It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Bara, TV whore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
On "Truth Behind the Moon Landing" S1E1 (Science Chan), after watching a demo by Dr. Michael Walter at The Carnegie Institute for Science, Mike Bara said this:

"It changed my mind. It seems it was possible to go through the Van Allen belts."

Well guess what? He's ON RECORD as being convinced of that anyway. Last year he wrote this about NASA's arrroach to the problem:

"Their solution was simple -- avoid exposure by keeping the spacecraft at low Earth orbit altitudes while in parking orbits and then send it through the belts at high speed. The eventual escape speed, some 25,000 miles per hour, would have passed them through the belts in less than an hour, keeping their dose well below 1 rad. There was a modicum of shielding from the equipment, but in the end this was not necessary as the extraordinary transition speed kept the dose below harmful limits -- both going to and returing from the Moon. NASA spent millions to develop the necessary technology to insure [sic] that the astronuats that went to the Moon were protected from the the physical threats of deep space and they were monitored at all times with dosimeters while travelling to and from the Moon. So the notion that the Van Allen belts would have turned the astronauts to crispy critters is simply false."

----Ancient Aliens and JFK (2018), p.183

So in other words, Bara was just putting it on for the TV show, doing what the producers asked in return for some $$$$$. What a whore.

edit on 9-6-2019 by Asertus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asertus

I'd say Bara has forfeited any claim he might have had for expertise on space technology. He chose money and fame over integrity.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You're kind of assuming he had any integrity to start with.

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 15 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asertus
a reply to: Asertus

I'd say Bara has forfeited any claim he might have had for expertise on space technology. He chose money and fame over integrity.

Can you explain..? You make it sound like Joe Rogan. Although he had the fame before the 200 million dollar spotify deal. Anyways...to stay on topic. Can it not be true what Bara says...?

I remember this young nasascientist explain the way to Mars and said that the radiation problem still needs to be fixed..

I am lost...I do not know what to believe anymore.

posted on Feb, 13 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret is a website that provides a platform for people to discuss a variety of topics related to conspiracy theories, current events, and other topics of interest. The site has a wide variety of forums, including a general discussion forum, a forum for discussing current events, and a forum for discussing conspiracy theories. The site also has a section for members to post their own articles and opinions. The site also has a section for members to ask questions and get answers from other members.

top topics

join