It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30th Anniversary of the Moscow Music Peace Festival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
1989 was a time of great change in Russia , the Iron Curtain was failing and Russia was making tentative steps away from Communist dictatorship to become a fledgling Democracy and member of the international community it had previously shunned , as part of Mikhail Gorbachev's Glasnost reforms the great and the good of western rock were invited to the Russian capital to put on a show the like of which the good people of Russia had never seen before , it was called The Moscow Music Peace Festival and it happened 30 years ago .... 30 years !!!!

Skid Row and Cinderella

Mötley Crüe

Scorpions

Ozzy Osbourne

Bon Jovi

So , who feels old now ?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Before my time and never heard of it, but looks like a good time. Given the artists that performed, my biggest question is how did they get all that blow into Russia.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Probably the same way Howard Marks got his into the States , inside the PA speakers.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Given the artists that performed, my biggest question is how did they get all that blow into Russia.

Russian Mafia probably took care of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ooooh, I'll watch the vids tomorrow. Great thread!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think that as the first pay per view I ever bought.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

So , who feels old now ?

I do!

I still have the t-shirt

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I didn't go to this concert, but I played at another festival with 30.000 people in Siberia in 1990. Someone there gave me the t-shirt with the Moscow Music Peace Festival. It has a big picture and logo at the front, and the band list is on the back. The soundman at the Bajkal Festival said he had to drive his truck for three weeks to get the sound gear there. We played at a stadium. Lucky for us there was no rain.

top topics

join