that might feel good is an invitation to try it.

Anal sex is a fact of the world. Why is that not appropriate to explain? People are going to have anal sex regardless

I never have. Not into it.

Of course I am not into BDSM, or polygamy either.

It's not about turning them on, it's about educating them of such realities before they haphazardly try to do it themselves.

it doesn't have to be about turning them on... they're already turned on when the class starts. They're turned on every time the wind blows in the right direction.

It is interesting that you equate teaching sex ed with teaching driver safety. In driver safety, the children actually drive a car. If that metaphor is accurate, does than mean you support letting the kids try a little sex as long as they have supervision?

I'm talking about education in school. Yeah unfortunately many parents are horrible at raising children.

And you could do better, I assume? How many children have you raised?

That's the part of this that gets my goat. I have had so many people come to me when I was raising my kids, trying to tell me what I was doing wrong, despite them either being childless or raising a bunch of hellions. My two kids are strong, capable, compassionate, caring, and responsible adults who are quite capable of handling about anything society can throw at them... and here's your shocker: they were raised in a religious household!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Barcs you are a ray of sunshine.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I don't think anyone is demonstrating anal sex in front of schoolchildren, but advocating the use of anal intercourse is indeed condoning it to children who are dripping sex hormones out of their ears. I remember that age.

They aren't ADVOCATING for it. That was my whole point. It's a fact of life, they teach the facts involved, they don't tell the kids to go have anal sex. That's like saying DARE programs encourage kids to use drugs. They don't, they educate them about the risks.

Anything that might feel good is an invitation to try it.

You really think they aren't going to realize that people have anal sex, simply because a health class didn't teach it? You can't be serious. This might have been true in your day, but today it's 2019 and we have this thing called the internet. Kids will know anal sex is a thing likely before they hit 12.

I never have. Not into it.

Why not? Is it because your health class never taught it? If they did, would you have gone around trying to have anal sex with everyone?

it doesn't have to be about turning them on... they're already turned on when the class starts. They're turned on every time the wind blows in the right direction.

Which is exactly why they would try anal sex, not because they were educated about it LOL.

It is interesting that you equate teaching sex ed with teaching driver safety. In driver safety, the children actually drive a car. If that metaphor is accurate, does than mean you support letting the kids try a little sex as long as they have supervision?

They don't drive cars in drivers ed, they teach them the laws of the road and how to safely drive within those parameters. Sorry but this is a ridiculous leap in logic here, completely irrelevant to what I was talking about.
edit on 6 27 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Could I just paraphrase transexual Blair White here because I broadly share that viewpoint.

TJust teach young children that it's important to be kind to each other no matter what our differences are. When they're older we can get into the specifics of what those differences are

Of course there will be some difference of opinion about what age is too young and what age is old enough. But I think that's a fairly good guideline.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I think this is over-the-top.

When I was in secondary school (high school for you Yanks), we were only taught about condoms towards the very end of high school. Even then it was only a short video explaining puberty and a quick demonstration and test of how to put a condom on a dummy penis.

No videos depicting sexual activity of any kind and certainly nothing to the extent of what you are suggesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I discovered this recently. Sissy hypno porn can turn you gay, transgender, create a personality alter that is a female cumslut, who can cage the male identity and take over the body. And transgender it. In Bambi sleep, the IQ is lowered and the men are instructed to seek men for hook ups. Cock worship involved. I # you not.

This is pure MKULTRA stuff.

Hypno incest porn and hypno furry porn is also a thing. Hypnosis is consistent valid sexual kink.

www.nofap.com.../beware-of-sissy-hypnosis.96845/

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLorax

Wut.

aaaaaaannnnd....wut.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join