It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Price of milk & the animal cruelty at factory farms - Fairlife milk - Coca-cola's brand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I just got some oat milk after hearing how wonderful it is and I have to say it tastes more like flavored water (chocolate in this case). I didn't sense much if any oat taste, which I don't mind at all, I like cold oatmeal actually! The thing is that it feels like it has no "body". The texture was good, better than soy or almond from what I remember, but it just lacks a fullness of regular milk. I do have to say that I drink whole milk usually so that may be part of the reason, if I was used to skim or 1% it might not be much different, IDK.

I think the oat milk is pretty interesting. I might eat it on cereal if regular milk wasn't available, i looked at how to make it and it is really simple and easy - just a blender for the water, oats (rolled is probably best), little sweetener (dates are recommended) and tiny pinch of salt. Blend for a minute or so and then strain. Keep cold and if it is heated it will get "slimy" like oat's get when you make hot oatmeal but it's still fine to eat when heated - just a different texture.

<< 1   >>

join