It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satelite Dish Array in Dublin California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We were flying over Dublin this weekend and I spotted this array of dishes

I'm trying to pin down exactly what is is. Anybody have any ideas? I'm wondering if its an auxiliary area for the now defunct Blue Cube in Sunnyvale? Thoughts?

tinyurl.com...
edit on 6/11/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Do you think that ball in the compound on the left is a radar done or a water tower?? I could not tell by zooming in.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Do you think that ball in the compound on the left is a radar done or a water tower?? I could not tell by zooming in.

It geometric so im going with a dome as opposed to a tank. The photos are not the best as we were in the backup ship and the windows are cloudy

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I emailed a firend who knows a ton about stuff and he thinks its part of Parks AFB and the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This is new. And saved into maps. Thank You.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Santa Rita jail? Which is by camp parks base. Been to both
edit on 11-6-2019 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I would guess either Air Force or National Weather service. They only have one dish here for the national weather service, and only one of those balls that cover the radar, but I would guess they need more range and might need more there to directionally pinpoint things for farther distances near the ocean.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Both?
edit on 11-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I did a timeline search on Google Earth, looks like it was built around June of 1993. From year to year the Northern dish hardly moves at all while the southern dish moves a lot. The dome was built between April and August of 2016, prior to that there was a smaller dome nearby.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Given its relatively low elevation compared to the other structures and its association with the rest of the facility it is more likely a dome covered satellite dish than a radar.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Here is a closeup view

"www.bing.com/maps?osid=68225fff-3847-4327-a06a-5753a1659a55&cp=37.732158~-121.881516&lvl=19&style=g&v=2&sV=2&form=S00027"

Zoom in further for a close up

Also Wikimapia says:

"One of five Automated Remote Tracking Stations (ARTS), with the mission control center located at nearby Onizuka Air Force Station in Sunnyvale, CA"
edit on 11-6-2019 by GrumpyPants because: link correction

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
We were flying over Dublin this weekend and I spotted this array of dishes

I'm trying to pin down exactly what is is. Anybody have any ideas? I'm wondering if its an auxiliary area for the now defunct Blue Cube in Sunnyvale? Thoughts?

tinyurl.com...

Yes, they are owned by the 50th Space Wing, 50th Operations Group, Schriever Air Force Base. They're for communicating with all the spacecraft that the 50th owns. I'm friends with the guy who used to be the commander there.

new topics

top topics

join